A fun game called looking at the leaderboard and figuring out how the f they did it

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fireanddream
xr

A fun game called looking at the leaderboard and figuring out how the f they did it

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 06:36

I know sandbox games have some ridiculous leaderboard scores but this is just too much...

kurush visited 31,327 UFJD sectors...

holger.nebel transported 18,515 passengers. Let's say the military transport missions average 10 passengers a time, that's 1.8k missions completed...

Crawdaddy79 traveled 1,691 km per hour. That's at least 300m/s for the entire game. Arrow/Starburst plus seta in an empty sector? Holding down the up arrow and seta?

bugatti owned 59,731 ships. That's pressing "increase to max" and "enter" button 5.9k times. Of course button pressing can be automated, but still...

Bargon owned 22,942 stations. Not gonna attempt to visualize that.

UnknownObject fired 9,111 shots per hour. That's at least 15 PBE firing non stop. Do turrets count?

And then there's Alan F with 1,312,933 missiles fired. Gannet with mosquito barrage (lol)? Still need to fire over 100 cargo full of mosquito.

Finally ramon3 with 1,033 boarding attempts and successes.

BRUH.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 06:50

Some of those guys (all?) have been playing on the same start for years. I hate to think what some of my numbers might be if I wasn't constantly starting over. Probably not up at the top of the board, but high enough to make me question my priorities for sure.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 10:16

Emptying 100 cargo bays of missiles is not that extraordinary actually. It's just about as much as you need to clear out all Xenon sectors using only M7Ms.

Over 1k boarded ships is impressive though.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 11:11

I haven't played my "leaderboard-Vanlilla-game" for years now - but it has some impressive scores too :mrgreen:
But - as I can confirm - all honestly done. If you want to check how much of those scores has been made manually and how much was 'automated' in a certain way, then compare the numbers of "total playing time" and "total time spent in SETA". Some scores have a ratio of 10 to ~ 9 ...

jlehtone
x4

Re: A fun game called looking at the leaderboard and figuring out how the f they did it

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 16:31

All you need is a Duracel Bunny (aka stubborn git) that simply keeps on going towards the goal and beyond ...
fireanddream wrote:I know sandbox games have some ridiculous leaderboard scores but this is just too much...

kurush visited 31,327 UFJD sectors...
You can find tunings randomly from UFJD, and if you really want to "get some" for multiple ships ...
fireanddream wrote:holger.nebel transported 18,515 passengers. Let's say the military transport missions average 10 passengers a time, that's 1.8k missions completed...
How about the Tours of Lifetime? Longer, yes, but more passengers too. Elapsed time in game: 3m 19d. A long time and 4,976 missions completed ...
fireanddream wrote:Crawdaddy79 traveled 1,691 km per hour. That's at least 300m/s for the entire game.
SETA does not affect ship speed. Stations: 4; Elapsed time in game: 2d 10h. (And Elapsed realtime: a day and a half.) Relatively short time in Disco or Kestrel, pedal to the metal, or perhaps Afterburner on too..
fireanddream wrote:bugatti owned 59,731 ships. That's pressing "increase to max" and "enter" button 5.9k times. Of course button pressing can be automated, but still...
Do Satellites count as "ships"? I think they do in the X3R stats. (Or was it the Fighter Drones?).
fireanddream wrote:Bargon owned 22,942 stations. Not gonna attempt to visualize that.
We actually want to see that framerate, in case it makes us feel lucky. ;)
fireanddream wrote:UnknownObject fired 9,111 shots per hour. That's at least 15 PBE firing non stop. Do turrets count?
Turrets do not count. 8 PBE can fire 9,224 shots in one minute, if you have energy. Easy to spread in short bursts over an hour.
fireanddream wrote:And then there's Alan F with 1,312,933 missiles fired.
Elapsed realtime: almost 129 days. Only 11k per day, about 500 per hour. My standard Cobra loadout is 192 Hammers and 320 Flails.

Does a swarm missile count as one or as eight? How many missiles does one maximal Flail barrage count as?
fireanddream wrote:Finally ramon3 with 1,033 boarding attempts and successes.
Which does not tell how many reloads there were on failures. You can quite safely bet that if successes equal attempts, then each attempt has been reloaded until successful. The real "attempts" is thus way higher. 8)

Ridiculous? No, Sir, that is what we merely start from and then continue to ludicrous. :lol:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

fig
x2

Post by fig » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 17:11

I'm still playing X2. I reckon I'll be finished in another year and I'll upload my stats then. If I break any records it will be because I've kept playing and playing and playing. There are still game goals to aim for though and I'm trying to get there!!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 18:07

you could also upload now and upload again later to update your stats ;) its not a one time deal ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 15. Jan 18, 21:36

Or merely export to file and read the stats from the file.

I've used the (X3R) stats file to check what Factories and Mines I have in a sector before I add the Complex tubing. IMHO the easiest method of checking that I have the yields that was aiming for.

zazie
x4

Re: A fun game called looking at the leaderboard and figuring out how the f they did it

Post by zazie » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 13:50

jlehtone wrote:Do Satellites count as "ships"?
Yes. But they also have their own category (where NavSats and AdvSats are taken in account as equal)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 16:24

zazie wrote:
Yes. But they also have their own category (where NavSats and AdvSats are taken in account as equal)
In other words, breaking the "Ships record" is as easy as* buiding a trivial Complex and filling Atmospheric Lifter with it.
After that every single "Eject all freight" action adds 20'000 to your count ...

