Universe Editor Tools for X4

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nikola515
x4

Universe Editor Tools for X4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 18:31

I been playing XR for some time and I have over 1500h on it so far. Game it self was ok but it always seemed empty and never changing. I'm not trying to bash XR but without mods I would get bored fast. Anyway finally someone made cheat mod that that I found interesting. Personally I don't like to cheat but there was option to add stations to zone ("Simoom's Lantern" - Ultimate Cheat Menu). I asked Simoon if he could add ability to turn those stations ownership to NPC's and he did it(thanks a lot ). So this is where my fun started and where I truly started enjoying XR.

First i started wiht DV and i populated it wiht stations and give them to NPC. Finally I was able to rebuild DV something that I never could have done in game it self. Even though this should have been in game because it was part of plot. Than I started rebuilding Split economy and went to Cold Star after that rebuild theirs....

This mod probably added 1000h of gameplay and experimenting with sectors and economies. Who know that simple thing like this would be so much fun ;)

Anyway I just want to see what people think about having something like this in X4. Map editor or creator where we can create our own universe from the scratch or edit existing one. Also be able to create our own missions and scenarios..... Im sure people would try to use it as a cheat but if people want to cheat they will find other ways of doing it ;)
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 22:49

In Rebirth, the NPC's don't build new stations so it's a pretty static universe.

But in X4, the AI builds new stations based on the economy and expands existing ones with new modules.
This was already explained earlier.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 01:05

That is true but I was thing more like creating your own universe..... You can place faction where you want. You can give them stations and decide who are they at war from the start. You can add sectors,highways,asteroids,stations,gates..... For example you can make scenario where Xenon took over whole Argon Prime or whole Argon territory and you need co clear it so Argon faction can start rebuilding.....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 01:18

*sigh* this is a single player game and hence there are no cheats(fullstop).

It's been always like that: Ego provides a solid game basis, modders support and dedicated players add mods. It up to the individual player to chose whatever a single player thinks to be his "poison".

So. the only one to "cheat" is yourself :p

Pick whatever you like, chose a goal to achieve and get rocking ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 23:01

euclid wrote:*sigh* this is a single player game and hence there are no cheats(fullstop).

It's been always like that: Ego provides a solid game basis, modders support and dedicated players add mods. It up to the individual player to chose whatever a single player thinks to be his "poison".

So. the only one to "cheat" is yourself :p

Pick whatever you like, chose a goal to achieve and get rocking ;-)

Cheers Euclid

I think he means a set of tools to create his own sectors so rather than Egosoft having to pour months into making a massive universe to please those that think that Rebirth was too small, people can create their own Systems and connect them to the current vanilla ones.

There are several mods that add new systems but probably weren't an easy feat for those Mod makers to accomplish?
If Egosoft made it easier for them to accomplish their goals, modding would take off on this field; but of course there is so many other different avenues of modding and i'm sure they are asking for similar help?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 17:17

Thank you. That is exactly what I wanted to say :)

I think it would be interesting idea especially if we could share those maps trough steam workshop. For example someone can recreate same universe like what we had in X3. We could place our own moons,planets,gas giants anywhere we want. I'm sure eventually modders would make X3 remake with X4 engine ;)

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 17:36

It would be nice (in general) if Egosoft could solve their licencing problems with their tools.
At least this was their excuse in XR for not publishing any.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 20:57

Sometimes, I think Egosoft deliberately withholds tools as a part of the challenge for modders.

Still, if they can point us in the right direction, there will likely be programmer modders out there, who accept the challenge and perform miracles coming up with the necessary bits and pieces so us more lowly modders can do our thing. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”