Avorion -> The X3 with multiplayer?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LTerSlash
x4

Avorion -> The X3 with multiplayer?

Post by LTerSlash » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 00:17

So here im asking for multiplayer for years, and i come across this game called Avorion, and i inmidiately said to myselft "hang on, this looks like X3".

And yes, it has SO many elements taken from X3... others from Eve, and the ship building from Empyrion/Space Enginiers.

The Galaxy is huge and its procedurally generated, not sure if is as huge as Eve galaxy, but its huge.
It has station bulding, mobile mining, jump drives and N/W/E/S Jump GATES, and NPC traders.

It has combat and trading missions just like X3, as well as crew, and fleet management(you can use many ships at the same time just like X3). The command and control of distant ships is very very limited unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mIaQnXSCa0

I still cant shake this feeling of this is the X3 with multiplayer i always wanted, minus the block building.
Someone PM CBJ and tell him it can be done :P

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 00:38

Old Avarion topic with a quote from the dev homepage about the early history of Avarion.

Also:
LTerSlash wrote:Someone PM CBJ and tell him it can be done :P
He never said it was impossible. :P
CBJ's multiplayer FAQ wrote:Q. Why has there been no multi-player mode in an X-series game to date?
A. Ignore all technical arguments you see. Most of them have never been an issue, and some were only relevant years ago when the idea was first mooted.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Gosnell
x4

Post by Gosnell » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 14:44

Just bought it.Will try it out later.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 15:26

I'm having a pause in serious playing of Avorion just now because a number of fundamental game mechanics have just changed and/or are still changing (trading, economy and combat etc).

While I don't currently mind a bit of gameplay checking for test and bug reporting purposes to help the devs along, I'll wait for a more settled version before embarking on another long campaign.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 10. Jan 18, 18:19

Looks good, but it's 'early access'.

I don't buy early access games. There may be lots of good reasons to do it, but I buy gasmes to be entertained, not to be a play-tester.

Might give it a try next year
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 03:19

So, after a few days play now... we are sure this dev is not ex-Egosoft? Many, many things here are cleary inspired by X. There is way too much to be a mere coincidence.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 03:29

Alan Phipps wrote:I'm having a pause in serious playing of Avorion just now because a number of fundamental game mechanics have just changed and/or are still changing (trading, economy and combat etc).

While I don't currently mind a bit of gameplay checking for test and bug reporting purposes to help the devs along, I'll wait for a more settled version before embarking on another long campaign.
From what i read, next patch its going to be mostly combat oriented, and the big thing is giving orders to ships in other sectors.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 08:37

LTerSlash wrote:So, after a few days play now... we are sure this dev is not ex-Egosoft? Many, many things here are cleary inspired by X. There is way too much to be a mere coincidence.
Why would he need to be an Egosoft developer to copy them?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 11:12

LTerSlash wrote:So, after a few days play now... we are sure this dev is not ex-Egosoft? Many, many things here are cleary inspired by X. There is way too much to be a mere coincidence.
As quoted in the other topic I linked above, the dev of Avorion said the game is a combination of his two most favourite games: Minecraft and X.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “Off Topic English”