[X3AP] Fixing Split reputation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Irrehaare
x3ap

[X3AP] Fixing Split reputation

Post by Irrehaare » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 17:43

Hi! I came back to X3AP for one last time before X4 and I decided to go with Unholy Traitor (Medusa prototype). But in this scenario you start with lowest possible reputation with Paranid and Split. I fixed Paranid rep by killing Argon in Clarity's end, but I'm stuck when it comes to Split. I tried placing ore mine in ministry of Finance, hoping that they will buy from it and checked Zyarth's Dominion for Xenon activity - there are Xenons indeed, but every time they spawn Split RRF comes and floods them with tomahawks. Sooo I'm stuck. Is killing Boron in Wretched Skies my only option? Or maybe this won't work either?

I really need rep with them, I tend to have most of my fleet made of their ships.
“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”

RainerPrem
x4

Re: [X3AP] Fixing Split reputation

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 18:03

Irrehaare wrote:Hi! I came back to X3AP for one last time before X4 and I decided to go with Unholy Traitor (Medusa prototype). But in this scenario you start with lowest possible reputation with Paranid and Split. I fixed Paranid rep by killing Argon in Clarity's end, but I'm stuck when it comes to Split. I tried placing ore mine in ministry of Finance, hoping that they will buy from it and checked Zyarth's Dominion for Xenon activity - there are Xenons indeed, but every time they spawn Split RRF comes and floods them with tomahawks. Sooo I'm stuck. Is killing Boron in Wretched Skies my only option? Or maybe this won't work either?

I really need rep with them, I tend to have most of my fleet made of their ships.
Hi,

In TC and AP you can find representatives of all races on trade stations giving missions. Even those you are on kill-on-sight with.

cu
Rainer

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 18:54

Additionally, you can also look for Xenons in Thyn's Abyss. Here, the waves are more variable, and because they don't always come with Qs, those meddlesome RRFleets don't often come and steal your prospects. Also, you could try hunting pirates in Split space (assuming you're not trying to curry favour with pirates, in which case this may not be an appealing option.) One possible place that springs to mind is just north of Hatikvah's Faith (Thuruk's Beard, if I'm not mistaken?) Both of these options are quite hit-and-miss, though, as the opportunities don't present themselves with much regularity, and certainly not much frequency.

One possible approach is to deploy an advanced satellite behind the gate to the Xenon sector (or Hatikvah, as applicable) so that it can see ships that come in from that side, and (if you are playing X3AP with Bonus Pack - this isn't available in vanilla X3TC) set the satellite to satellite early warning network (done via Options - Gameplay - SEWN down at the bottom.) You want it to pick up incoming ships, but not see too much of the sector, for two reasons:
1. it will alert you every time a Split combat ship gets in range, too, so the more of the sector you see, the more you'll get spammed.
2. The closer into the sector you place the satellite, the greater the chances that it will get spotted and taken out by Split police etc.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 19:55

RainerPrem wrote:Hi,

In TC and AP you can find representatives of all races on trade stations giving missions. Even those you are on kill-on-sight with.

cu
Rainer
I wish it was that simple. Doing missions does nothing on lowest reputation level.
RAVEN.myst wrote:Additionally, you can also look for Xenons in Thyn's Abyss.

I did. So far nothing.

RAVEN.myst wrote:...because they don't always come with Qs, those meddlesome RRFleets don't often come and steal your prospects.
In Zyarth's they're sending loaded M1 and 2M8 minimum against an M6 with few fighters :(

RAVEN.myst wrote:One possible place that springs to mind is just north of Hatikvah's Faith (Thuruk's Beard, if I'm not mistaken?)
That's right, I forgot about pirates. I don't care about relations with them at the beginning and later space fuel does the trick well.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 20:09

Irrehaare wrote:

I did. So far nothing.
Yeah, it's not exactly reliable:D hence the Satellite Early Warning Network method, as then you can go about whatever else, and be notified immediately when evil robots enter through that gate, allowing you to respond quickly. Not perfect, but it can help...

