How to fully unpack X-rebirth with all DLC's

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

soundslikerust
x3ap

How to fully unpack X-rebirth with all DLC's

Post by soundslikerust » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 20:20

Is it possible to fully unpack X-rebirth with all DLC's to see final game structure after all DLCs and then patch it?

like this:

X-rebirth catalog Tool command for unpacking: (look at extensions\subst.cat folders order )

Code: Select all

XRCatToolGUI.exe c:\XR\01.cat c:\XR\02.cat c:\XR\03.cat c:\XR\04.cat c:\XR\05.cat c:\XR\06.cat c:\XR\07.cat c:\XR\08.cat c:\XR\09.cat c:\XR\extensions\ego_dlc_teladi_outpost\subst_01.cat c:\XR\extensions\ego_dlc_teladi_outpost\subst_02.cat c:\XR\extensions\ego_dlc_teladi_outpost\ext_01.cat c:\XR\extensions\ego_dlc_teladi_outpost\ext_02.cat c:\XR\extensions\ego_dlc_2\subst_01.cat c:\XR\extensions\ego_dlc_2\ext_01.cat c:\XR\extensions\ego_dlc_2\ext_02.cat 

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 20:37

there was a linux command line tool available somewhere on the Internet for applying patch files, but i havent used it for a while and i dont really remember where i found it. but for just the substitution files (subst_**.cat/dat) you already did it right. Altough i prefer to keep extracted files seperate for each source so its easier to understand what happens.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

soundslikerust
x3ap

Post by soundslikerust » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 20:49

I thought that x-rebirth catalog tool makes patches in alphabetical order so it would import ext files before subst files (it should be reverse?) regardless of command line and whats worst replace subst_01.cat from teladi outpost with subst_01.cat from dlc_2 so teladi outpost version wouldn't be imported - are you sure?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 20:56

there are two possibilities how this could be handled internally, and so far it was never relevant for me which one actually applies. It could either depend on the Order in which you provide the cat/dat files to the Tool, or the Internal Timestamp of each File (newest wins) - or maybe as you assume alphabetical Order, but i honestly doubt that...
Unlikely to be ever relevant (load order for Mods is handled diffrently by the Game via dependencies in the content.cml) so i didnt waste time on experimenting with that...
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

soundslikerust
x3ap

Post by soundslikerust » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 21:46

Ok so In Teladi Outpost DLC there are two Ext.cat files which are extensions and two subst.cat files which are substitutes? How do i properly extract teladi outpost DLC?
Ext.cat files to different folder and subst.cat files to different one?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 12. Jan 18, 02:43

No, that's not necessary. I'm still using the XRCatTool together with a short batch file to unpack all in one "unpacked" folder. Here an example to unpack everything of the ego_dlc_2:

Code: Select all

E:
cd "Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\X Rebirth\extensions\ego_dlc_2"
XRCatTool.exe -in ext_01.cat -in ext_02.cat -in subst_01.cat -out "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\X Rebirth\extensions\ego_dlc_2\HOL unpacked"
pause
However, I separate unpacked files of each dlc and the main game.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”