When does this take place?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SacremPyrobolum
xr

When does this take place?

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 11:44

When is this game supposed to take place? Are the gates still down? Is Rebirth going to be retconned?

I hope so, because my favorite faction is the Terrans (best ships, best design, best lore, best race) and if I don't get to make a pilgrimage to Earth I'll get pissy.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 11:48

- Most of gates still down
- Rebirth region not connected (maybe future DLC?)
- no Terrans nor Sol (maybe DLC?)

SacremPyrobolum
xr

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 12:09

mr.WHO wrote: - no Terrans nor Sol (maybe DLC?)
Well thats a pile of shit. Terrans were one of the only ones with ships that didn't look like literal piles of floating garbage, and I doubt the Paranids are going to make it in (not that I'd fly filthy alien ships anyways). Were the most interesting faction by far as well.

I guess I can only hope that if they are implemented as a DLC they'll be more fleshed out as a result.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 13:33

SacremPyrobolum wrote: Well thats a pile of shit.
There's no need for that kind of language, thank you.
SacremPyrobolum wrote: I doubt the Paranids are going to make it in (not that I'd fly filthy alien ships anyways). Were the most interesting faction by far as well.
Paranid can be seen in the Live Streams, and are mentioned in the Q&As so I don't see a reason to be pessimistic about their chance of being in X4:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=396292

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 15:13

But why no Terrans?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 15:37

Aparently people cry more about Borons :P

I'd love to see Sol with X4 style of map/universe.

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 16:33

I'm sure that if Egosoft called this game X4 there is a valid reason, and I'm certain that if buyers will stop being whiny pile of garbage (cit.) and buy the game to support the developers, X4 will be a huge game if not bigger in content than X3

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 19:05

Let's have no more personal comments about other types of posters thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 19:30

No terrans, no borons, no split(only npc).

Unbekanntes Feindschiff
x4

Post by Unbekanntes Feindschiff » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 19:57

KrYcHokE wrote:no split
I see this being brought up frequently, yet as far as I know there hasn't been any statement saying that the Split won't be in. From what I heared the only races that are stated to be propably not in the game are the Borons and the Terrans. Nothing said about no Split. While only Argon, Teladi and Paranid ships were shown on stream so far, EGOSOFT has plenty of time to model some Split ships and station modules since we propably aren't even remotely close ro release. EGOSOFT after all knows pretty well the outrage they'd produce in parts of their fanbase by cutting half of the main races.
HGN

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 20:13

Unbekanntes Feindschiff wrote:
KrYcHokE wrote:no split
I see this being brought up frequently, yet as far as I know there hasn't been any statement saying that the Split won't be in. From what I heared the only races that are stated to be propably not in the game are the Borons and the Terrans. Nothing said about no Split. While only Argon, Teladi and Paranid ships were shown on stream so far, EGOSOFT has plenty of time to model some Split ships and station modules since we propably aren't even remotely close ro release. EGOSOFT after all knows pretty well the outrage they'd produce in parts of their fanbase by cutting half of the main races.
It is said to be released next year so I doubt they are still adding content, they are likely at optimization at this stage.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 20:19

Official:
linolafett wrote:Cheers, thanks. Seems that i have missed that bit.

EDIT: Asked what the split business is about.
We are probably going to have some split characters in the game. However, there is no Split station-/ship- and weapon set planned for release.
linolafett wrote:Just not enough manpower to create them in time, sorry.
Personally i think getting those in at a later stage after we finished the base game is maybe (!) possible. (doesnt mean that this is going to happen, it is just my opinion)
I would love to add the missing races with all their ships and staions/economies into the game. boron love.

EDIT:

Has anybody noticed a glaring omission. The Split

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 23:43

Yup - Split as NPC walking on the stations, even as game start, but no Split-origin ships or station.

IMO that's OK - I felt sorry for how insulting was Split and (Can)Terran implementation in X-Rebirth.
The HoL DLC was also, despite all it's nice feature, felt (ship wise) very underbaked.

If they make good X4 and then add PROPER Terran/Boron/Split DLC (with full system/shipset/station/cokpit/NPC) then I'll gladly buy it.

Of course someone could complain that these "Should be in the base game blah blah blah".
However considering the level of details of X4 (diffrent universe shape/machanics and ship mechanics like interiors) having Argon, Teladi and Paranind in base X4 seems already a very ambitious project.
The proof of this is that almost none of X-Rebirth models seems to be reused in X4 so far!

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 01:47

mr.WHO wrote:The proof of this is that almost none of X-Rebirth models seems to be reused in X4 so far!
I hope sometime in the future they will implement X Rebirth models in X4, because it would be a pity that only few people will see the beautiful architecture and modeling present in XR just because they don't like XR as a game

Since X2 Egosoft made the most stunning space sims ever made imo (and EVE online :P )

Return to “X4: Foundations”