EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Universe Editor Tools for X4
View previous topic :: View next topic
Nikola515

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 21. Dec 17, 19:31    Post subject: Universe Editor Tools for X4 Reply with quote Print

I been playing XR for some time and I have over 1500h on it so far. Game it self was ok but it always seemed empty and never changing. I'm not trying to bash XR but without mods I would get bored fast. Anyway finally someone made cheat mod that that I found interesting. Personally I don't like to cheat but there was option to add stations to zone ("Simoom's Lantern" - Ultimate Cheat Menu). I asked Simoon if he could add ability to turn those stations ownership to NPC's and he did it(thanks a lot ). So this is where my fun started and where I truly started enjoying XR.

First i started wiht DV and i populated it wiht stations and give them to NPC. Finally I was able to rebuild DV something that I never could have done in game it self. Even though this should have been in game because it was part of plot. Than I started rebuilding Split economy and went to Cold Star after that rebuild theirs....

This mod probably added 1000h of gameplay and experimenting with sectors and economies. Who know that simple thing like this would be so much fun Wink

Anyway I just want to see what people think about having something like this in X4. Map editor or creator where we can create our own universe from the scratch or edit existing one. Also be able to create our own missions and scenarios..... Im sure people would try to use it as a cheat but if people want to cheat they will find other ways of doing it Wink

PowerPC603

PostPosted: Thu, 21. Dec 17, 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

In Rebirth, the NPC's don't build new stations so it's a pretty static universe.

But in X4, the AI builds new stations based on the economy and expands existing ones with new modules.
This was already explained earlier.

Nikola515

PostPosted: Fri, 22. Dec 17, 02:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

That is true but I was thing more like creating your own universe..... You can place faction where you want. You can give them stations and decide who are they at war from the start. You can add sectors,highways,asteroids,stations,gates..... For example you can make scenario where Xenon took over whole Argon Prime or whole Argon territory and you need co clear it so Argon faction can start rebuilding.....

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

PostPosted: Fri, 22. Dec 17, 02:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

*sigh* this is a single player game and hence there are no cheats(fullstop).

It's been always like that: Ego provides a solid game basis, modders support and dedicated players add mods. It up to the individual player to chose whatever a single player thinks to be his "poison".

So. the only one to "cheat" is yourself Razz

Pick whatever you like, chose a goal to achieve and get rocking Wink

Cheers Euclid

"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.” - Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786
spankahontis

PostPosted: Sat, 23. Dec 17, 00:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

euclid wrote:
*sigh* this is a single player game and hence there are no cheats(fullstop).

It's been always like that: Ego provides a solid game basis, modders support and dedicated players add mods. It up to the individual player to chose whatever a single player thinks to be his "poison".

So. the only one to "cheat" is yourself Razz

Pick whatever you like, chose a goal to achieve and get rocking Wink

Cheers Euclid

I think he means a set of tools to create his own sectors so rather than Egosoft having to pour months into making a massive universe to please those that think that Rebirth was too small, people can create their own Systems and connect them to the current vanilla ones.

There are several mods that add new systems but probably weren't an easy feat for those Mod makers to accomplish?
If Egosoft made it easier for them to accomplish their goals, modding would take off on this field; but of course there is so many other different avenues of modding and i'm sure they are asking for similar help?

Nikola515

PostPosted: Mon, 25. Dec 17, 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thank you. That is exactly what I wanted to say Smile

I think it would be interesting idea especially if we could share those maps trough steam workshop. For example someone can recreate same universe like what we had in X3. We could place our own moons,planets,gas giants anywhere we want. I'm sure eventually modders would make X3 remake with X4 engine Wink

Tamina

PostPosted: Mon, 25. Dec 17, 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It would be nice (in general) if Egosoft could solve their licencing problems with their tools.
At least this was their excuse in XR for not publishing any.

l、゙ ~ヽ   /
 じしf_, )ノ
This is Tamina. Copy Tamina to your signature to help her achieve world domination.
Observe

PostPosted: Tue, 26. Dec 17, 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sometimes, I think Egosoft deliberately withholds tools as a part of the challenge for modders.

Still, if they can point us in the right direction, there will likely be programmer modders out there, who accept the challenge and perform miracles coming up with the necessary bits and pieces so us more lowly modders can do our thing. Smile