Problem with hostile station in Omicron Lyrae.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Brinnie
x3tc

Problem with hostile station in Omicron Lyrae.

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 09:48

There is an HV licensed distillery in Omicron Lyrae>Eclipse Cloud>Murky Skies that is hostile to me. It is the only station in the sector that is marked red, I don't know what has gone wrong but I need to fix it .

The problem is that the traders from my station flock to it totally disregarding the fact that the distillery is going to blow them up, I have lost 2 of them in immediate succession. The warning about their imminent demise is only a few seconds prior to it.

Any suggestion to what can be done?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 10:48

The bad news is, you can't "fix it" - that station belongs to HV - Heretic Vanguard, the pirate faction. So it's nothing that you did - that's just how that station is. Your freighters aren't going to that station, but past it. Yes, that one is a serious PitA, and because in Rebirth once you've placed a station, you can't change your mind (ie. you can't, for example, demolish it in order to build it somewhere else - you're stuck with it), if you've been unlucky enough to place one of your stations such that its freighters pass that bootlegging operation, you're poked. Well, almost - if you switch to M-sized freighters instead of capitals, you *may* have better results: M-freighters travel via the highways, not taking shortcuts across empty space (except when travelling to a station without "road access", such as is often the case in the Teladi system and in Home of Neon Lights...) meaning that they will go around that problem child along the highways, whereas capital ships boost directly from place to place within a sector, which is what's most likely taking your ships within pot-shot range of that hooch-still...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 17:04

I wonder if station-to-station gunfire is possible. Like, bring in a fleet, suppress all its guns, build 5-6 fully armed stations around it, and let the shooting commence.

EDIT: One of the hacks in the modding forum might allow you to delete said station, or move it, not sure.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 17:11

ajax34i wrote:I wonder if station-to-station gunfire is possible. Like, bring in a fleet, suppress all its guns, build 5-6 fully armed stations around it, and let the shooting commence.
Fun notion :) Make them warehouses and they can be heavily armed up quickly. Or ATFs, so they can include beams and missiles and what-not... Of course, targon tracer upgrades would be high-priority. However, NPC stations tend to "heal" fast OoZ/OoS, so they may still outpace the incoming firepower, while causing attrition to the player-owned siege-stations...
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 17:15

Well if the station could be destroyed I could make it my mission to do so but as it seems that stations are indestructible I am left to try the approach of the M sized traders.

However if there is a script to blacklist sectors I would prefer that approach.

I ll have a look in the mods section.

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 12:44

I'm suffering from that station as well.
Does anyone have a solution already?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 13:07

Reallocating playerstations can be done via savegame edit.
I once got the needed instructions from unitrader, the main point is to find your station and you new build location inside the save.
so far preparations:
rename the station into something unique e.g. "contructionshop to move"
rename the corresponding CV, too.
buy a new cv and start a new building at the target pos, name the CV unique, and DON'T SUPPLY IT WITH RESOURCES OR MONEY, but wait for the building to be started (the red box is gone and you can collide with the skeleton of the new station)

the buildspot looks like <connection connection="buildcon2"> where the number varies between 1 and 7.(here I not 100% sure better ask Unitrader)
find both lines the old and the new spot in your save (Notepad++ and 7zip should be used)
now you exchange the code inside the build spot, so both buildings exchange their position(the offset node may needs to be exchanged to)
now abort the dummy build and you are done.

Code: Select all

<connection connection="buildcon2"><!--here the CV is explained-->
<component class="ship_xl" macro="units_size_xl_builder_ship_ol_macro" connection="build_claim" attackmethod="lowattentionattack" attacktime="1577660.124" name="Konstruktionsschiff OL Solar1" owner="player" id="[0xee76]">
......some lines ........
<offset><!--this is the position relative to the local zone centre-->
<position x="-27207.701" y="-648.345" z="18160.637"/>
<rotation yaw="-13.03692"/>
</offset>
.........MANY LINES..............
</connection>
<connection connection="buildcon2"><!--here the Station is explained-->
<component class="station" macro="struct_bt_ol_solar_power_plant_macro" connection="space" attackmethod="lowattentionattack" attacktime="1614206.151" name="Solarenergiekollektor OL I" owner="player" nameindex="1" id="[0xee91]">
......some lines ........
<offset><!--this is the position relative to the local zone centre-->
<position x="-28461.426" z="23575.195"/>
</offset>
.........MANY LINES..............
</connection>
As this method avoids deleting there shouldn't be any serious bug caused by it if done right.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 16:47

An update in case it may prove useful to others:

I have followed Raven.myst advice (thanks for that), I switched to M sized freighters and, in many hours play, I have not lost any more traders on that route. I assume as Raven stated they do not fly within firing range of that station.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 18:49

:):thumb_up:
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”