My wish

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nort The Fragrent
x4

My wish

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 21:21

I have seen your recent live feed about the new X4 game you intend to release. You mention the fact that we can now fly all the ships, and not just the one as in rebirth. Brilliant.

I played X3 reunion, several times, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Accumulating thousands of ships , stations and vast sums of wealth. All without firing a single shot. I got to the point where the pirates left me alone, as I was no threat to them. And I avoided their space. I did need system dedicated stations filled to the brim with fighters, so they were ready as needed to squash any attacks.
I then started the Rebirth game and found the graphics excellent, however flying only that barge was a real bore. And I spent more time wandering around stations trying to find a deal, and very little time out in space. ( Space! a space flying game ! )

I ended up just flying about, as trying to make money was so boring, ( walking inside stations ). I did manage over many days to fly through the broken planet, and it would have been so nice to have found something floating in there! I explored all areas, and again with cunning and caution even got into the misty lair of that lot of thugs.
Can your X4 game have as many ships we can fly as possible, and have an alternative way to make cash. As I do not wish to be wandering about inside stations for too long!
Also, can there be the abandoned ships for us to find in deep space as there was in X3 reunion, that I found to be most rewarding…

And please can there be one awesome ship stuck deep in uncharted space, not in the same place. So the cheats know where to go looking for it! ( a random location in your game ). This can be an extraordinary ship with no weapons, a true alien ship, that is just fabulous to fly around in. Just for the shire joy of flying in your extraordinary space environment. And for it to look just jaw dropingly spectacular. (shielded and immune to attack from all ) Please.

My favorite ship of them all. (Piranid Demeter minor), an outstanding freighter
The number and diversity of ships in X3Reunion, made the game worth playing.
The stations, and scenery in Rebirth, also very interesting and enjoyable.
Put the two together, and you will have a real winner.

And please please give us a spectacular ship to go hunting for, Let us know it’s out there somewhere! So we know there is a reward for spending hours traveling in empty space.

Just remembered! Can we have more control of our ship when docking, and lifting off. Make it more realistic.

A keen and egger pilot just waiting for X4.

Nort The Fragrent.

Riccardoman
x4

Re: My wish

Post by Riccardoman » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 22:35

Nort The Fragrent wrote: The number and diversity of ships in X3Reunion, made the game worth playing.
The stations, and scenery in Rebirth, also very interesting and enjoyable.
Put the two together, and you will have a real winner.
I'm so tempted to make a poll asking ego to import all XR models updated in X4......But maybe it isn't the right time
Nort The Fragrent wrote: Also, can there be the abandoned ships for us to find in deep space as there was in X3 reunion, that I found to be most rewarding…

And please can there be one awesome ship stuck deep in uncharted space, not in the same place. So the cheats know where to go looking for it! ( a random location in your game ). This can be an extraordinary ship with no weapons, a true alien ship, that is just fabulous to fly around in. Just for the shire joy of flying in your extraordinary space environment. And for it to look just jaw dropingly spectacular. (shielded and immune to attack from all ) Please.
A mechanic that if well implemented could be addicting to me
Hunting for new ships in deep space, abandoned or still active and/or hostile but boardable :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZMGKLjbDwo
Last edited by Riccardoman on Sat, 6. Jan 18, 00:00, edited 2 times in total.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: My wish

Post by euclid » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 23:23

Nort The Fragrent wrote: ......
And please please give us a spectacular ship to go hunting for, Let us know it’s out there somewhere!
The XPerimental Shuttle .... an customized version with rear turret(s) and XL cargo hold ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 00:45

Seriously, X8 - Teenage Years or whatever the name of it will be, suddenly Albion Skunk from 4000 years ago is "a spectacular ship to go hunting for".

Let old ships die.

