[X3 AP] How to get plot rewards without playing through the plot?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Thrake
x3ap

[X3 AP] How to get plot rewards without playing through the plot?

Post by Thrake » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 21:37

I'd like to give a go to a Yaki playthrough and just grab richies from piracy... This excludes good relationship with factions required to play the plot. I'm open to any (fast) suggestion including getting the modified tag. I already completed the old plot so son't want to do it again.

Didn't play since 3.0 so not sure what I would be missing reward-wise and the wiki wasn't very helpful in this reguard.

I also remember I tried a pirate playthrough but faced problems, like staying with positive relationship with a faction (since attacking other factions in their territory meant everyone would turn red eventually) but I guess that I can still stay friendly with pirates (if I only let them be), right? With a HQ I could board and retrofit ships, maybe getting weapons and such could be tough but pirate bases would sell some for the begining and later on I could probably buy stations through hacking to eventually supply common needs. Moving around systems would be tough as pirate systems are spread but I could certainly find a way to get my hands on a jump drive.

Is there anything else that would prevent such a playthrough? Been a while since my last playthrough!

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 21:46

One possible plotreward are pirate weapon factories sold at the yaki sy, which you will surely miss, and of cause HQ&HUB the rest isn't that interesting for a pirate.
You will miss software most, I wrote a script, that lets you make you own.*signature*
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Thrake
x3ap

Post by Thrake » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 23:16

The softwares for AI ships? That's right, I had forgotten about them.

Maybe I'm stupid but didn't found the link you mentionned in the X3 link in nexus. Now that said I could probably do something with the Yaki station mod to get it to spawn in a new game. I'll have to look at it.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 12. Nov 17, 23:59

My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 30. Nov 17, 01:04

there is a link in my sig, i hope it works still, for setting up custom starts..but modding really is catered for in another forum

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”