If you can win the Avarice auction.
If you can gather some items for repairing that strange red construct.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 08:11

Swarm missiles do count as 8 missiles fired. And the ones that don't hit or are shot down go against your missile hit efficiency.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

kohlrak

Post by kohlrak » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 09:47

jlehtone wrote:
zazie wrote:
In other words, breaking the "Ships record" is as easy as* buiding a trivial Complex and filling Atmospheric Lifter with it.
After that every single "Eject all freight" action adds 20'000 to your count ...

If you can win the Avarice auction.
If you can gather some items for repairing that strange red construct.
Realistically, though, I don't think people intentionally try to hit these numbers. I think it comes from legit gameplay.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 16:19

No.

My experience: In my games I put Satellites in ALL sectors to see the whole sector visible in the sector-map. Only exception: in Xenon and Kha'ak-Sectors with active sector defense and repeated destruction of my satellites I do not insist after two replacements. Some satellites in remote corners of a sector sometimes survive.
Of course this needs time and in the beginning it's only one satellite per sector. But after severel IG-days I have about 1'300 satellites spread over ~95% of the sectors (X3TC or XTC).

In other words: setting satellites all over the map has a 'natural' limit of 1'500.

In my actual player ranking game [see Active satellites] you will find the number of >3100 satellites. That is roughly double as much as maximally needed.

I "confess": I have set hundreds of satellites in remote sectors and far off the map-borders (in maximum-zoom, of course) just to blow up those number.

Cheating? Well, those satellites have been built and transported to their place in space. But yes, hundreds of them have no real ingame-purpose.

More than 9000 satellites: thousands of them have no ...

Now look at numbers for elapsed real time (more than 16 thousand DAYS, but not in the top-ten for elapsed time in game :gruebel: , just one example).

kohlrak

Post by kohlrak » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 02:57

zazie wrote:No.

My experience: In my games I put Satellites in ALL sectors to see the whole sector visible in the sector-map. Only exception: in Xenon and Kha'ak-Sectors with active sector defense and repeated destruction of my satellites I do not insist after two replacements. Some satellites in remote corners of a sector sometimes survive.
Of course this needs time and in the beginning it's only one satellite per sector. But after severel IG-days I have about 1'300 satellites spread over ~95% of the sectors (X3TC or XTC).

In other words: setting satellites all over the map has a 'natural' limit of 1'500.

In my actual player ranking game [see Active satellites] you will find the number of >3100 satellites. That is roughly double as much as maximally needed.

I "confess": I have set hundreds of satellites in remote sectors and far off the map-borders (in maximum-zoom, of course) just to blow up those number.

Cheating? Well, those satellites have been built and transported to their place in space. But yes, hundreds of them have no real ingame-purpose.

More than 9000 satellites: thousands of them have no ...

Now look at numbers for elapsed real time (more than 16 thousand DAYS, but not in the top-ten for elapsed time in game :gruebel: , just one example).
Speaking of which, the advanced sats in X2 supposedly get a camera with the K key. Have yet to see a picture with one. What am i doing wrong? I go into the sector map, highlight the sat, press k, and no dice.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 06:20

kohlrak wrote: Speaking of which, the advanced sats in X2 supposedly get a camera with the K key. Have yet to see a picture with one. What am i doing wrong? I go into the sector map, highlight the sat, press k, and no dice.
The camera only works IS, when you're IN that sector. Its main use is exact placement of stations you want to build.

cu
Rainer

kohlrak

Post by kohlrak » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 06:49

RainerPrem wrote:
kohlrak wrote: Speaking of which, the advanced sats in X2 supposedly get a camera with the K key. Have yet to see a picture with one. What am i doing wrong? I go into the sector map, highlight the sat, press k, and no dice.
The camera only works IS, when you're IN that sector. Its main use is exact placement of stations you want to build.

cu
Rainer
So, unlike regular navsats, it's essentially a placeholder? 'Cause, I can move my ship where i want to take a look at things. And i can easily throw the external camera view on pretty much anything IS, anyway. I feel kinda shafted buying one, now. Oh well, lesson learned.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 07:53

kohlrak wrote:
RainerPrem wrote:

cu
Rainer
So, unlike regular navsats, it's essentially a placeholder? 'Cause, I can move my ship where i want to take a look at things. And i can easily throw the external camera view on pretty much anything IS, anyway. I feel kinda shafted buying one, now. Oh well, lesson learned.
I dunno about X2, but I use that "exact placement of stations" part a LOT. Of course, I just have one advanced sat that I carry around on the TL I use for placing stations, and I kick it out when I need it and where I need it, then pick it back up, because I'm cheap.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 08:28

kohlrak wrote:
RainerPrem wrote:

cu
Rainer
Hi,

advanced Sats have all features of regular navsats plus camera view plus a larger survey area.

cu
Rainer

kohlrak

Post by kohlrak » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 14:45

RainerPrem wrote:
kohlrak wrote:
RainerPrem wrote:

cu
Rainer
Hi,

advanced Sats have all features of regular navsats plus camera view plus a larger survey area.

cu
Rainer
So advanced navsats have the ability to find the gate that's hiding behind the asteroid that you could fly an M6 throught?

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 15:05

kohlrak wrote: So advanced navsats have the ability to find the gate that's hiding behind the asteroid that you could fly an M6 throught?
Are you referring to a specific situation?

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”