We can set Player Homes?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaMuncha
x4

We can set Player Homes?

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 06:32

In the live stream, in the bottom left of the screen there is a message that reads: "Find a suitable wreck or abandoned station for your home"

So this means there will be wrecked space hulks and abandoned stations that we can set as the player home?

This brings up whole new possibilities for the game. e.g. a player home I can retire to to manage my empire,

it DOESNT have to be the player HQ? which in previous Xgames is end game content and I've neber been able to build it.

Can we go inside our player home?

Is there a room with monitors in it so we can manage the empire?

We can set our player home to a wreckage?

Can it fly?

Can we go inside it?

Do we have a bedroom or somewhere to relax?

Show me your wares please!

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 07:09

I'm pretty sure it is the PHQ quest. It was in the earlier streams too.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 07:17

So we can set a Abandoned Station or Wreck as our HQ?

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 07:29

Nothing stopping egosoft from letting you have multiple types of homes in the game, it could be PH which u can build up as well as having a hidden wreck as a home on the other side of the galaxy or taking over an abanonded secret base maybe a forggoten pirate base, which all sounds cool to me. Why limit urself to one megaaconstruction in just 1 area afterall.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

spacecoyote99
x4

Post by spacecoyote99 » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 10:05

From what we've been told I have a feeling the PHQ will still be a unique station. We'll get it relatively early but the main plot will center around building it up to full capacity ("end game")

What I'm curious about is whether this "suitable wreck" is also a unique object or whether there are many wrecks littered around so we can choose where to set up our PHQ. I would assume the latter..

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 23:50

"We'll get it relatively early but the main plot will center around building it up to full capacity "

OOHHH! I so hope that's the way of it!

immortalfrieza
x3tc

Post by immortalfrieza » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 01:45

What I hope most is that you can use the PHQ to break down ships and get their blueprints and materials, just like how it was in X3 Reunion. I liked that feature, though I thought there was more that could be done with it, like if you got particular blueprints you could build some new ships that are slightly better than either of the ones they're composed of and can't be acquired any other way.

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 18:34

immortalfrieza wrote:What I hope most is that you can use the PHQ to break down ships and get their blueprints and materials, just like how it was in X3 Reunion. I liked that feature, though I thought there was more that could be done with it, like if you got particular blueprints you could build some new ships that are slightly better than either of the ones they're composed of and can't be acquired any other way.
You will already be able to build shipyards, so I don't know if the HQ will have the same functionality as in X3.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 18:56

spacecoyote99 wrote:From what we've been told I have a feeling the PHQ will still be a unique station. We'll get it relatively early but the main plot will center around building it up to full capacity ("end game")

What I'm curious about is whether this "suitable wreck" is also a unique object or whether there are many wrecks littered around so we can choose where to set up our PHQ. I would assume the latter..
I hope so. It would be very cool if some of those wreckage are in "secret" or tactical interesting areas advanced players can settle on a replay :)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

immortalfrieza
x3tc

Post by immortalfrieza » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 03:26

Juggernaut93 wrote:
immortalfrieza wrote:What I hope most is that you can use the PHQ to break down ships and get their blueprints and materials, just like how it was in X3 Reunion. I liked that feature, though I thought there was more that could be done with it, like if you got particular blueprints you could build some new ships that are slightly better than either of the ones they're composed of and can't be acquired any other way.
You will already be able to build shipyards, so I don't know if the HQ will have the same functionality as in X3.
You were always able to build shipyards in previous games (don't know about Rebirth) but you were limited to the ships of whatever race's shipyard you were building. Yeah though, if you could break down and reverse engineer ships with the shipyards instead of just the PHQ as well with X4 that would work just as well.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 21. Dec 17, 03:41

immortalfrieza wrote:
Juggernaut93 wrote:
You were always able to build shipyards in previous games (don't know about Rebirth) but you were limited to the ships of whatever race's shipyard you were building. Yeah though, if you could break down and reverse engineer ships with the shipyards instead of just the PHQ as well with X4 that would work just as well.
You could /never/ build shipyards in vanilla X3 (pre-AP) or X:R. You could supply them but never build them; they were always built by NPCs (PHQ doesn't count)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X4: Foundations”