Drone Spam Nightmare

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Praxus
x3tc

Drone Spam Nightmare

Post by Praxus » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 02:38

I picked this game up not too long ago, and love it. Once I figured out how to capture capitals, I've started to roam around with a small fleet. The issue I'm having though is that whenever an enemy comes up to fight, all my ships launch drones. When they return, my console is flooded to the point that I can't see my radar without spamming the Shift + R because a hundred drones returned all at the same time.

Is there a mod out there, or any way I can disable the 'Drone Destroyed' spam? It's a minor issue, but one that makes me want to stop playing, or just not use anything drone related.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Drone Spam Nightmare

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 05:25

Praxus wrote:I picked this game up not too long ago, and love it. Once I figured out how to capture capitals, I've started to roam around with a small fleet. The issue I'm having though is that whenever an enemy comes up to fight, all my ships launch drones. When they return, my console is flooded to the point that I can't see my radar without spamming the Shift + R because a hundred drones returned all at the same time.

Is there a mod out there, or any way I can disable the 'Drone Destroyed' spam? It's a minor issue, but one that makes me want to stop playing, or just not use anything drone related.
Hi,

I always capture capitals alone with only a single Drone-less Taranis lurking close by. Only after I disabled all weapons I call it to aid in bringing the hull down.

I anyway rarely outfit my capitals with drones. The cost is much too high for the gain.

cu
Rainer

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: Drone Spam Nightmare

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 14:40

Praxus wrote:I picked this game up not too long ago, and love it. Once I figured out how to capture capitals, I've started to roam around with a small fleet. The issue I'm having though is that whenever an enemy comes up to fight, all my ships launch drones. When they return, my console is flooded to the point that I can't see my radar without spamming the Shift + R because a hundred drones returned all at the same time.

Hm, u should only receive direct notifications if u launch drones from the skunk and those are being killed. :o

Praxus
x3tc

Post by Praxus » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 17:07

Yeah, I don't get it. When I am in the same sector as my Capital ships, I get drone spam. It's also a little irritating that when an NPC is talking, you have no controls.

I had a big fleet battle where I took my ships into a mission with me where there were 3 enemy capitals. My radar was useless because there were so many drones being destroyed or returning. I had to Shift + R for almost a solid minute after the battle to clear my radar screen

Honimoura

How delete or deactivate drone's notification please ...

Post by Honimoura » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 12:36

Hello, I have constantly notifications of drones destroyed while they have nothing ... and I can not find or leave the notifications in the backup file.

If someone can give me the code to modify / delete or a script / mod to help me it would save me.

It's to the point that I do not even want to play so much that I'm harassed by these incessant reports of URV construction destroyed while I see them doing the work ... The radar is never visible and in a fight against is problematic. So I do not see the radar, loss or increase of reputation, transfer of money, etc.

I'm going crazy with a little thing that ruins the whole game.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Thx.

Honimoura

Post by Honimoura » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 12:41

Do you found any solution for that ?
I have this too and i go to be crazy !!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 16:43

I don't think it is the station construction that is being reported. It is more likely the orphan drone mechanic put in place in 4.10 that addressed an problem that when one of your capital ships boosts or jumps away while being repaired, it leaves its CURVs behind as stationary orphans although still showing them as 'in use' so that you cannot replace them on the ship.

The game mechanic recognises cases of orphaned drones, destroys the original orphans and puts replacements onto the parent ship. That action unfortunately used to generate lots of CURV (or Cargolifter) destroyed message spam, but that was then said to be fixed in version 4.30:

Changelog 4.30 extract: • Fixed player getting notifications for player-owned Construction URVs and Cargolifters getting destroyed.

What version are you on?

(Honimoura thread merged with previous thread on this.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 17:32

Notifications obscuring the radar map is a general nuisance. Unfortunately there is no "clean" way to solve this issue.

However, it seems that in X4 the PDA and radar map have been separated (at least I do hope so).

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 18:02

euclid wrote:Notifications obscuring the radar map is a general nuisance. Unfortunately there is no "clean" way to solve this issue.

However, it seems that in X4 the PDA and radar map have been separated (at least I do hope so).

Cheers Euclid
Hi,

I already wrote a post in the public feedback forum about that. Considering the size if a typical computer monitor today, there is enough room for several different virtual monitors dedicated to a) map, b) selected object info and c) messages.

cu
Rainer

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 19:06

Sufficient to say that the HUD and UI was poorly designed for XR plain and simple.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”