About Gates

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

About Gates

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 07:25

How can a ship that you're attacking fly through the gate and come out behind it if it turns red? And go to next sector if it stays blue?

How is it that the pirates are custodians of the gates, when some of your shots hit the gate? "Pirates will hunt you down."
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 07:37

If you shoot a gate the warning message that you are given is keyed to the sector "owner" as shown on the map. So if you hit a gate in a pirate sector you get the pirate warning message. (Note to self, next time I have my own sector shoot a gate and see what it says.)

As to the odd passage through the gate...I'd guess the transition to "enemy" status is happening at just the moment when the "collision" with the gate surface is happening and confuses the gate trigger. I've seen some other things trip up that gate trigger and lead to a ship passing through, though I can't think right now of exactly what those things were. It's a rare confluence of events, for sure.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 07:46

Timsup2nothin wrote:If you shoot a gate the warning message that you are given is keyed to the sector "owner" as shown on the map. So if you hit a gate in a pirate sector you get the pirate warning message. (Note to self, next time I have my own sector shoot a gate and see what it says.)

As to the odd passage through the gate...I'd guess the transition to "enemy" status is happening at just the moment when the "collision" with the gate surface is happening and confuses the gate trigger. I've seen some other things trip up that gate trigger and lead to a ship passing through, though I can't think right now of exactly what those things were. It's a rare confluence of events, for sure.
i think aside from owners, any race that has trading stations will be warn of the attack in the sector. My own trading station got attack warning when those numbskull pirates threw a stray PPC on the gate.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 1. Nov 17, 19:53

Timsup2nothin wrote:If you shoot a gate the warning message that you are given is keyed to the sector "owner" as shown on the map. So if you hit a gate in a pirate sector you get the pirate warning message. (Note to self, next time I have my own sector shoot a gate and see what it says.)

If you use the Turbo Booster from the Split when passing through a gate, you won't trigger it, either, but just pass on through. In other words, traveliing too fast through the gate doesn't give it enough time to trigger.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”