EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Litcube's Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic
vukica

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 14. Nov 17, 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Litcube wrote:
Anyone else having these issues? Why aren't they widely reported? Is it because there's only 4 people playing LU?

because improper installation?

memeics

PostPosted: Tue, 14. Nov 17, 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@zanosg I never used the "Attack all enemies" command on a capital ship in X3 so I cannot comment how it works in vanilla vs LU but what about the "attack enemy" command, does that seem to work correctly?

zanosg

PostPosted: Tue, 14. Nov 17, 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

memeics wrote:
@zanosg I never used the "Attack all enemies" command on a capital ship in X3 so I cannot comment how it works in vanilla vs LU but what about the "attack enemy" command, does that seem to work correctly?

Nope. Even move to or follow seem to place ships out in deep space. They just drift off no matter what command I give them. I have played vanilla for years and thats fine. I never had any ships fly off like that. I guess Ill just uninstall this mod and move onto something else. And people commenting improper installation, oh please. I have installed this mod like 5-6 times so far by following wiki instructions to a t. Each time is a same story.

memeics

PostPosted: Tue, 14. Nov 17, 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Does the capital ship in question have any other objects (ships, stations, gate etc) nearby? How far is their target? If you get the ship details screen ("u" key) up after ordering the ship to attack, what do you see as the current orders/tasks while it seems to be drifting away from its target?

The ideal scenario is:
- get a capital ship (no main guns, M7 and bigger) at some position in empty space (no other object nearby in about 10km around it)
- order it to attack an enemy ship (that is >10km away) and that is relatively in front of it (so it doesn't have to do wide turns)

If in this scenario it's not moving towards the target then something is definitely broken and it would help to post savegame that reproduces this issue (in the above setup) and full list of mods and installation order.

metleiche

PostPosted: Wed, 15. Nov 17, 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hey Guys!

Im fairly new to the mod and just found out about the Trade Product Search.

But its not working Sad Sad

Whenever i open it (via console command of my own ship) its only does work for Factories and Docks. When i select anything not-station-y, nothing happens.
The bar with "search for best buy" just doesnt appear.

Only if i click a station something changes, i can chose the race and then there is a "search for best buy" option available. Nothing like that with Ore or Weapons or Shields or anything really, it just gets highlighted and i cant go on from there.

What am i doing wrong? Or if it is a bug, how can i fix it?
Googling didnt turn out anything.

I will try to reinstall it as cleanly as i can since im not very far into the game yet, but maybe someone can tell me what im doing wrong already Razz

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Wed, 15. Nov 17, 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Bad boy answer: look at the encyclopedia, it tells you what software you need to run a command.

Good boy answer: you must have the Best buys/selling locator softwares.

metleiche

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Nov 17, 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ahhh yeah now it works thanks a lot!

Its pretty plausible that the locator software is needed but the encyclopedia only says "Trade Command Software Mk1+2 and Trading System Extension".

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Nov 17, 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

metleiche wrote:
Ahhh yeah now it works thanks a lot!

Its pretty plausible that the locator software is needed but the encyclopedia only says "Trade Command Software Mk1+2 and Trading System Extension".

You're right indeed... I thought in this rich intellectual world, at least encyclopedias knew the truth... but no.

ShadowRouge

PostPosted: Fri, 17. Nov 17, 06:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

hello so i have a question I have a couple and I mean like 30 or more SCH operating but I'm at the point where my 100 SCH don't have sufficient ore/silicon in a sector to do it. Example Seizewell total ore 800 but combined silicon 140 only. Is there a way to setup the SCH without the ore or silicon and I can just make a SCH in a different sector solely for ore/silicon and send it to the other SCH as it's secondary resource. I know about the Plutarch tractor beam/jump but that seems unrealistic in my role play game.

Blue A10

PostPosted: Fri, 17. Nov 17, 07:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ShadowRouge wrote:
hello so i have a question I have a couple and I mean like 30 or more SCH operating but I'm at the point where my 100 SCH don't have sufficient ore/silicon in a sector to do it. Example Seizewell total ore 800 but combined silicon 140 only. Is there a way to setup the SCH without the ore or silicon and I can just make a SCH in a different sector solely for ore/silicon and send it to the other SCH as it's secondary resource. I know about the Plutarch tractor beam/jump but that seems unrealistic in my role play game.

I don't think there's a way to do this as you describe it. SCHs as I understand it are just a station with the outputs of the selected product and excess energy cells, so you can't give it any sort of resources to use. Game logic has them not require anything to produce beyond the setup costs, they just produce without consuming.

The Plutarch Tractor System is the easiest way to solve your problem, but I can understand your role play concerns. Maybe someone could offer an acceptable explanation/backstory for how it works for you to use?

EDIT: From the wiki, if you haven't seen it.
Quote:

The Teladi, well known for manipulating trade sector station and gate arrangements to increase trade profits, have recently assisted in the development of a highly capable device to further the trend. The development was a joint contract, with research assistance from the Plutarch Mining Corporation's research division and NMMC's capable funding capital. Due to maintaining most of the logistics control throughout the duration of the project, Plutarch was able to win the brand name on the technology with surprisingly little negotiation. The Plutarch Tractor System is a technology that allows the ship to instantly jump an entire asteroid to known coordinates. Through calibration of tractor beam technology and small expendable jump drives the tractor system is capable of sending the asteroid to any point in the known Universe. A notable application of the system is a precise amalgamation of two asteroids, essentially combining their yields. The device comes with a cost: huge amounts of quantum tubes, energy cells, and crystals are required to fabricate the large quantity of jumpdrive probes required for the procedure.

memeics

PostPosted: Fri, 17. Nov 17, 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ShadowRouge, if you don't want to use the Plutarch Tractor System then scout the universe really well, there are a few sectors that have huge concentrations of asteroids, enough to setup multiple of the biggest SCH possible. The fact that you will have your industry spread out (instead of concentrated in a single place after moving asteroids there) will potentially add a bit of challenge to the game, having to defend multiple locations from enemies.

VincentTH

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 18. Nov 17, 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

memeics wrote:
Does the capital ship in question have any other objects (ships, stations, gate etc) nearby? How far is their target? If you get the ship details screen ("u" key) up after ordering the ship to attack, what do you see as the current orders/tasks while it seems to be drifting away from its target?

The ideal scenario is:
- get a capital ship (no main guns, M7 and bigger) at some position in empty space (no other object nearby in about 10km around it)
- order it to attack an enemy ship (that is >10km away) and that is relatively in front of it (so it doesn't have to do wide turns)

If in this scenario it's not moving towards the target then something is definitely broken and it would help to post savegame that reproduces this issue (in the above setup) and full list of mods and installation order.

I believe it is just X3's collision avoidance codes. If there is something close to the ship it will try to evade the obstacle. Just get out of the sector, and the big ship will be on its attack run. Jump back in when it is about to engage its target.