EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish
Log inRegister
 
Something fill the time waiting for X4
Post new topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
mr.WHO





Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Posts: 2831 on topic
Location: Wroclaw - Poland
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 2. Dec 17, 11:12    Post subject: Something fill the time waiting for X4 Reply with quote Print

I found this little gem on the Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/681330/Helium_Rain/

Still Early access, but already great quality - this game is closest to X-games from all space games - you can own stations, freighters warships.

Plus if you love The Expanse TV series you will love this game art style and mechanics design.

P.S If you have problems with docking (like me) you should first research auto-docking.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrbadger





Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 5648 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 2. Dec 17, 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Pfft, auto docking is for wimps...

I might try this, thanks

Don't know about the docking really, but I learned docking in Elite, since then there is no such thing as a game with hard docking....


_________________
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
felter





Joined: 09 Nov 2002
Posts: 41 on topic
Location: Livingston,Scotland
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 2. Dec 17, 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

mrbadger wrote:
Don't know about the docking really, but I learned docking in Elite, since then there is no such thing as a game with hard docking....


+1


_________________
I'm not saying he is a Russian asset, I'm saying he sat on his asset when he was supposed to be confronting Putin.
#AlertTheDaycareStaff #denturedonald
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morkonan





Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Posts: 1611 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 2. Dec 17, 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The visualizations in that game are very similar to an X3 sort of game. Also, note the dev name: "Deimos Interactive."

Darn Paranid zealots...


Btw, what's that 2D game made by the X3 fan and forum member that was done awhile back? I've been searching my skull for that and keep coming up empty. (That's not surprising.)

I might give that game a go if it's as complex, with as many fiddly-bits, as X3TC. (Not sure about this one in the OP, though.)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alien Tech Inc.



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Posts: 663 on topic
Location: UK
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 2. Dec 17, 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Morkonan wrote:
The visualizations in that game are very similar to an X3 sort of game. Also, note the dev name: "Deimos Interactive."

Darn Paranid zealots...


Btw, what's that 2D game made by the X3 fan and forum member that was done awhile back? I've been searching my skull for that and keep coming up empty. (That's not surprising.)

I might give that game a go if it's as complex, with as many fiddly-bits, as X3TC. (Not sure about this one in the OP, though.)


Starbound? (I have no idea, but it's the only 2D space game I know off-hand)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morkonan





Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Posts: 1611 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 2. Dec 17, 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Alien Tech Inc. wrote:

Starbound? (I have no idea, but it's the only 2D space game I know off-hand)


No. There was a thread here about it, started by the creator, and several other mentions on the forums and elsewhere. It's a top-down, 2D, "X3" kind of game, with many of the gameplay features of X3. (Logistics, stations, etc..) It's not a widely well-known game, but it had good reviews the last time I looked.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eladan





Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 5307 on topic
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 3. Dec 17, 02:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Unending Galaxy.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morkonan





Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Posts: 1611 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 3. Dec 17, 08:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Serial Kicked





Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Posts: 3493 on topic
Location: France
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 7. Dec 17, 01:55    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

oh nice to see that people still remember my game Smile

Cheers!


_________________
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BigBANGtheory





Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 2342 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 15. Dec 17, 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

mrbadger wrote:
Pfft, auto docking is for wimps...

I might try this, thanks

Don't know about the docking really, but I learned docking in Elite, since then there is no such thing as a game with hard docking....


Wait for DCS F/A-18C where you'll get the chance to land on an aircraft carrier in full simulation, instrument landing the works Surprised

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrbadger





Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 5648 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 15. Dec 17, 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

BigBANGtheory wrote:
mrbadger wrote:
Pfft, auto docking is for wimps...

I might try this, thanks

Don't know about the docking really, but I learned docking in Elite, since then there is no such thing as a game with hard docking....


Wait for DCS F/A-18C where you'll get the chance to land on an aircraft carrier in full simulation, instrument landing the works Surprised


Nice. Expect lots of splashes and swearing....

Still waiting for my nice game centred office to get de-cluttered to the point where it's worth my buying the Warthog Hotas Joystick for DCS so I can really get into the flight stuff. my current joystick is a bit pants.

I am told by the boss (mrsBadger) that after christmas there will be time to do the reshuffle upstairs that will clear the space I need for my bookshelves and let me see floorspace again.


_________________
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic Reply to topic
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
Control Panel
Login Data
The time now is Tue, 25. Sep 18, 15:44

All times are GMT + 2 Hours

[ Disclaimer / Impressum ] | [ Privacy Policy / Datenschutz ]

Board Security

Copyright © EGOSOFT 1989-2018
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Template created by Avatar & BurnIt!
Debug: page generation = 0.08985 seconds, sql queries = 25