What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 20:16

Also Stargate Ark of Truth is free to watch on tubi tv US version. Different countries have different shows so Canada will have different stuff then the US which will have different stuff then the Uk, etc...

https://tubitv.com/movies/389512/starga ... k_of_truth

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 23:37

i'm not entirly convinced by start trek discovery so far, though i'm going to keep watching.

i've completed watching the expanse, which i thought was excellent.

also on netflix, i would say ozark is worth watching.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Tue, 17. Oct 17, 09:59

apogee wrote:i'm not entirly convinced by start trek discovery .
Watched Episode 5 - it's definately trying too hard, list of exceptional Captains included April, Dekker and Pike (Surely something wrong with the timeline here!) . I'm afraid it's slipped to a "watch when really bored after I've rewatched B7,Farscape, TOS and Neighbours "
A flower?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 17. Oct 17, 12:30

Redvers Ganderpoke wrote:I'm afraid it's slipped to a "watch when really bored after I've rewatched...Neighbours "
Jeez. If it's worse than Neighbours it must be God-awful indeed...

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 17. Oct 17, 12:35

Star Wars Rebels cartoon season 1-3 streaming free on Disney now app? Probably US region locked. Just an fyi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/co ... g_free_no/

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Tue, 17. Oct 17, 12:43

pjknibbs wrote:
Redvers Ganderpoke wrote:I'm afraid it's slipped to a "watch when really bored after I've rewatched...Neighbours "
Whilst Redvers' opinion is as valid as anyone elses', I find myself disagreeing strongly. I'm rather enjoying it, and I think they've done a better job of starting it off than any of the previous series.

It has things I don't like, of course (I'm not a massive fan of the Chief Engineer, and I think the make-up artists have gone overboard with the latex, especially for the Klingons!), but it's gripping my attention and making me look forward to each episode.
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Tue, 17. Oct 17, 16:52

Usenko wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
Whilst Redvers' opinion is as valid as anyone elses', I find myself disagreeing strongly. I'm rather enjoying it, and I think they've done a better job of starting it off than any of the previous series.

It has things I don't like, of course (I'm not a massive fan of the Chief Engineer, and I think the make-up artists have gone overboard with the latex, especially for the Klingons!), but it's gripping my attention and making me look forward to each episode.
The trouble I'm having is it seems so contrived and something feels wrong - I can't quite put my finger on it.
If I could convince myself it wasn't called Star Trek I'd probably enjoy it more. My wife and I sat and watched the episode last night and were totally unimpressed. I'll watch it but it won't be on my "must watch" list.
A flower?

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 21:59

Comet tv now has Stargate Atlantis, Andromeda and the Outer Limits on their show list. Comet tv is run like a tv station so there's a schedule. There's also a roku app now for the US I think. US region locked? Works for Los Angeles , California , US servers.

http://www.comettv.com/schedule/?tz=pacific&date=oct+24

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 7. Nov 17, 03:28

It looks like there's a space tv show I never heard of before.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6445112/

It looks like BBC might get it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/scifi/comments ... ror_space/

BBC_Member : For those in the UK this will be shown on BBC four and iPlayer.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 10. Nov 17, 22:30

Star Wars tv series and new trilogy. The tv series might be a Disney streaming service exclusive.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/star-w ... 202611408/

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 07:51

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 17:26

Mindhunter on Netflix is actually really quite good. It's like Criminal Minds: Origins, how the science of the BAU came together.

ST:Disco is being discussed elsewhere, but am watching that.

The Good Place is in an annoying mid-season break.

Criminal Minds - still.

The Walking Dead and I'm still not sure why I continue to do that to myself.

Babylon 5 just started showing on Pick (UK OTA freeview), pilot was Monday, so still right at the beginning. Weeknights at 2000.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 19:13

The Orville season 1 is being cut to 12 episodes with the 13 th episode airing next season. I guess they are doing the Star Trek cliffhanger thing.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-orville ... ode-count/

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 16. Nov 17, 03:43

X files season 11 starting January 3, 2018.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3470191 ... announced/

All 6 episodes of season 12 of Red Dwarf are currently up on Dave tv. That should be the entire season 12 finished.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 16. Nov 17, 13:44

I noticed that Pick TV was showing Babylon 5 the other night starting at the beginning.

Edit

Missed the reference to this further up !!
A flower?

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 04:57

Redvers Ganderpoke wrote:I noticed that Pick TV was showing Babylon 5 the other night starting at the beginning.

Edit

Missed the reference to this further up !!
I think you can still watch the entire Babylon 5 series for free on go90.com . US region locked.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 16:14

burger1 wrote:
I think you can still watch the entire Babylon 5 series for free on go90.com . US region locked.
Why are they still bothering with that? Region locking is pointless. If someone wants to watch something and has sought a legal means but you block them, they will almost certainly still want to watch it, but no longer be interested in said legal means.

It's just pointlessly self defeating.

I wanted to watch Space Milkshake, but the only way was to buy it online. From a website that forbad purchases outside the US.

I was tech aware enough to find a way around their stupid restrictions and buy the movie, because I did want to buy it. Lots of people wouldn't have bothered. I wonder how many sales they've lost because of that decision.

I fail to see why a commercial media enterprise would place active blocks between themselves and customers when media can be seen worldwide anyway.

The movie was worth it, very Red Dwarf like.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 16:37

mrbadger wrote:Why are they still bothering with that? Region locking is pointless.
Media rights are sold based on regions, so one company gets rights to show something in the USA, another in the UK, another in Canada, etc.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 17:46

mrbadger wrote:
burger1 wrote:
Why are they still bothering with that? Region locking is pointless...
They, like many others, are contractually obligated to provide protection for the publication rights they have gained. They must, in order to be able to continue to broadcast the media, actively enforce the publication rights and terms.

Why is it so easy to just find a proxy to use to watch region-locked programming? Because, they're only going to go so far. If they wanted to, they could actively block most known public proxy servers and many commercial proxy address blocks. Sure, some legit customers could get caught up in that, but it'd be a small portion of the total, so it's manageable. But, they're only going to go so far in complying with their contractual obligations... just far enough to be able to prove it in court.

This... I might actually try to watch this:

https://www.history.com/shows/knightfall

I just hope they don't hump a football with it and introduce too much crap. I'd like it to be something like "Vikings", with a lot of it based on history, with a fictional flare. That's my hope, anyway, and I don't really know why I'm hoping the History Channel won't hump a football... I bet they'll put aliens in it. Aliens... in armor. Yeah, they'd do that. :(

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 18. Nov 17, 07:16

Doctor Who 2017 Christmas special teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWxMG- ... e=youtu.be

Return to “Off Topic English”