PHQ = Mothership

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skeeter
x3

PHQ = Mothership

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 06:34

Does the PH have to be stationary. Couldnt it be instead like a mothership class like say ones in Homeworld, so its movable albiet slow, have research modules, jumpdrive ability,shipbuilding bays etc, not modular but integrated design so it looks cool. Just seems to me a real shame you want to have a HQ but be limited by buikding once in one area and if u change ur mind and want to setup shop in a new area you cant move it there.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 08:25

It would be to easy to ask this question at a thread already dealing with the topic...? :roll:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=397743

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 08:26

Good idea, but i think what makes more sense here would be that the station could be rebuld into being mobile, which would require it to offline all its modules, but in return gets the ability to slowly fly. No jumodrive tho. Makeing it a slow flying target that needs to be protected by other ships while it's moving makes more sense gameplay-wise.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 08:47

Lc4Hunter wrote:It would be to easy to ask this question at a thread already dealing with the topic...? :roll:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=397743
I didnt class that topic as similar. Im on about using a mothership instead of a phq so something can move about while letting u research,build,store your fleet in etc, not talk about wrecks and stuff. So mainly about motherships.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 17:16

Sounds cool, but it wouldn't be super-big as it wouldn't fit through jumpgate.
So would have to have limits.

But mobile factories is something I've talked about on here for a while now, since I saw a Nexus Modder try to do it for Rebirth, don't know how it worked out though?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 09:08

Why choose to be limited to just one of the two.

I think it would be nice to have a PHQ to which your Mothership links. So your player HQ has a mobile command section containing a limited amount of abilities compared to the fully blow PHQ.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 22:07

I hope the HQ's location will be at least chooseable between the 3 major factions. I'd hate it to be within a faction's territory (likely Argon) on whom I would like to stage a war against.

Arvel
x4

Post by Arvel » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 09:43

As I understand it, the two features of the PHQ that set it apart from your other stations are the research facilities and the teleporter. You'll be able to construct shipyards anywhere you can build a station, if I remember right.

I'm okay with being able to relocate the PHQ, so long as the process isn't too easy or cheap: Perhaps you have to deconstruct it and use transport ships to move all the pieces to the new site and rebuild it, or perhaps something like iforgotmysocks' idea where the HQ station gets mothballed and then lumbers slowly to the new location. Both ideas would require time and some money. The HQ just being a big ship seems too mobile for my tastes though, and no longer feels like you're trying to stake a claim on territory.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 10:47

Arvel wrote:As I understand it, the two features of the PHQ that set it apart from your other stations are the research facilities and the teleporter. You'll be able to construct shipyards anywhere you can build a station, if I remember right.

I'm okay with being able to relocate the PHQ, so long as the process isn't too easy or cheap: Perhaps you have to deconstruct it and use transport ships to move all the pieces to the new site and rebuild it, or perhaps something like iforgotmysocks' idea where the HQ station gets mothballed and then lumbers slowly to the new location. Both ideas would require time and some money. The HQ just being a big ship seems too mobile for my tastes though, and no longer feels like you're trying to stake a claim on territory.
Of course you can build anywhere as in previous games. My whole concern is towards the 2 unique facilities you mentioned. Since as far as we know those 2 can be only built on the HQ in which case a static place would be detrimental.

Thrake
x3ap

Post by Thrake » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 15:14

csaba wrote:
Arvel wrote:As I understand it, the two features of the PHQ that set it apart from your other stations are the research facilities and the teleporter. You'll be able to construct shipyards anywhere you can build a station, if I remember right.

Of course you can build anywhere as in previous games. My whole concern is towards the 2 unique facilities you mentioned. Since as far as we know those 2 can be only built on the HQ in which case a static place would be detrimental.
Assuming you can manage research from afar, you can pretty much consider that a M1 is your mothership. This concept lacks customization but on the other hand, X4 should feature customizable ships from what I've gathered...

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 16:12

Thrake wrote:
csaba wrote:

Assuming you can manage research from afar, you can pretty much consider that a M1 is your mothership. This concept lacks customization but on the other hand, X4 should feature customizable ships from what I've gathered...
Issue is I don't want permanent real estate in a place I don't like. If I can choose it's location I care not whether it can fly, research, brood Porgs or not.

Return to “X4: Foundations”