Station Building in "Empty Space"

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Station Building in "Empty Space"

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 14:44

In Rebirth you could fly out of a zone into "empty space" and then set a beacon, after this you could build stations.

Once a station was built you could then name the new zone.

Will this still be available in X4 and will it get around buying a license?
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 17:21

From what I gathered so far from information released during the streams and Q&A, we will be able to place stations on any of the "building plots" but there will be a sort of leasing cost associated with where that placement is. In simple terms, the closer to claimed space it is, the more we'll have to pay that faction for the privilege to build there, but if we go out into "unclaimed space" we could build for free without "building plot" fees.

Haven't heard anything yet about being able to name our own zones though.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 18:02

I'm not quite sure that is exactly what the devs said or meant. See this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 20:41

I asked that very same question in the quoted thread and never received a reply. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Rice
x3tc

Re: Station Building in "Empty Space"

Post by Rice » Tue, 9. Jan 18, 10:53

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:In Rebirth you could fly out of a zone into "empty space" and then set a beacon, after this you could build stations.

Heh you never learn out even in X:Re, seems i need to tryout if i can rename my Empty spaces .
first i need some" spacebacon" :lol:
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 21:15

You don't even need to place a beacon; simply plop the station down in an 'empty space' buildspot. Once the first station module is built youcan then go to its details & name the sector from there
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X4: Foundations”