What is the fastest...........

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Leoten

What is the fastest...........

Post by Leoten » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 01:39

What is the fastest Argon fighter? I have to go thru Xenon space, only 1 sector , I have to get thru that 1 sector. :?:

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 02:32

I do it just fine in a Kestral. You could add a Turbo 1 to that but the Kestral is fine at 605 speed.
Last edited by Bill Huntington on Thu, 4. Jan 18, 06:57, edited 1 time in total.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 02:46

The fastest Argon Fighter is the Discoverer Raider. But as above the Teladi Kestrel is the fastest purchaseable ship.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

jlehtone
x4

Re: What is the fastest...........

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 20:57

Leoten wrote:What is the fastest Argon fighter? I have to go thru Xenon space, only 1 sector , I have to get thru that 1 sector. :?:
Please, be more specific.

1. Which game? Options have changed over time.

2. What is more important, going through a Xenon sector, or reaching the friendly sector behind the Xenon? Which sectors are we talking, exactly? Almost every "red route" co-exists with a "safe route".

3. Why Argon? Why fighter?

4. What if the fastest ship is on sale beyond that Xenon sector?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Leoten

Post by Leoten » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 10:30

Ok here it is I'm a humble merchant with only 2 mill creds to my name. I found a way to make alot more selling Nividium. But it's on the other side of Xenon space. I can mine the Nividium and then sell it. The problem is it's in CEO's Wellspring and I'm in Black Hole Sun space. I have the vanilla X3 Albion Prelude so it hasn't changed.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 11:30

Leoten wrote:Ok here it is I'm a humble merchant with only 2 mill creds to my name. I found a way to make alot more selling Nividium. But it's on the other side of Xenon space. I can mine the Nividium and then sell it. The problem is it's in CEO's Wellspring and I'm in Black Hole Sun space. I have the vanilla X3 Albion Prelude so it hasn't changed.
There's a passage to that part of the universe by going East from Family Whi
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 12:00

@Leoten: the shortest path isn't always the best path - especially in the Xs. ;) The journey can trump the destination, I find...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 15:24

You might consider to invest ~500k cr. in a JumpDrive. Makes evading the Xenon and mining Nividium a lot easier ;)

Leoten

Post by Leoten » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 18:07

Ok now I'm stuck at Tkr's Deprivation. I can't find the east gate to Ghinn's Escape. It must not exist or is so far away that it doesn't show on the map.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 20:38

Location of East Gate in Tkr's Deprivation to Ghinn's Escape:
Spoiler
Show
50,3 km
22,5 km
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 21:43

The map shows only the objects that have been within your ship's scanners. https://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq ... &version=9
You can see the Gate from far longer distance.

Tkr's Deprivation is rather large. IIRC, X3AP has some "drawing distance" setting for graphics (if there is, I've turned it to maximum), but even with that the other edge of that sector is too far. Or perhaps it is not, but there are some Asteroids/Mines occluding part of the view.

Have you heard of the XY Problem? http://xyproblem.info/
Asking for a fast fighter when you actually want Nividium sounds like one.

If you don't know how to get to CEO's Wellspring, how do you know that the sector exists? If you do know the place, should you not get there a ship that can mine. Fighers do not mine/haul Minerals.

Are you going there to sell, or to blow up map Asteroid (and then collect)?
If to collect, have you heard that some sectors in "safe areas" have collectible Nividium rocks, even though they don't have Nividium Asteroids?

Bill did just mention some: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=397838
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 23:37

I would guess he's been finding it and managed to make the journey once in his trader, but now is stuck on the far side of the gate. Not an impossible situation. I've been in it before. If that's the case, then a Jumpdrive is a much cheaper answer. It's less than 100k, and will let you avoid the Xenon entirely. Unless you're purposely avoiding those, which is fair enough.

I suggest getting a raider of some variant, because they have built-in triplex scanners. That'll let you find things like the gate.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Leoten

Post by Leoten » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 00:02

I haven't been to the sector where Nividium is mined. I have to get there first. But I'll Bill's advice and go to KE.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 08:06

I would like to suggest an alternative approach to consider: explore, and take the time to savour the universe. ;) An Internet-resource-looking-up-based "goal oriented" approach can be quite detrimental to the long-term enjoyment of the X-perience, in my personal opinion (but maybe that's just me! :P I'm all about the journey, not the destination - how weird, huh?) Once you have left behind those wonderful early days of feeling lost and full of wonder in the vastness of the X-universe, with something new beyond every gate, with problems and challenges to puzzle out all over, it's almost impossible to recapture that feeling. I don't ever use an external map, but sadly I now already know the universe's layout like the back of my cliched hand - and I wish I could forget, so that I could re-experience that thrilling sense of finding new stuff at every turn...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”