[4.30 HF2] BUG - Skunk moving without control input - Resolved.

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ewanh
x4

[4.30 HF2] BUG - Skunk moving without control input - Resolved.

Post by ewanh » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 21:28

Im playing XRVR with Rift and Touch controls. In 4.30 several days prior to HF1, I started a saved game and my ship was moving up and left without any control input. It stops moving when I open the options menu and I can counter act it by moving in the opposite direction but as soon as I stop control inputs it resumes moving up and left.

If I go to the crew quarters or manage to dock then I move forward and left instead.

HF1 and 2 have been installed. I've tried deleting the inputmap.xml file and separately tried loading a default control setting from the control menu ingame but it hasn't stopped the problem. I loaded saved game files from before the problem started and again I have the same problem.

I dont recall making any changes to controls or other settings. I'm sure I missing something really obvious that would correct things instantly. If someone can point out what, I'd be most grateful.

ZacKPloK
x4

Post by ZacKPloK » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 01:57

Sounds like the left stick is constantly moved (or the game thinks so). Have you tried another game to check if it's some Oculus or Hardware issue?

ewanh
x4

Post by ewanh » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 00:52

Thanks for responding. I've tried other games with Touch and there are no problems with control inputs. Tried taking the batteries out of the Touch controllers whilst playing XRVR but the Skunk keeps moving. Its a shame, as I'm 177hrs in and there's no point continuing to play whilst I can't control the ship properly.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 15:50

Disconnect all other sticks, pedals, trackballs, mice and controllers etc and see if the issue still persists. If not then you have an issue with one of the others. If it does persist, then suspect a calibration or dead zone issue with your actual controller that is detected by XRVR but possibly not enough to affect other applications. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ewanh
x4

Post by ewanh » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 19:24

Alan, I hang my head in shame. I had a set of rudder pedals connected but out of sight behind my desk. Disconnected them and all is well. Thanks for the prompt. Now I can get back to empire building.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 19:25

Good to hear! Enjoy the game. :thumb_up:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”