Irrehaare wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:...because they don't always come with Qs, those meddlesome RRFleets don't often come and steal your prospects.
In Zyarth's they're sending loaded M1 and 2M8 minimum against an M6 with few fighters :(
Indeed - Zyarth's Dominion is most frustrating in this regard unless you can bring serious firepower to bear quickly, but even then it's a crapshoot - Split ships being fastest in class, even their capital ships tend to beat one to the punch, and then Xenons there don't come in through the gate, but jump in gatelessly anywhere in that (large!) sector.

Well, good luck, and good hunting! :)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 21:22

Irrehaare wrote:... Is killing Boron in Wretched Skies my only option? Or maybe this won't work either?...
It will work. You can also find Boron flying through Family Whi and Thuruk's Beard upon occasion. Or try Ghinn's Escape far to the northeast. Good hunting. :boron: :skull:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 21:23

RAVEN.myst wrote:
Irrehaare wrote:

I did. So far nothing.
Yeah, it's not exactly reliable:D hence the Satellite Early Warning Network method, as then you can go about whatever else, and be notified immediately when evil robots enter through that gate, allowing you to respond quickly. Not perfect, but it can help...
The SEWN requires that the Split do not shoot Satellites (like they do at the bottom of the barrel)?

Xenon sectors 534, 596, 597 are "behind Abyss" if you look from the nearest Xenon Shipyard (at 472). Should some harm come to those Xenon, the Shipyard would dispatch a convoy. Very reliable.

It has only two minor wrinkles:
1. Split RRF could find Abyss (I think I've seen that to happen)
2. The 'some harm' effort
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 21:31

jlehtone wrote: The SEWN requires that the Split do not shoot Satellites (like they do at the bottom of the barrel)?
Indeed - hence placing them some 20-25km behind the gate, to reduce the chances of them getting blown up (and also reducing being spammed by notifications about Split ships.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 10:28

Nanook wrote:
Irrehaare wrote:... Is killing Boron in Wretched Skies my only option? Or maybe this won't work either?...
It will work. You can also find Boron flying through Family Whi and Thuruk's Beard upon occasion. Or try Ghinn's Escape far to the northeast. Good hunting. :boron: :skull:
Yes, it work. I had restarted game recently as Unholy Traitor. After 1 day and 1 hour my pilot has 58 millions credits and small fleet of ships (Kestrel, Pelican and some capped ships for sale).

Current reputation among Splits:

Enemy of all Split Families: 3

Current reputation in Boron sectors:
Noble Peer: 67

When my pilot jump using Medusa Prototype into Family Whi and kill boron merchant, which is flying Barracuda, then I see following:

Current reputation among Splits:

Enemy of all Split Families: 4 (increased by 1)

Current reputation in Boron sectors:
Noble Peer: 50

It was just test.

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 19:47

@AleksMain

Well, I know it works technically, my issue is how tricky it is to get all the rank up using this method. I tried today and it turns out, it's not that easy.

1. There aren't many Borons out there.
2. There is however a lot of Split police, and my little fighter wing (MedusaProto, 2 Ls and 2 Novas) can't outpace them. And even if it could, it's still annoying to hunt for Borons while beeing chased by police.

But I did get from 0 to 14%, mostly thanks to a trader who spawned a lot of drones before he died, it got me from 2 to 10%. So it looks like I'll just need a lot of luck and patience. I'm still yet to check out Thuruk's Beard though.

EDIT: There's just as many Boron in Thuruk's Beard, so it seems it is most effective to jump around sectors hoping to get lucky.
P.S. 23%, another guy with drones ^^

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 21:57

If you are willing to do "deeds", then you hire a Boron TL and ask it to enter a Split sector.

Shooting a Capital ship of an enemy of the sector owner will remove 50% of remaining bad (negative) rep. Obviously the Borons will call you Confirmed Adversary, if you do something like that.

Tornado, Typhoon, Firestorm. Tornado is a dumpfire. It does not need a target. In fact, if you do launch them without target, who would know that they are "out there"?

PS. You had written scripts and mods (which should not take much space) but did not keep them in your "code repository" when uninstalling a game?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 21:09

jlehtone, this is genious! However, I'm 75% through that stupid lowest tank ATM, so probably won't use it. Traders with drones are awesome.

