Where is the ship fit forum/post?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sectioneight
x4

Where is the ship fit forum/post?

Post by sectioneight » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 16:28

I haven't played in ages, I thought I could just pick it up and everything would come back to me.

It Didn't.

I starting trying to fit a few wing ships and suddenly it looked like a foreign language.

I remembered there was a fit forum or maybe a post with all of the ships linked in it with fits and comments. I searched all over but the forums seem to of been changed and damned if I could find the fit's.

Is it gone or am I being thick?

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 17:36

Fleet combat? Modded or vanilla?

I generally respect the dev team and won't say something is "unplayable" without mods, but fleet combat is the one thing that is completely broken in vanilla.

If not modded 10% of your fighters may die just by undocking. 30% of them will refuse to dock IS because of a bug. Another 20% will crush into each other at some point during combat. The faster they are the more in danger they are. Then you have an insane amount of chore (mainly consists of installing equipment and enabling MDM), and if one your fighters is damaged you have to check equipment breakage.

All and all that makes vanilla fleet combat a trophy-ish thing. I enjoyed doing it in Final Fury but guarantee it's not for day-to-day use.

If you got Bounce and CODEA installed, then that's another question. Any fighter with >75 MJ shielding and >140m/s can work. PBG is the preferred weapon but just about anything will work. I like the Tempest missile for its retargeting system.

Highly recommend you getting CODEA installed. The vanilla fleet management is simply not gonna cut it.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 17:44

Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

sectioneight
x4

Post by sectioneight » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 17:55

Im playing vanilla with the bonus mod pack installed.

I'll find and install CODEA and bounce. I 'm losing ships left and right - I think mostly due to fit or maybe m4's just don't cut it in fleet mode anymore. I've lost several solano's this morning and I *thought* i remember them being great wings.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Wed, 17. Jan 18, 06:50

sectioneight wrote:Im playing vanilla with the bonus mod pack installed.

I'll find and install CODEA and bounce. I 'm losing ships left and right - I think mostly due to fit or maybe m4's just don't cut it in fleet mode anymore. I've lost several solano's this morning and I *thought* i remember them being great wings.
The only viable M4. 1.2m each in comparison to 2.5m each (m3) and 5-6m each (m3+).

Mass driver is a fun weapon to use on Solano, emphasis on fun and not practicality. PRG is too taxing on the energy side.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”