NEWS: X4 Foundations - LIVE on Twitch 13 Dec 2017, 8pm CET, 7pm UK, 2pm EST, 11am PST

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spacecoyote99
x4

Post by spacecoyote99 » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 13:39

I don't know if it's possible to change this, but on the Youtube upload it now shows Star Citizen as the displayed game.

See: https://i.imgur.com/mDVEoN4.png

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 14:14

That's just an unfiortunate coincidence of YouTube's sponsored advertising, and not with any direct linkage to Egosoft's products or submissions. You never know, there may even be an Egosoft icon on the Start Citizen vids. Hopefully players may get to enjoy both games in the future. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 17:38

This is little bit of topic but I'm surprised how Ego did complete turn when it comes to community. It is somewhat strange and awkward :wink: I guess they wore paying attention to our critics.....

1)They are more open about their products (unlike before).

2) They actually talk to community more and answer questions (thanks CBJ).

3) They re showing us videos of X4 :shock: (we got 1 video of XR in 3 years).

4) They give us to pilot all ships including capitals (even is someone don't like it) ;)

5) Finally RTS map UI ( I'm sure bigbangtheory is happy after asking for ages).

6) All thought im not happy about Split and Boron I respect this honesty about it.

Anyway Marry Christmas and keep up a good work Egosoft :D
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 14:56

I'm very happy that Egosoft are including the community in the development of X4. I know they want to make something exciting and unique, but they have to make a game for the audience that they are marketing to. Rebirth may have sold the most preoders than any X game but in my opinion Rebirth was a monumental failure. So I am pleased that Ego soft are including us in the development this time and listening to our feedback to make X4 the best it can be on release date.

jasonaerts
x4

I tried to resist

Post by jasonaerts » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 15:01

But... after watching all the available content for X4 im pretty excited.
"Reality is just that part of the imagination we all agree on"

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 19:20

DaMuncha wrote:I'm very happy that Egosoft are including the community in the development of X4. I know they want to make something exciting and unique, but they have to make a game for the audience that they are marketing to. Rebirth may have sold the most preoders than any X game but in my opinion Rebirth was a monumental failure. So I am pleased that Ego soft are including us in the development this time and listening to our feedback to make X4 the best it can be on release date.
The reason X:R sold so many preorders was that the forums were filled with so much excitement (much generated by ES telling us how it was going to be TNBG (The Next Big Thing) that we were whipped to a frenzy of anticipation).

And subsequently so let down it was clinically depressing.

X4 seems to be better, but if you go back to the old pre-XR forum you'll see you shouldn't get too carried away. Not until they release a demo or alpha and we can see how much like X3+ and not XR+ it is.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 22:32

I think it's definitely different.

In the run up to XR I mostly remember fairly vague statements like "ship is customisable", "captains follow your orders", "capital ships are fewer but more modular", etc, and videos about gamepad support.

But for X4, we see good news from in-engine footage: fly every ship. Free placement and upgrading of stations. Equipment swapping with graphical editor. Pseudo-gates instead of superhighways. Fewer highways and more undeveloped space. Travel speed and boost. Carriers. Rad new map with many RTS influences.

Yeah, any of this could somehow be removed later on, but I doubt it.

Return to “X4: Foundations”