[MOD] X Rebirth Lost Sectors v1.5.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 12. Jul 17, 09:35

Xen WP only use Energyweapons, no Missileturrets and without (tradeoffer-)docks it can't traded anyway, so he would be useless

I'm not sure, but IMO the Masstraffic stations of HoL also not have a tradenpc too

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Wed, 12. Jul 17, 09:48

the highway stations you can land on and the huge ad signs used to have a full crew of manager, engineer and defense officer...

i am not 100% sure but i might think that the 'init station' parameter only gives stations what they need to fully function.

at last it does in my CHT mod... and there i restrict it to only 3 station macros.

what we could do is to restrict the md only to the new system, sector in maelstrom and the station in fields of opportunity.

or we check... like in my code... every single station in the whole universe if they need the (vanilla) initialisation.

i am happy with any solution... because i am to greedy to start a new game for the mod :D

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 12. Jul 17, 10:27

signal_objects 'init station' is only a cue that runs the same include_actions then your code, but only for a single request and without further condition
the original code you postet did it simple twice
logical would be to run first include_actions and then check again for controlnpcs and in case nobody in restore hull and send the signal_objects (but that just for fun and shouldn't required ever)

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Wed, 12. Jul 17, 13:35

okay... i did a quick edit in my CHT station init MD, changed some values and i got this.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
<mdscript xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" name="Start_LostStations" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="md.xsd">
<cues>
<cue name="Start_LostStations">
        <conditions>
			<event_game_loaded/>
        </conditions>
			<delay exact="1s"/>
       <actions>
            <find_station name="$allstations" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy"/>
        <do_all exact="$allstations.count" counter="$i">
			<signal_objects param2="$allstations.{$i}" param="'init station'" object="player.galaxy"/>
        </do_all>
			<remove_value name="$allstations"/>
       </actions>
</cue>
</cues>
</mdscript>
what do you think? would this work as intended?
search all existing stations and if needed init the stations.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 12. Jul 17, 13:45

not good!

whats wrong with my code ?
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 55#4667255

now you produce a lot of overhead, because you process all running stations too
the use of include_actions is ok
anyway you could search stations of the new spaces only

and the reason why i'm not fan of your code is, about the lack of possibility to destroy stations, i use ownerless for "destroyed" stations without controlenties, so you will start abandoned stations again - so you "sabotage" game mechanics of other mods :roll: *virtual slap send to eMYNOCK* :D

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Wed, 12. Jul 17, 14:22

This is just raw Material... Feel free to add what we need and feel free to alter what we do not need.

Ideally the Station md has only to run once... And that is when the mod is activated, integrated, for the first time.

It doesn't is needed when you start a fresh game an way... In that case the universe init will do what is needed.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 12. Jul 17, 14:38

but that CUE will run on first load of an savegame too,
otherwise you need to cancle the cue or run it at "md.Setup.GameStart" too and take the code into a do_if event.name == 'event_game_loaded'
then on load of an savegame the cue is already done

i'm not against your code, but you had a better before and i add a suggestion about, your last "simplier" version is not better in any way - thats all what i want to say, the reasons i already explain

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 12. Jul 17, 18:53

Marvin Martian wrote:AND delete your VARs after working would nice too, otherwise this will be in the savegame forever
i didnt look intho this personally yet, but from what i have read in the XR MD Guide the Vars will get cleared eventually if all cues in the tree are complete or cancelled. this one will complete instantly when a game loads. But might be worth a Savegame Examination :)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Thu, 13. Jul 17, 21:36

okay... i need validation for this one.

Marvin, UniTrader... feel free to comment or correct.

i still search the entire universe... just if something strange had happened to other stations.

a player deleted crews accidentially for example.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mdscript xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" name="Start_LostStations" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="md.xsd">
<cues>
<cue name="Start_LostStations">
<!--this checks the player age, if started with the mod nothing should happen-->
<!--script shall end here-->
      <delay exact="2s"/>
      <actions>
      <do_if value="player.age lt 1min">
        <cancel_cue cue="this"/>
      </do_if>
<!--if we are older than 1 minute the mod was not active on game start-->
<!--lets initiate the stations now or we do not have any crews--> 
		<do_else>
		<find_station name="$allstations" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy"/>
        <do_all exact="$allstations.count" counter="$i">
			<set_value name="$controllable" exact="$allstations.{$i}"/>
				<do_if value="$controllable.owner.id" list="['player', 'ownerless']">
					<continue />
				</do_if>
			<do_if value="$controllable.engineer.exists and $controllable.defencenpc.exists" negate="true">
				<include_actions ref="md.InitUniverse.InitStationActions"/>
			</do_if>
        </do_all>
			<remove_value name="$controllable"/>
			<remove_value name="$allstations"/>
		</do_else>	
       </actions>
<!--we are done, if correct all stations now should have crews now. except player and ownerless-->
</cue>
</cues>
</mdscript>
Last edited by eMYNOCK on Thu, 13. Jul 17, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 13. Jul 17, 21:48

i miss the <find_station/> therre to set/populate the $allstations var
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Thu, 13. Jul 17, 23:59

UniTrader wrote:i miss the <find_station/> therre to set/populate the $allstations var
corrected... how could this just sneak past me?

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 15:19

--Upd--

Added more new screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/NeLdB
Last edited by KrYcHokE on Fri, 15. Sep 17, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.

dfm5000

Post by dfm5000 » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 01:15

Can't download files from link, says try back later.