The idea with missiles is nice (you mean to fire missile and destroy it, since it's enemy for everyone...?), but acquairing them first might be tricky in the game beginning.

About P.S. I'm not sure what do you mean. I'm playing a modded game, around 30 mods and the last time I played, around a year ago, I've been writing a mod by myself to help me with something, got a loooot of help on this forum. I didn't keep that mod anywhere, I'm even not sure whether it is still on my drive.

EDIT: I totally forgot. It seems that it doesn't matter if sector is next to Boron one, or not when it comes to amount of Boron ships, so I jump around and try in different places. A bit annoying, mostly becouse of border control and ocasional Panther, but it works.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 23:10

@Irrehaare: Since traders with drones are working out so effective for you, you can sometimes encourage them to release those sooner - do a cargo scan on the target, and sometimes that makes it nervous/suspicious and it will release its drones (works even if the target is "blue" to you.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 23:13

OK, but doesn't illegall scaning lower my rep with sector owner?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 23:34

Irrehaare wrote:OK, but doesn't illegall scaning lower my rep with sector owner?
Nope - it lowers your rep with the faction that the target of your scan belongs to (of course, the two can be the same, say a Boron ship in a Boron sector, for example.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 12:59

So finally, I'm a Split Comrade ATM, and growing fast. Should anyone else find this thread, this is what I learned:

-killing Xenon in Zyarth's Dominion would be awesome, if you could avoid RRF, but becouse of those Raptor and Vipers it's nearly impossible,
-the most effective way I found was killing Boron in Split sectors: Wretched Skies and Thuruk's Beard, pirates will do to if you don't care about their rep and can find them,
-traders which deployed drones were most helpful, since thanks to them you could repair around 7 or 8% of that lowest rank 'at once', while single ships seemed to give 1,5%, which still was important too,
-obiously I had to go back to Boron from time to time and repair rep with them; I did it every time when my rank with them fell to Noble Peer,
-once you get out of that lowest rank and become Enemy of Rhonkar (instead of Enemy of All Families) you can start doing missions for split on foreign races stations. I had most luck when searching for those in NE map corner, Hilla's Joy and stuff. You can do easy missions, but single hard or very hard mission should jump you to level 0 (Split Creature 50%).
-once you can enter their core sectors you still have to go around and do some apologising, since some entities will remain enemy:
--ships: comm them and say sorry, try again if it doesn't work at first try; some pilots are stubborn, but shooting down an M4 shouldn't be that much of a problem now,
--stations: unfortunately you'll have to hack them, altough there shouldn't be to many of them and it should be cheap,
--lasertowers: should switch automatically once you leave a sector where you found them, but if they don't, there is a problem, since shooting them may turn a station against you. Luckily, you already know how to deal with station ;) EDIT: Check out post below, I wasnt exactly right

Big thanks for all responses!!!
Last edited by Irrehaare on Mon, 18. Dec 17, 14:42, edited 3 times in total.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 13:09

Irrehaare wrote: --lasertowers should switch automatically once you leave a sector where you found them, but if they don't, there is a problem, since shooting them may turn a station against you. Luckily, you already know how to deal with station
This being X3AP, here's how to deal with those lasertowers: drop a satellite in its sector, leave the sector, and then look into the sector map - the LT should flip to blue; if it doesn't, it simply means more schmoozing is required, and/or as mentioned above, its host station is still red. (This method also works for most ships, including pirates, so long as they're on the fence in terms of relations; it doesn't work in X3TC.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 14:38

My bad, I didn't notice that dropping satellite is required, I always do it anyway.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 15:02

I don't think it has to be a satellite, but I'm not sure - and since I, too, always drop satellites so I can see what's going on, that's the proverbial stone with the two bird silhouettes painted on its nosecone. :P
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 05:28

RAVEN.myst wrote:I don't think it has to be a satellite, but I'm not sure - and since I, too, always drop satellites so I can see what's going on, that's the proverbial stone with the two bird silhouettes painted on its nosecone. :P
Hi,

it's enough to have any asset in that sector, which can see the tower.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”