Script & Mod Requests

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alexalsp

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 14:13

Thank you MM.

Unfortunately, for writing scripts, I do not have extensive knowledge, like you. For me, this creaking, a great victory.

I suggested that
Marvin Martian wrote:EDIT
for example

Code: Select all

<replace sel="//connection[@ref='connection_engine01']/macro/@ref">engine_size_XL_41</replace>
the author do this two weeks ago, but the change will take a long time. If, I have free time, I will help him with this.

This is his first mod. :)
Marvin Martian wrote:best is to start a new game for this reason[/code]
As one of the options. But as you know, everyone likes to continue the game. :) :roll:

alexalsp

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 14. Jan 18, 05:08

OK. One more question.

How to remove from the ship seller's station using the script?

Big and small ships.

Thank you.

Tycho Celchu

Post by Tycho Celchu » Wed, 28. Mar 18, 18:42

An option to tell your engineers, what components to repair, or give them repair priorities would be nice. The only one I found is Improved Engineer https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods ... escription
but it wasn't updated since 2013 and was reported broken by users.

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Sat, 19. May 18, 23:08

Is it possible to make Capital Ships shoot those moving mines? They simply devestate captals and they don't stand a chance.

alexalsp

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 20. May 18, 09:18

Luke0086 wrote:Is it possible to make Capital Ships shoot those moving mines? They simply devestate captals and they don't stand a chance.
There is a mod that removes mines.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1udxrLk ... sp=sharing

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... /374543671

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =374543671

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Sun, 20. May 18, 14:37

The mines are cool, but there's just no defence against them.

alexalsp

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 20. May 18, 15:40

Mod removes mines from the zones. This should remove in any game.
This is an easy way to get rid of mines.

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Sun, 20. May 18, 16:52

Yes, I understand.

The mines are cool though, and it would be more fun if the mines were NOT removed, but also if there was countermeasures to it like capital ships able to try to target them, instead of capital ships just flying through and dying without trying to defend itself.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

Post by euclid » Sun, 20. May 18, 18:21

It is possible to script an EMP that triggers automatically. There are, however, several issues:
  • 1# Should all cap ships have that or only player-owned?
    2# What should be the adequate EMP radius?
    3# Should there be a cool down or any other ...
    4# ... penalty, for example shield drain?
    5# Should the EMP only destroy mines or also missiles?
Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Sun, 20. May 18, 20:04

Does that response mean it's not possible to get Hit/MA turrents to target mines?

I think it would be awesome if mines were heading to a capship, and it was trying to defend itself from those mines with it's turrets

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 20. May 18, 20:41

î am pretty sure it is possible, the question is how effective this is (probably depends on the Ship), and if someone invests the time to make this..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

SirDeathwalker

Post by SirDeathwalker » Mon, 21. May 18, 19:23

So, you're looking for the weapons to fire in point defense mode.

Possibly create a turret command for "mine sweeper" mode.

or "fire on all hostile objects" (though, that could cause you trouble if left in that mode)

tatakau

Post by tatakau » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 01:00

Is there a mod that can remove the range check from SETA?

Currently, if there is ANY object closer than around 530 meters, SETA is disabled. If you are using SETA and a ship or drone flies within 530 meters of you, SETA turns itself off. If you are an in dense asteroid field and trying to use SETA, you can't.

This is really annoying, especially if you have ships in your squad. Feels like something a mod might be able to fix, if the variable is easily accessible enough. Big if though.

Night91

Post by Night91 » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 12:52

Hi guys,

I have noticed something really annoying : big ships won't orient themselves along the Y axis.

This is annoying because in order to have fast miners, your station must be in a zone without the aimed resources so you can attribute your station big miners that will fly in fast mode to the zones having aimed resources. And when you play the campaign, to gather ions and plasma safely in Devries, Bleax Peable is the sector you want, however the nearest empty space zone devoid of any resources is upwards... see where i'm going with it ? If you do build your station like say 150km above regular Y level, you big ships will make more than 25mn to travel from the resources to you station... All of this because of this nonsense lacking ability to fully to face "upwards" or "downwards"...

I know that modding allows to correct it as this is a modification seen on the Sucellus in MICT. But in order correct it, does it mean you have to do the same thing on every L/XL ships ? Or is there a more global place where we could achieve it ? (or even a mod that already correct this stuff)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”