[MOD] Explore and Salvage v1.0 (4.0 Update)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 13:29

Romz wrote:Hello! What are the chances that this mod will be adapted to patch 4.30?
Not very high. Adapting itself wouldn't be a problem, simply deactivating the exploration part should fix the biggest problem. Salvagers and salvage drones should still work (after a little update) to salavage npc ship wrecks, but sadly the game engine has been changed in a way that basicly killed my approach of spawning ship wreck fields duo to insane performance issues that i wasn't able to track down at all.

I have 2 weeks off now, so i might just take a look after the holidays and try again. Worst case i'll just disable the exploration part for good and then it's only gonna be a salvage mod.

Romz
x4

Post by Romz » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 20:11

For exploration we have Exploration Software. So here let it be only Salvaging

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 27. Dec 17, 16:04

Romz wrote:For exploration we have Exploration Software. So here let it be only Salvaging
Exploration Software does something entirely different. ^^ The exploration part in this mod used to be able to spawn lots of wreckage fields with loot for the player to find, enemies to fight and lots of wrecks to salvage. It was rather the bigger part of the mod.

Hm, most things are fixed by now except the exploration part, gonna have to disable it. I'm currently concidering to add, that drones also loot wares in space.

I'll see how much time i have the next couple days and update it when it's all done.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”