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 01:04

Nobody said that the abandoned ship should be from previous games

Older assets but updated could be a big help to expand the universe in a shorter period of time, while working on something new that requires much more developement time

For example: X4 comes out -> 6 months after X rebirth DLC for X4 and discounted price for those who already owed XR -> then after a year a DLC with new contents that they worked on for a year -> ect

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 18:55

Right !
Seems the wrong end of the stick has been grasped.
The link showing Elite Dangerous alien ship, is not my wish.
I played Elite back in the early 80’s, and tried it more recently. It has evolved tremendously, but alas is so hard to do, and thus is not fun at all. In fact, the title Elite is very apt. This precludes us poor simple folk, as it is more driven for you to fail, than succeed. So what’s the point?
I wish to have fun, not get blasted all the time. I want to fly around in a spectacular colourful universe, where if you behave, you get rewarded. Not have the brutal get all the spoils, that’s just promoting thugs.
Yes it’s interesting to have risk, but why have an unbeatable opponent. Who unless you know the exact way to overcome them. you will never get any ware.
Like I said in my first post, I played X3Reunion without using a single shot. My ship had no weapons. And for the most part I was left alone to go about my travels. ( That’s my wish )

As for a hidden alien ship waiting to be found, yes please. However! Not a gun bristling annihilation ship.
A peaceful ship that has no need for guns, as it is so fast and is untouchable. That’s my wish.

The time and resources put into the avatar’s, is quite frankly a waist ! They are poor representations, and might as well be robots. These resources might be better spent on more spectacular ships, Stations, and visual space effects.
Trying to recreate a human like figure, is dull, we have plenty of those we see every day!
If you want to create something then use your imagination! Create interesting gadgets, gismos, Fascinating ships. Come on it’s an opportunity to go all out, and create beautiful creatures. Not disfigured ugly things, That is puerile, weak, and dull, the sort of thing a six year old might like!
I would say most of your players, are a bit older than six! Although some have a shoot em up mentality of a six year old.
There is a huge growing number of us soon to be retired, or indeed already retired. Who are fed up with shooting games. We wish for a more interesting and exploratory approach to our entertainment.
Don’t discount us, we have the cash. And want to play before its too late.
Hang on a moment as my galactic nurse recharges my bionic attachments. !
Nort

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 20:30

The Eilte alien ship was just an example about new discoveries
ED space feels empty (in a bad way) and uneventful, I will never bring that example ever again :wink:
Nort The Fragrent wrote:The time and resources put into the avatar’s, is quite frankly a waist ! They are poor representations, and might as well be robots. These resources might be better spent on more spectacular ships, Stations, and visual space effects.
Trying to recreate a human like figure, is dull, we have plenty of those we see every day!
If you want to create something then use your imagination! Create interesting gadgets, gismos, Fascinating ships. Come on it’s an opportunity to go all out, and create beautiful creatures. Not disfigured ugly things, That is puerile, weak, and dull, the sort of thing a six year old might like!
I would say most of your players, are a bit older than six! Although some have a shoot em up mentality of a six year old.
That is an interesting point and I agree on the first part, but I think NPCs and space traffic was a big step up in the right direction to give us the impression that the universe is really alive, the fact that in XR they were poorly implemented is another topic entirely
FIGHT, BUILD, TRADE, THINK and EXPLORE(only cited in X4) are the motto of the X series....I agree about going all out on making loads of contents and models.... but at first I think they should focus on the base structure of the game and make it fully fledged
If the game will be only on exploration without fighting, or trading, or building, it wouldn't be an X game anymore, don't you think?

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 23:55

Indeed, give us the universe and a ship. And gate’s to get about with. Then as time progresses, introduce the other elements. Least we can fly.
Space traffic, was good and added dimensional interest around the stations.
Let the x universe evolve, if you want an old Taladi space station, then why not! The architecture is there, why not use it! It can be the spawning point of a much larger station over time.
Don’t get me wrong, the x game is good, as you can play is as you like. And it changes to the way you play, that is I think brilliant. They just need to remove the tunnels, let us find things for ourselves. And more ships, less walking around for hours, and fun. Be it fighting if that is your flavor, or as in my case exploring and trading.
Nort

Return to “X4: Foundations”