[4.20 release] FEEDBACK - Trade agent availability - IMPROVED IN HF1 and HF2

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Moncada
xrvr

[4.20 release] FEEDBACK - Trade agent availability - IMPROVED IN HF1 and HF2

Post by Moncada » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 21:19

Since focus have been moved away from walking around on stations is there any plans to change the way we aquire trade agents?

With the less amount of NPC's to small talk to I get the feeling that it takes longer to get a chance for "small talk" than before. So its alot of waiting to get one.
I know there's supposed to be a mission type that give you trade agents but I havent seen any yet in a couple of hours of playing
Maybe increase how common thoose missions are ?

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

Re: Trade agent availability

Post by Bernd » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 23:02

Moncada wrote:Since focus have been moved away from walking around on stations is there any plans to change the way we aquire trade agents?

With the less amount of NPC's to small talk to I get the feeling that it takes longer to get a chance for "small talk" than before. So its alot of waiting to get one.
I know there's supposed to be a mission type that give you trade agents but I havent seen any yet in a couple of hours of playing
Maybe increase how common thoose missions are ?
We are considering to give reward conversations sometimes once you shoot enemies around stations. So that would be similar to the old smalltalk gameplay.
---
-Bernd Lehahn, bernd@egosoft.com

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 30. Jul 17, 14:06

There's a mod for standard XR that allows you to simply buy an NPC's services as a Trade Agent. It's a welcome addition to the game, but not overly immersive as the NPC always agrees - if the appropriate class of NPC - and it's always the same rate.

I like the idea of gaining a Trade Agent as a possible reward for defeating an enemy, possibly it could also be a possible reward when scanning station nodes too? Maybe even the act of delivering a certain quantity of goods - satisfying a high-demand situation if you will - grants a Trade Agent. "We'd like to do more business with you" sort of thing.

However, there is merit for a more cash-rich player to simply be able to leverage their wealth to obtain what they want. So, I would suggest that Trade Agents are able to be bought, like in the XR mod, but the wrapper in which this service is offered needs to be a little more immersed in the game universe.

How about the player being offered a type of Licence? These might be relatively cheap per station licences, or more expensive ones that cover a complete Zone or Sector. How about others that, standing permitting, allow the player to purchase a licence for an entire faction? Or how about such licences being given as a reward for reaching a certain rank with a faction?

I think there are lots of interesting options to explore here, from the very basing paying for a Trade Agent per station, through the gifting of global trade agents for a given faction when relations are high enough. Gaining Trade Agents is such an important part of the Trade game (in XR) that it needs to be far far less painful that the old SmallTalk approach, entertaining as that was the first couple of times.

Please note, I do not have XRVR currently, not got a HMD at the moment, however I am watching developments closely. Additionally, if suggestions here influence "X4" then even better :)

Scoob.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 16:58

Please try the latest version (4.20 HF2), which contains the potential to be rewarded with Trade Agents when killing hostile near stations.

Feedback on the implementation welcome.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 17:09

I have never understood why we do not have different rewards for differing mission types .. trade agents/reputation etc for diplomatic missions and financial for kill/defend station missions.... not complaining though ... :)

duncan idaho
x4

Post by duncan idaho » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 02:38

I'm also concerned about the difficulty of acquiring trade agents in vanilla XRVR. Trade agents are a vital part of a trader's toolbox and I never understood why Egosoft consider them as a luxury rather than a necessity.

I'm afraid I don't consider rewarding trade agents as a rare prize for killing nearby enemy ships as a solution to the issue: are we expected to grind out consumer craft for 30 minutes for every station in the game?

ZacKPloK
x4

Post by ZacKPloK » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 23:37

I think it's still too hard, or let's say annoying to acquire those trade agents. Many stations don't have mass traffic, so you have to go to a platform and wait sometimes a few minutes in front of the one mechanic present.

Also I seem to have noticed you only get these rewards if you're far enough from the station that it is not showing anymore on your small monitor. Because if it is still selected I never got this reward. But this might be coincidence.

Anyway, I never understood why we have to slowly acquire these guys. I mean, stations want to trade, or not? So they should be happy to provide you with their offers. Please, just take a look at the trade agent mods and implement one of their styles, or combine them. Like, if you are neutral you can call the manager and pay him, if you're allied you'll get all updates automatically.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”