[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 9. Jan 18, 12:04

New Sanctuary Manager (rewritten from scratch) and Logistics system. (that's two screenshots in one)

To profit from the new logistics system, you just have to assign a Dock Agent to the Sanctuary. New DAs do not require Station Agent Software and they take the most suitable job for them. It's a little tricky to setup, but should give a lot more control over your DAs.

There are two tasks: Acquire and Distribute. And three sources/destinations: Factories, Sanctuaries and Trade.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 9. Jan 18, 13:43

Joubarbe wrote:You would have a special Marvel superpower that gives you a reason to be the leader: the ability to teleport inside any of your ships. Pilots would then be switched.

@memeics: you should wait 2.3.0. Please see the changelog in first page. The OOS vs IS combat problem can be reduced. Some cheaty process, invisible to the player, can be implemented.

@idont: thanks for the feedback. More stuff to fix!
Neat, that could work even better.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 9. Jan 18, 18:49

Jonzac wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:This auto-consumption shit is really stupid. In NPC docks, products are automatically consumed, and the consumption speed is always the same. So I'm gonna revert the change I did about maximum storage. NPC and Player docks will have the same values.

Besides, all Sanctuaries are going to make their own e-cells (1000 per minute), and the perk will triple this value.
Joubarbe,

It sounds like you are adding automatic e-cell production to Sanctuaries, however, I would recommend the Ankaris Crystal Free SSP script or your own that removes the crystal requirement for SSPs.

I have it installed (with no issues) and it is a perfect balance of eCell production and build requirements. One SSP isn't enough to run a 12 station sector, but that is when a perk for eCell production would be useful. I like the fact that I have to spend a station slot for production, I need to spend time and resources to build it and then I need to move it around. I personally think is a perfect "middle ground" that makes Mayhem perfect.

Just a thought
Me too, I feel adding EC production to Sanctuary is too cheezy. The perk is OK, since you have to pay for some conveniences.

The reason people don't want to build SPP is the overhead of 2.x Crystal Fab that would require at least 7 slots (8 if counting the Silicon mine) in order to build one SPP. But when mid game comes, most SPPs are taken down, or reside in hostile sectors, the need to EC become more pressing.

Anyway, whatever Joubarbe come up with is fine, but I believe no-Xtal SPP would be better.

maxblub
x3ap

Post by maxblub » Tue, 9. Jan 18, 20:09

If someone plans to start a new game should he wait till 2.3? Any timeline on expectation? :P

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 9. Jan 18, 20:11

3-4 weeks.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 14:54

Joubarbe wrote: I can say for sure that if I do a Mayhem 3, the jumpdrive will be removed from the game. This thing is not a good idea, especially with Mayhem, where it's all about conquering sectors. I imagine scouts and real defense; not some magic teleportation from anywhere. I'm saying this, because handling logistics without jumpdrive will sure be a challenge.
Instead of removing jump drives altogether, could I suggest an alternative? Make most sectors become connected via trans-orbital accelerators instead of jump gates. So for example, all the Argon territory around Argon Prime would be connected via trans-orbital accelerators. But there would be gates between Cloudbase Southwest and Emperor Mines, and between Three Worlds and Kingdom End, and between The Hole and Atreus's Clouds, just for example. So racial territory would be contiguous via trans-orbital accelerators, territory could be defended with chokepoints instead of just jumping past defenses, etc.

Personally, with such a change I would also enable all NPC freighters to use jump drive just like player UTs. They would still have to traverse sectors without gates, but transit times would be shortened somewhat for them.

