Problem with my own Cell_Matrix Factory

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Keltrasil

Problem with my own Cell_Matrix Factory

Post by Keltrasil » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 10:43

Hello,

I have a problem with my own cell matrix factory. The factory uses energy cells (only 3 are in my factory). My factory does not buy any more power cells even though my manager has set the options to 8 credits. But there is nothing in the trading options. I can only supply the energy cells via goods transfer.

Another bug?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 11:02

Assuming all your trade settings are correct (make sure that your trading on Ecells is enabled - if you haven't fiddled with it, it ought to be fine, as it defaults to enabled, if I recall correctly), there may be other factors. Mainly, availability of that ware in your local market - it may simply be a case that ECs are in short enough supply that there are too many other competing bids at max price (and, to make matters worse, some NPC stations' price extremes are outside of those allowed for player-owned stations - for example, Solar Energetics sells its ECs for around 1cr each, while the player can only go down to 2cr, meaning that it's essentially impossible to compete with Solar Energetics in its territory.) Ware abundance varies across the universe - for instance, in DeVries there is an abundance, as is in Far Out in Albion, but there is a noticeable shortage in Omicron Lyrae (which presents the player with an opportunity.) Also, sometimes it's not an issue of supply, but of distribution - there may be plenty available, but either a shortage of traders running those goods (for whatever reason - too few ships, or more lucrative wares for them to be dealing in), or there may be a geographical impediment - the necessary trade route might go through a pirate-frequented area, with freighters being routinely destroyed en route, or you may be a system away, which greatly reduces the number of NPC traders able to service you (for example, if you set up in Maelstrom, good luck to you: it's in a system with essentially no production/availability, so you have to rely entirely on NPC universe traders, which are few and far between, and to boot they may be suffering the depredations of high Xenon activity.)

To ensure reliable supply of resources to your factories, you need to have freighters assigned to that factory to buy the required resources. You needn't necessarily go big - if you are in a developed system (Albion, Omicron Lyrae, Home of Light, and to a lesser extent DeVries), then you can use the M-sized freighters. Assign an energy-specialized Gigurum/Mercancias/Nyanae to the station, and it will dedicate its time to buying the ECs that you need, as well as possibly helping you to sell off your product. Station-assigned freighters tend to prefer buying before selling, so as long as there is a producer within range, your factory will soon get supplied and stabilize. With regards to range: be sure to have a radar extension installed if your suppliers and customers are outside that station's sector, and then be sure to change the station's trade range accordingly, otherwise your manager will ignore potential suppliers and customers.

Good fortune :)

Incidentally, I have found that for factories, especially in markets you are not yet familiar with, it is usually best to leave the manager to manage the ware prices - as your stocks fill up, he/she will lower the offered price as the need becomes less urgent. An additional benefit of proactive shopping for resources (ie. fetching using an assigned freighter, rather than relying on visiting NPC traders), is that your manager will make deals with the lowest available offer within trade range, whereas passing traders will only be lured to your station when your offer beats enough competing bids - this can widen your profit margin more than significantly!
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Problem with my own Cell_Matrix Factory

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 20. Dec 17, 12:02

Keltrasil wrote:Hello,

I have a problem with my own cell matrix factory. The factory uses energy cells (only 3 are in my factory). My factory does not buy any more power cells even though my manager has set the options to 8 credits. But there is nothing in the trading options. I can only supply the energy cells via goods transfer.

Another bug?
Hi,

did you set the buying range to "System" after building the "command booster" (or what else the big antenna is called in English)?

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”