HUD with arrows pointing to target

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

vrod
x4

HUD with arrows pointing to target

Post by vrod » Wed, 17. Jan 18, 17:54

What mods are out there that have arrows pointing to the target?
I prefer something that uses cockpit mods. (like PSC01's)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 17. Jan 18, 18:00

isnt that already in Vanilla? even two sets of them - the Arrow pointing to your current target and also the one pointing to your Mission Target
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

vrod
x4

Post by vrod » Wed, 17. Jan 18, 23:22

Since I have started (again), I loaded XRM. Maybe that took the arrows away?
I also have PSC01's cockpit mod installed.

I have not noticed the mission arrows, because I have only taken 1 or 2 missions.

As far as targetting, I know for sure that there are no arrows. I have (3) 39" TV's I use (triple setup). When I target a station, I am looking all over the place for the little target box. Gets missed often.

I'll start messing with it and see what I find. I have a few different versions of X3 installed on my machine.

vrod
x4

Post by vrod » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 15:00

So, I kinda have arrows.

When a target is to the far left or right, then there are arrows onscreen.
When a target is either above or below, there are no arrows.

I played around with the resolutions, and found this to be the issue.

At 1920x1080, the arrows are very nice and visible all around. Perfect!
As resolution (width) is increased the arrows become less visible at the top and bottom of the screen.

At 5760x1080 resolution (my resolution), the arrows only work for targets on the sides.

I believe this is due to the lack of HUD elements (arrows) not being scaled properly for different resolutions.

Do you (or anyone reading this) how I could either add additional arrows (so there are either 3 or 4 instead of 2 sets) or how to scale the layout of the arrows?

thanks!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 17:52

afaik its Hardcoded, so no simple way to do that.. there are Tools somewhere to maybe change it, but its not my Area of expertise... i think Litcube is one of the few modders who could look into that, but not entirely sure...
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

vrod
x4

Post by vrod » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 22:57

gut wissen!

I like doing things myself whenever possible. I have a lot of custom stuff going on in my cockpit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1gNmbLAhjw&t=33s

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”