Intended or Not? My small list of Rebirth issues I cannot find answers for.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Oberdan
xr

Intended or Not? My small list of Rebirth issues I cannot find answers for.

Post by Oberdan » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 08:30

First of all, I am enjoying the game. But...(only one t in that but!) I am running into issues that don't seem to have any kind of in-game solution.

Issue 1: Argon Law Enforcement License. I bought one. It says owned in game. I blew up some Xenon scouts in the same sector I bought it in, an Argon sector. No recognition, no payment. I used a highway to a portion of space, Ductworks I believe, and blew up some more enemy ships. I collected some cool loot. No recognition, no rewards. I went back and talked to some people on the stations, but when I asked about where to find the police commissioner, I got told, "I don't know who that is."

Issue 2: Loot magnet isn't working. It says to press D in the menu. I did not remap anything on the keyboard. The D does not activate the magnet. None of the dropped pods move. I have to run them over with my ship to pick them up. I even did a shift +d which did nothing, and wondered why I was trying to dock with it. I want it to dock with me, not the other way around.

Issue 3: Weapon Dealers only sell missiles? I've been all over the place looking for a weapon dealer that will sell the laser cannons, particle whatever, but all they have are missiles. Now keep in mind that I haven't used a single jumpgate, only the highway once and back again, so I know I didn't fly into some weird portion of space and get lost. Heck, I found the dance place with awesome music and laughed at the X-BTF arcade game. I even got some free stuff from abandoned station lockers that sold quite nicely. But no laser guns.

If anybody can kindly point in the right direction for these issues, I'd love it. I went to the wiki and spent a few hours there, but these issues were buried to deep to find it after a few hours, or don't exist yet. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: Intended or Not? My small list of Rebirth issues I cannot find answers for.

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 09:04

Oberdan wrote:Issue 1: Argon Law Enforcement License. I bought one. It says owned in game. I blew up some Xenon scouts in the same sector I bought it in, an Argon sector. No recognition, no payment.
You need to be in a zone within the appropriate jurisdiction - you can see it shown in the map. A sector can contain zones under varying law enforcement jurisdictions/faction ownerships. For instance, most of Maelstrom isn't owned by anyone or is owned by Xenon. Sometimes, even stations in a zone don't guarantee that the zone is in a jurisdiction. In Albion, almost all zones are under PMC control, but there is one in Far Out that is not in any jurisdiction (Exhaustless Mines), and there are others elsewhere, likewise. Generally, the "wilder" (ie. less civilized) a system (Maelstrom is VERY "wild"), the more variation there is. In Home of Light, though, despite that system being highly developed, there are areas in the northern sector that are under Xenon control. DeVries has zones under RoC control, Reiver control, and unclaimed; similar situations exist in some other systems.
Oberdan wrote:Issue 2: Loot magnet isn't working. It says to press D in the menu.
It's 'O' (oscar) not 'D' (delta)
Oberdan wrote:Issue 3: Weapon Dealers only sell missiles? I've been all over the place looking for a weapon dealer that will sell the laser cannons, particle whatever, but all they have are missiles.
Guns are sold and installed by mechanics. They also handle alternative cockpits, shields, engines, sensor upgrades, and software upgrades, as well as weapon modifications.

Happy hunting! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Oberdan
xr

Post by Oberdan » Sun, 10. Dec 17, 20:12

RAVEN.myst, you're my personal hero right now. Thank you ever so much! My issues wasn't totally comprehended by me, and I get that. You explained it in a manner that helps.

Happy Hunting, and may the loot machine be generous to you. ^_^

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 02:07

Happy to help :)

Good fortune!
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Intended or Not? My small list of Rebirth issues I cannot find answers for.

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 06:15

RAVEN.myst wrote:
Oberdan wrote:Issue 3: Weapon Dealers only sell missiles? I've been all over the place looking for a weapon dealer that will sell the laser cannons, particle whatever, but all they have are missiles.
Guns are sold and installed by mechanics. They also handle alternative cockpits, shields, engines, sensor upgrades, and software upgrades, as well as weapon modifications.

Happy hunting! :)
Hi,

and before Oberdan asks again: The range of offers in weapons, shields and drives from Mechanics is NOT homogenous. Even not on the same station. An example is the offer of "better weapons" by the RoC and later by JSS during the campaign. At both points I had already better weapons than they offered, bought from a guy next door.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”