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 15:38

I'm not sure the gates between races territories being jump capable would work with dynamic universe. What about something like this?
- Make JD a XL or ST ware size, so only large ships can use
- Place jump beacons through the universe. As time goes by, jump beacons get destroyed and placed in new places. Player shouldn't be able to place jump beacons.
- Block jumpdrive use if enemy unit is too close (15 km) and near gates
- Replace gates with TOA mechanic

I've played with all of the above on one mod in X3-R and it created really interesting situations.
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 16:59

Falcrack wrote:
Joubarbe wrote: I can say for sure that if I do a Mayhem 3, the jumpdrive will be removed from the game. This thing is not a good idea, especially with Mayhem, where it's all about conquering sectors. I imagine scouts and real defense; not some magic teleportation from anywhere. I'm saying this, because handling logistics without jumpdrive will sure be a challenge.
Instead of removing jump drives altogether, could I suggest an alternative? Make most sectors become connected via trans-orbital accelerators instead of jump gates. So for example, all the Argon territory around Argon Prime would be connected via trans-orbital accelerators. But there would be gates between Cloudbase Southwest and Emperor Mines, and between Three Worlds and Kingdom End, and between The Hole and Atreus's Clouds, just for example. So racial territory would be contiguous via trans-orbital accelerators, territory could be defended with chokepoints instead of just jumping past defenses, etc.

Personally, with such a change I would also enable all NPC freighters to use jump drive just like player UTs. They would still have to traverse sectors without gates, but transit times would be shortened somewhat for them.
I may be in the minority here, but I just want to have a reminder:

Even X-Rebirth had had to resurrect the Jump drive because of the player cry! I used to play an X3 mod titled "New Horizons" where jump gates are replaced by TOAs, and boy! defending your ass-ets :-) was a real pain in the derriere!!!!!

In my current gate, the jump drive is not fast enough for me to defend my 25 sector empire. I can't think of a slow cruise through the sector to get the hot spot to defend a Sanctuary.

I would hate it if the enemy races can jump in to attack anywhere they want, but I can't do the same to defend!!!!!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 17:33

Removing jumpdrives would not be possible in the current Mayhem universe. Many things would need to be modified, automatic spawning in first. Obviously, less ships, because you cannot defend all your sectors.

Do you teleport your units in a traditional RTS? Same thing. But I'm just talking about an idea here, not teasing. The teaser was the screenshot about the logistics :)

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 21:54

Joubarbe, any idea on the date for Version 2.3.0? I keep drooling over the change log, not starting a new game until 2.3.0 is out.
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 22:10

in previous page, he gave an estimate of the release date

imeddyeddy
x3ap

Post by imeddyeddy » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 03:55

S'me again, I think I really bricked my game this time. I did an E/I, and in the mess of E/I-ing multiple times to figure out the boarding pods issue, all race shipyards now don't seem to release invasions at all. They just build up credits, their "currently building" just says N/A, even after I've left it on 10x for an hour. Have I totally bricked my game, and is the only recovery method to just start a new game?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 08:34

Please provide a savegame.

imeddyeddy
x3ap

Post by imeddyeddy » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 08:53

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 14:35

Yep, something's wrong. Are you sure you used the latest EI module? Before exporting your empire I mean.

imeddyeddy
x3ap

Post by imeddyeddy » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 15:50

I believe so!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 16:15

Because there's something other players had missed in the past: they export their game, then download latest E/I, then import. By doing that, they're trying to import information they did not export. Hence the messed up game.

rlg85
x3tc

Post by rlg85 » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 19:09

RE: The jumpdrive question. I think a workable compromise would be to make ALL gates trans orbital accelerators. But allow jumping on friendly beacons.

You then make placement and defense of jump beacons part of infrastructure building, and it also becomes a bit of a "home field advantage" in that once you set up your jump beacons, you can jump in a defensive fleet against a border incursion, but can't jump on an enemy beacon and so can't simply jump into enemy territory.

Friendly traders can also utilize a friendly jump beacon network.

If possible, add AI raids on jump beacon infrastructure part of enemy strategy, possibly in preparation for a general assault.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 21:20

20 hours of Elite, it gets boring! Phew, at last...

It gives me an idea for Mayhem 3: you start in an M5 and you never get rich enough to buy an M4. You struggle to have a better social rank, but that goes nowhere and you make no friends at all. At day 3, OCV chase you and destroy all your assets, which consist of... well, nothing.

Oh, and your wife left you for a M3 pilot.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Fri, 12. Jan 18, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

maxblub
x3ap

Post by maxblub » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 22:09

Freedom for 2.3 now :lol:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”