4.30 bug: No control over the Skunk if Novadrone explodes too fast (close to target)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

4.30 bug: No control over the Skunk if Novadrone explodes too fast (close to target)

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 10:31

Hi!
I have a new issue in 4.30 where if I fire the Novadrone too close to the target, and missile explodes before drone control HUD appears, I have no control over the ship. X Rebirth locks the controls over the Skunk until drone control HUD is displayed, but I never regain the control in the above case.

Workaround is to enter another drone (Beholder/Assasin/Trojan) and then exit it normally.

I firstly experienced it in my modded game, and then disabled all the mods and reproduced it without any mods.

This is really annoying especially if you are capturing ship and lose control in the middle of destroying ship subsystems where all ship defenses fire on you.

Note: maybe the better forum for this could be X:Rebirth Technical Support

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 11:26

I'm afraid that is an older (4.10) and quite well-known issue. At least the devs are aware of it. Also reported here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 12:11

Alan Phipps wrote:I'm afraid that is an older (4.10) and quite well-known issue. At least the devs are aware of it. Also reported here.
Thanks, and the workaround for entering back of Skunk is faster than alternatives..
I played mostly until the time 4.10 went out and then stopped playing, that's why I thought it was 4.30 issue.

Honimoura

Post by Honimoura » Tue, 16. Jan 18, 12:39

Hi.
Take one drone with u.
When u'r locked, take u'r drone and come back in skunk.
Sorry for my english.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”