Lino, how about some X4 graphic specials?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lc4Hunter
x4

Post by Lc4Hunter » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 08:14

Killjaeden wrote:
Lc4Hunter wrote:
Killjaeden wrote: Scale on X3 cap ships is arbitrary - there is no defining size feature other than window texture - which can easily be changed to be larger/smaller (to certain degree), and window size doesnt dictate scale (can have airplane sized windows, or full roomscale windows)
Sorry but this is not correct. Every (!) model (ship station, planet, ...) in X3 has a specific size. If you import the models into Max you have the correct scaling between them - thats everything else then arbitrary...
They have a scale, but its all relative. They are arbitrary in relation to a human. You can easily scale up or down the titan by 1.5x and you'd still have a valid ship model. In contrast, try that with a car, jet fighter (or X4 nova with cockpit) and youd be looking at something that just looks silly. Doors to large/small, ladders, etc. Nothing would fit. X3 capital ships have no size defining feature, other than possible internal hangars that need to be in relation to what docks there and window textures (which can be easily up or downscaled and are rather 'soft' in nature).
You could double size of X2 titan and just rescale window texture to be 2 rows on the bridge... easy.
No, it´s not relative... i know there is an uncertainty of about 10% but thats all. I understand your point, don´t worry, but it doesn´t care if i could scale up or down a Titan by any factor. The ships have at any time the same size ingame - not like in Movies or TV-series.
The X3 Vanilla models have a specified size. Thats a fact and nothing to discuss.
I don´t care of what i could or not could or about textures. Textures are nothing...
I´m interested in the correct relation between X2/X3/XR and X4 models.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 10:47

as lino said, 1 / m, each numer interpreted as meter, and examples for ship sizes were also mentioned:

Dimensions per ship class (width / height / length):
xs (ability drones, escape pods) - 2,5 / 2,5 / 2,5 (MAX)
s (fighter/scout ships/fighter drones) - 35 / 25 / 35 (MAX)
m (standart trading/mining ship, corvette, frigate) - 90 / 90 / 150 (MAX)
l (large traders, destroyers) - 600 / 600 / 600 (MAX)
XL (carriers/builderships) - 2000 / 2000 / 2000 (MAX)

whats the matter ?! start making us some missing split ships ! :D
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

Return to “X4: Foundations”