Never mind browser hates that site for some reason switching fixed situation.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 03:33

Just wanted to comment that I really love the Loki. I managed to capture one and it's become my personal ship. It's compact, it's very fast (it was a bitch to capture as it could outrun me), it's got a nice main gun, AND it has a universal cargo bay! I've named it the Gremlin and I'm loving it!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 18:04

XR 4.30

[=ERROR=] 0.00 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\lostsectors\assets\units\size_xl\macros\units_size_xl_builder_ship_ls_macro'
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 XLib::XMLInputOpenCallback(): Failed to open the file: extensions/lostsectors/assets/units/size_xl/macros/units_size_xl_builder_ship_ls_macro
[=ERROR=] 0.00 MacroDB::FindMacro(): Error loading from XML file 'extensions\lostsectors\assets\units\size_xl\macros\units_size_xl_builder_ship_ls_macro'. Check the log for further information.
[=ERROR=] 0.00 File I/O: Could not find file '.\extensions\lostsectors\assets\units\size_xl\macros\units_size_xl_builder_ship_ls_macro'
[=ERROR=] 0.00 XLib::XMLInputOpenCallback(): Failed to open the file: extensions/lostsectors/assets/units/size_xl/macros/units_size_xl_builder_ship_ls_macro
[=ERROR=] 0.00 MacroDB::FindMacro(): Error loading from XML file 'extensions\lostsectors\assets\units\size_xl\macros\units_size_xl_builder_ship_ls_macro'. Check the log for further information.
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Cannot find macro XML file from index 'asteroid_var1_s_macro' in file 'index\macros'
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Cannot find macro XML file from index 'asteroid_var1_l_macro' in file 'index\macros'
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Movie.LoadFormat] File videos/logo_egosoft.mkv: avformat_open_input = -2 'No such file or directory'
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Movie.LoadFormat] File videos/logo_publisher.mkv: avformat_open_input = -2 'No such file or directory'
[General] 1.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 1.00 Error in MD cue md.Setup_LostSectors.Add_Drone: Property lookup failed: md.$DroneTraderLists
* Expression: md.$DroneTraderLists.{1}
[=ERROR=] 1.00 Error in MD cue md.Setup_LostSectors.Add_Drone: Evaluated value 'null' is not of type list
[General] 5.02 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 5.02 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '-111.902f' is not of type angle
* Expression: -111.902f
[=ERROR=] 5.02 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '-36.5467f' is not of type angle
* Expression: -36.5467f
[=ERROR=] 5.02 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '15.2839f' is not of type angle
* Expression: 15.2839f
[=ERROR=] 5.02 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '66.2162f' is not of type angle
* Expression: 66.2162f
[=ERROR=] 5.02 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '-51.4243f' is not of type angle
* Expression: -51.4243f
[=ERROR=] 5.02 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '83.5451f' is not of type angle
* Expression: 83.5451f
[=ERROR=] 5.02 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '-110.387f' is not of type angle
* Expression: -110.387f
[=ERROR=] 5.02 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '-55.1863f' is not of type angle
* Expression: -55.1863f
[=ERROR=] 5.02 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '38.8333f' is not of type angle
* Expression: 38.8333f

[=ERROR=] 0.00 Cannot find macro XML file from index 'asteroid_var1_s_macro' in file 'index\macros'
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Cannot find macro XML file from index 'asteroid_var1_l_macro' in file 'index\macros'
[=ERROR=] 1.00 Error in MD cue md.Setup_LostSectors.Add_Drone: Property lookup failed: md.$DroneTraderLists
[=ERROR=] 1.00 Error in MD cue md.Setup_LostSectors.Add_Drone: Evaluated value 'null' is not of type list
[General] 2.45 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 2.45 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Flostsectors%2Fassets%2Funits%2Fsize_s%2Fmacros%2Funits_size_s_split_m8_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 74, error 76: Opening and ending tag mismatch: connections line 25 and macro
connectionsmacro
[General] 2.45 ======================================
[General] 5.01 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 5.01 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '-111.902f' is not of type angle
* Expression: -111.902f
[=ERROR=] 5.01 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '-36.5467f' is not of type angle
* Expression: -36.5467f
[=ERROR=] 5.01 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '15.2839f' is not of type angle
* Expression: 15.2839f
[=ERROR=] 5.01 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '66.2162f' is not of type angle
* Expression: 66.2162f
[=ERROR=] 5.01 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '-51.4243f' is not of type angle
* Expression: -51.4243f
[=ERROR=] 5.01 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '83.5451f' is not of type angle
* Expression: 83.5451f
[=ERROR=] 5.01 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '-110.387f' is not of type angle
* Expression: -110.387f
[=ERROR=] 5.01 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '-55.1863f' is not of type angle
* Expression: -55.1863f
[=ERROR=] 5.01 Error in MD cue md.PlacedObjects_LS.Place_Claimable_Ships: Evaluated value '38.8333f' is not of type angle
* Expression: 38.8333f

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 19:18

@alexalsp: Исправление для дрона будет в 1.3, а с units_size_xl_builder_ship_ls_macro у меня проблем нет :?

AnthonyNVII
x4

Post by AnthonyNVII » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 18:56

Love this mod it’s amazing what you have done with the Terran ships! Any idea on when v1.30 will be released? I saw the pictures of all the old Terran ships and now my game just feels naked without them haha!

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 19:01

@AnthonyNVII: 1.3 beta will be released probably on end of december.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 05:45

:o OMG this mod is awesome... all the ships and stations it adds. Those pics, especially the boron ship. Surprised the heck out of me that you managed somehow to import ships from the previous X3 series of games and modify them to fit in with XR. The developers I know made it very hard for modders to import models into XR but it seems it was done and done well with this mod. Most ship adding mods to the game are only copies of already present ships within XR that have parts of other ships in the game copy and pasted in place on models.

Wonderful job!

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 06:47

Yap, Lost Sectors is one of a kind. I especially love the system layout and how sectors are designed.

Really well done.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”