My First M6

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

My First M6

Post by Trevelvis » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 12:33

I just bought my first M6 and was wondering what’s the best weapons to use as own ship fighting and Sector patrol. It’s the Skiron. I have medium rep so can use most weapons but not all. There are 8 main turrets with 2 right and left and 2 back. Thanks

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 13:46

Depends on how close you like to get. If you don't mind closing in, 2 Plasma Burst Generators and 6 Concussion Impulse Generators mean that even if you get something trying to ram you, you can burn their faces off. If you'd rather hang back, all CIG's is probably the better option.

I like to put either Particle Accelerator Cannons, or Phased Repeater Guns around the turrets.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 14:49

My approach tends to be for mid-range assault: I put HEPTs in the front, and PACs or PRGs in the turrets; the PRGs are particularly good for shooting down incoming missiles, and in pairs they dish out respectable damage against small targets anyway. Also, PRGs in the turrets are good if you plan on boarding other ships, as you can use them to suppress the target's shields, and when you disable them you stop inflicting damage pretty much immediately.

Nice choice of ship, btw :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 22:41

I use PACs in turrets. They don't use up as much energy as PRGs and they kill missles at least as good. They're cheaper and easier to obtain, too.
For main guns I tend to use HEPTs. Using mediocre firepower keeps me from getting overexcited and doing stupid things. Though, PBGs are pretty useful if you're after fighters.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 23:19

Since I take great joy from getting overexcited and doing stupid things I use as many CIGs as my M6 can maintain sustained fire with for a reasonable period. The rest I fill with PACs for whacking freighters and scouts and such, and in the turrets I also use PACs.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

[FFCW]Urizen
x4

Post by [FFCW]Urizen » Fri, 3. Nov 17, 23:46

I used to equip my Skiron with CIGs in the front and PRGs or EBCs in the turrets.
Insanity is just another form of brilliance!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 5. Nov 17, 09:59

I've never used a Skiron, so cannot tell what fits it. PAC in turret is ok. (My ship(s) cannot mount PRG. Hence cannot comment.)

I have set the fourth weapon group to have just one active hardpoint and carry additional Tractor Beam and PBE (one of each). When needed (not often), I swap and activate that one gun slot. (Skiron does not take PBE ... PBE is for tickling weak targets to bail. PAC or PRG?)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 5. Nov 17, 10:14

When in doubt, Google Roguey's (Name of Ship), that's how I do it.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 5. Nov 17, 15:13

Triaxx2 wrote:When in doubt, Google Roguey's (Name of Ship), that's how I do it.
I do usually "X3AP <shipname>" and end up in x3wiki.com, but also explicitly browse to seizewell.de.

Anyone can read tables, but personal experience can tell what the plain numbers don't. On the other hand, personal experience is subjective and thus not always comparable.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 13:25

I mean for telling which guns mount on which ship, since Roguey has a nice easy to read layout, and the mountings separated into individual turrets.

aussieDave
x3tc

Post by aussieDave » Wed, 6. Dec 17, 03:25

Hi, I haven't been around for a while but IIRC for a personal M6;

What I use is HEPTs in 6 of the front slots (early game as they are cheap and pack a big punch) upgrading to CIGs later when I have more cash. This allows me good fire-power against M3 and bigger ships. The remaining two slots I'll use PACs early game and PBEs later for M5/4 and capping.

The remaining bays I'll use PACs as they are cheap and effective set to Missile Defense so if no missiles are incoming they will attack any ship that is attacking.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”