Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dnatabar
x4

Post by dnatabar » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 19:31

You are welcome, if you don't mind, reply here when you're done with downloading them all, then I can remove the links sooner instead of in 7 days as mentioned :)

And you too, have a merry Christmas :)

shudragon
x4

Post by shudragon » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 02:27

Hey guys, just wanted to throw a bug report out idk if it has ever been addressed, but IS mobile mining is much more efficient than OOS. By alot. Playing completely vanilla except LU and while I haven't compiled numbers, I sat for a long time with x10 SETA running a single TS miner OOS and barely got anything, whereas now that I am sitting IS both resource and rare minerals are dropping like crazy.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 12:31

Hello Litcube and team, it's been a while. I hope you are all OK.

First of all congratz on the project still attracting attention after all of this time. Just goes to show how worthwhile it was to do.

I saw the recent trailer for X4 and I got a bit nostalgic so came to the site and downloaded the mod files. Installation was easy and I've been playing steadily for the last 2 days. Once the initial rust dropped off :oops:

It's hard to believe that the Mods initial release was nearly four years ago in April 2014. After reading the wiki I can see all of the iterations it's gone through and how you have resisted some of the more, interesting suggestions for change!

I wish you all continued success in the future with all of your endeavours, whatever they may be.

Best wishes

Vayde
Still life in the old dog yet...

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 15:56

Vayde, we literally thought you were dead.

Literally.

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... ledgements

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 16:12

As obituaries go it's nice and short which is the best way imo.

Thank you for replying, it's good to know you're still out there.

Best wishes

Vayde.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Northernsilver
x3ap

Post by Northernsilver » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 21:24

Does Litcube's Universe interfere with the xbox 360 controller as mine doesn't work in game but it does in vanilla?

Installing a LCU GUI seems to kind of solve it, however its not 100%

ZerwasMOD
x3

Game Freezes after loading a save game or going through jump gates

Post by ZerwasMOD » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 14:30

Hi,
first of all I would like to express my appreciation for your work on this mod. Such great ideas, I really am excited.

Unfortunately I am having severe issues.

But first this is my set up:
- Freshly installed X3AP from Steam (English language)
- copied it to C:/X3AP
- installed the latest version from you wiki accroding the installation guide LU V1.7.2 from your Wiki
- latest Non-Steam Exe from Egosoft of Version 3.3 of X3AP
- X3LU Satellites Monitoring 1.8 from Joubarbe
- Playing on a MacBook Pro with a parralled installed (Bootcamp) WIN10
I was playing for several hours when suddenly after loading a savegame the game froze and the sound kept playing in a short infinite loop, after some seconds into the game. I had been docking at the same dock several times so all three savegames show the same behaviour. The behaviour is always the same.
Meanwhile only three Krestel are exploring the universe while I am stuck in my Kaiman Advanced freigther. :-(

I reinstalled the whole thing again try to run the savegames again, exact same error.
Then I started a new carreer and after may an hour into it, the game freezes when going through jump gates after entering the gate and right before being in the new sector, at some tries you could hear the same short sound loop again.

Before starting your mod I've been playing vanilla X3AP on this machine for about 100 hours without any issues.

I really hope there is a way to get things right, I really enjoy your mod.

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 14:45

Did you uncheck the bonus package addon that steam has auto enabled before u copied it. It's not compatible

I'm playing a game now, I also recommend The Joubarbian Toolkit mod if u get it working.
Last edited by Staja Bepon on Sat, 6. Jan 18, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

ZerwasMOD
x3

Post by ZerwasMOD » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 14:47

I was looking for that, but I don't find any setting in Steam that enables this.

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 15:03

when u pick on the game name in steam, on that front page in the box you will see DLC and it should have the bonus package checked, uncheck it, re verify game to be safe, then copy the whole directory over that includes TC. I bought a GoG version that doesn't have the bonus packages pre-installed. makes it easier for me. The game is worth re-buying 100 times over to support egosoft IMO. ;-)

Edit: I currently have 6 different modded versions of x3 AP. 6 different save games I go back and forth with. It's the best money I ever spent on a game, and nothing comes close to the amount of hours spent.
Last edited by Staja Bepon on Sat, 6. Jan 18, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

ZerwasMOD
x3

Post by ZerwasMOD » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 15:08

In my German Steam client there is no such check box. I can find the Bonus pack separately but I am not asked for the DLC when installing X3AP. Also the included 'software' like the dock manager is not contained in my vanilla steam download. So, verified that the Bonus pack is not installed. Thanks for checking.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 00:39

Why X3: Albion Prelude is (still) the best space simulator on PC By Rich Edmonds

https://www.windowscentral.com/looking- ... further-x3

Author of this article recommends Litcube's Universe :)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 16:44

Neat!

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 19:53

Wow, very nice, listening to Kingdom End song included in that article while reading it I suddenly have a strong urge to play X3 again.... Appreciate that they post the GOG link to the game too.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 20:29

memeics wrote:Wow, very nice, listening to Kingdom End song included in that article while reading it I suddenly have a strong urge to play X3 again.... Appreciate that they post the GOG link to the game too.
I'm still waiting to see your Mayhem playthrough, if you have the urge to play X3 again :D .

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 21:25

I vote yes for memeics doing mayhem

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 21:32

Me too.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 21:42

Wow, thanks everyone! I'll plan something, need to first learn how to even play Mayhem.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

mcal9909
x3tc

Post by mcal9909 » Tue, 9. Jan 18, 09:38

Me three! Still find myself referring to your LU play through when i cant figure something out.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”