EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[X3TC] Gaining Yaki rep
View previous topic :: View next topic
jlehtone

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 00:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

amoe wrote:
Do you actually get rep from killing Paranid in Savage Spur?

Unlikely, since it isn't marked as Yaki sector.

However, it should be trivial to hire a Paranid TL "for moving something", tell it to fly to Ocracoke, reveal that its services are no longer required, and then amuse the Yaki with some fireworks.

The Paranid do fly to Ocracoke, if you pay them to do so.

ubuntufreakdragon

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 00:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I would recommend crashing the TL with a M2 instead of shooting it.

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist
jlehtone

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 00:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

But will you gain same amount of reputation? Ramming smaller ships (in X3AP) did gain nothing, but shooting them did improve reputation.

Snafu_X3

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 02:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

As others have mentioned, there are Yaki combat missions (usually vs Paranid, so choose Argon sectors preferentially) available from random Yaki ships scattered around the sectors. Doing enough of these should raise Yaki rep high enough that you can accept Build missions from their SY; once you're there you're golden, as Build missions provide the highest rep boost per mission with no loss to you

Hiring Paranid TLs & luring them into Yaki space, then destroying them STM to be a cheesy way to gain rep, but your choice..

If you encounter a Paranid fleet heading into Yaki space by all means destroy all you can

Once you have the Yaki docking rights, bung an EQD or similar capship-capable dock near the gate; this can be used as a holding area for 'rescuing' abandoned capoships you may wish to press into service later

See Wiki notes in my sig

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) Cool DxDiag
amoe

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 02:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The problem with the mission approach is that I never seem to get offered missions from the Yaki. I never get any when I'm hanging out in their sectors, and I only see them very rarely outside of their sectors, so I don't have much chance to gain rep through doing missions.

RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 03:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

amoe wrote:
The problem with the mission approach is that I never seem to get offered missions from the Yaki. I never get any when I'm hanging out in their sectors, and I only see them very rarely outside of their sectors, so I don't have much chance to gain rep through doing missions.

Oddly enough, since this thread popped up, I've been seeing Yaki ships offering missions all over the place, far more frequently than I remember ever seeing them (perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention, previously.) Every time I enter a new sector, I give the game a few seconds to generate whatever it might feel like, then I scroll through the ship list, looking for "pre-owned" bargains, and find combat missions aplenty with surprising regularity (of course, not all of them are from Yaki, but a considerable portion of them are.) It may be that you are looking too soon, perhaps? (ie. not "giving it a few seconds" after entry?) Just to give you an estimate: I'm noticing several Yaki combat missions per hour. [Hmmm, a thought occurs to me: perhaps the frequency of offered missions is proportional to current standing - maybe a lower standing would result in fewer missions; it's plausible...]

Snafu_X3 wrote:
...Build missions provide the highest rep boost per mission with no loss to you...

Once you have improved your standing enough to receive standard missions from them, this would be the way I'd go to take it farther. As Snafu says, by far the fastest way to gain rep, with no counterbalancing rep loss, and you potentially create more customers/suppliers for yourself, as well as additional mission-giver sites (should this be of relevance to you.)

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
Timsup2nothin

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 04:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yaki offering missions usually aren't in Yaki sectors. They are flying around.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!
TheDeliveryMan

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

amoe wrote:
Actually I already have a space fuel complex in Senator's Badlands, but it doesn't help much. It does make some money, but the Yaki are mostly able to kill people who enter the sector before I can reach them. As far as I can tell the Yaki themselves don't trade with it at all, only couriers from other races.

The Yaki don't have any traders. Also, other NPC races are not allowed to dock at Yaki stations. If you are on good terms with them you are the only one who can ever trade with their stations. You essentially have a trade monopoly there and can dictate prices. Take advantage of it Smile

amoe

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Well, that makes me wonder whether Yaki have any non-Yaki sectors that they 'prefer' to enter, or if the game just spawns them randomly. I can't say that I observed any pattern to the sectors that they enter, but you could imagine that they might avoid Paranid sectors, or maybe the opposite -- deliberately invade Paranid sectors looking for a fight.

amoe

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

OK, I feel that I should apologize now -- After looking more closely, I was able to find some spare Yaki offering me combat missions. FWIW, I found them in Three Worlds (twice) and Teladi Gain. It took me 3 combat missions to get docking rights in Senators Badlands. So -- thanks for the help, everyone, and I should learn to be more patient. Wink

Timsup2nothin

PostPosted: Sat, 11. Nov 17, 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

amoe wrote:
Well, that makes me wonder whether Yaki have any non-Yaki sectors that they 'prefer' to enter, or if the game just spawns them randomly. I can't say that I observed any pattern to the sectors that they enter, but you could imagine that they might avoid Paranid sectors, or maybe the opposite -- deliberately invade Paranid sectors looking for a fight.

They are outlaws looking to hire thugs to take out trade convoys, so in terms of 'making sense' one sector is as good as another no matter who owns it. In practice I have never noticed any pattern to where they appear.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!