CLS and CAG levels

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

CLS and CAG levels

Post by Trevelvis » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 12:58

I have trained up some CLS pilots and now want to replace ships from my stations to do CAG but not sure what the ranks are for both trainings and what levels do the CAG start selling products

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 14:31

Ranks transfer directly, so they should start as a CAG at the same rank they were CLS.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 15:53

That's right - both types start using the jumpdrive at level 4, at which point their rank names start to differ, but that's a purely cosmetic distinction. For the first three levels, they share pilot ranks (apprentice, courier, supplier), but then the equivalences are:

4 = Cargo Messenger (CLS) = Trader (CAG)
5 =Forwarding Agent (CLS) = Dealer (CAG)
6 = Logistician (CLS) = Major Dealer (CAG)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 21:50

To answer the last question, CAGs sell products at rank 2, Courier, just after finishing their apprenticeship (requires 2 hours of flight time).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 22:14

One not-so-obvious tip: never use experienced CLS/CAG pilots as Mk3 traders (ST/LT/UT), or vice versa, as they lose *all* of their piloting skills if you do.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 03:11

Alan Phipps wrote:One not-so-obvious tip: never use experienced CLS/CAG pilots as Mk3 traders (ST/LT/UT), or vice versa, as they lose *all* of their piloting skills if you do.
Altho you /can/ pilot them manually then return them to duties (in TC at least) with no loss of rank

Occasionally I've noticed a swap between similar S(U)T/Cxx pilots happening & associated pilots retain rank, but not enough to confirm the exact circumstances (possibly multi-ship-swapping WRT player?), but in general the above advice holds good!

I don't use UTs as a rule: they're far too squishy for my empires. STs however, esp once fully trained (only way to get them to L25 is promote them to UT, watch them like a hawk, then demote them)..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 05:32

Snafu_X3 wrote:...

STs however, esp once fully trained (only way to get them to L25 is promote them to UT, watch them like a hawk, then demote them)..
Hi,

is there a difference in abilities between L20 and L25?

cu
Rainer

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 13:05

There is in the text, but I'm not sure if that translates to gameplay; I've been looking for independant confirmation one way or another for some years now.. :(
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 19:08

UTs and STs covering 2-3+ sectors will do their deal search by randomly selecting wares, checking profit, and comparing to an acceptable threshold. If no deals are found after some max number of checks, they will wait 10 minutes before retrying. The number of checks is based on the pilot level (50 + 5*level), so higher level pilots should be less likely to fail to find a deal, all the way to level 25.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 5. Dec 17, 00:06

RainerPrem wrote:
Snafu_X3 wrote:...

STs however, esp once fully trained (only way to get them to L25 is promote them to UT, watch them like a hawk, then demote them)..
Hi,

is there a difference in abilities between L20 and L25?

cu
Rainer
I have some notes which state that Level 23+ traders additionally co-ordinate
their trade runs with each other to avoid multiple Traders heading for the same stations..

- the notes are quite old, so I'm not sure if this still applies.. (??)
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 5. Dec 17, 01:45

BugMeister wrote: I have some notes which state that Level 23+ traders additionally co-ordinate
their trade runs with each other to avoid multiple Traders heading for the same stations..
There is a comment at the top of one of the files which states 23 for this, though the actual code checks for trader level 11. Also, it appears the coordination works by just blacklisting the sectors with the selected buy and sell stations for 8 minutes after a deal is selected. This might limit how many sector traders you might want to have running in a small region. (Note: blacklist is only checked by traders level 5+, so it should be safe to start out sector traders in the same area.)

Truthowl
x4

Re:

Post by Truthowl » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 20:32

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 3. Dec 17, 22:14
One not-so-obvious tip: never use experienced CLS/CAG pilots as Mk3 traders (ST/LT/UT), or vice versa, as they lose *all* of their piloting skills if you do.
Thank you @Alan Phipps. I've been wondering WHY my trained pilots kept losing their F`ing minds and starting over experience wise.

@Necro_Police, I know, I know, but F` you. This is extremely relevant and there is no documentation, that I'm aware of, that explains to the end user what will happen if you do a logical thing and transfer a trading pilot from one job to another trading pilot job. Going from CLS/CAG to ST/LT/UT should NOT strip the pilot of all experience.
-------
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7 7800X @ 3.50GHz Skylake-X 14nm Technology
16.0GB Dual-Channel @ 1333MHz (10-10-10-28)
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X299 UD4-CF
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: CLS and CAG levels

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 21:35

@ Truthowl :You're welcome. IIRC, the Mk3 trader scripts were developed within Egosoft and the CLS/CAG scripts were developed by 3rd party modders and later added to the signed Bonus Pack - hence the disconnect.

PS: I am the Necro_Police - and I don't need F'ing. Happy New Year! :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”