Ideal setup for chip plant complex

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

Ideal setup for chip plant complex

Post by Trevelvis » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 08:43

Sorry I really struggle with working out what factories to supply different needs. I want to build a closed loop for chip plant. I read somewhere that a large food factory would supply 5 chip plants but apart from that haven't a clue. Thanks

I have tried looking for a complex builder but all links seem to be dead ?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 09:59

Here's one piece of the puzzle for you: for each L food factory, use also one L farm of the type that supplies it (cattle ranch if making cahoonas, for example)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 10:17

RAVEN.myst wrote:Here's one piece of the puzzle for you: for each L food factory, use also one L farm of the type that supplies it (cattle ranch if making cahoonas, for example)
Thanks but that’s probably the simplest one, I need more how much SPP XL provides for, how many Crystal fabs for that also Silicon and any other factories needed for Chip Plant loop

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 10:31

Use the online complex calculator ( Link ), originally designed by em3e3, now hosted by a kind, unknown member of the x3-community.
The original complex calculator is still accessible using the wayback machine. see https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 91#4672791.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 11:32

Thanks for online calculator that works 👌

Guess I need to find sectors with plenty Silicon for each race as seems to be only raw materials needed, Thanks All

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 12:41

If you are really willing to invest credits (and time ...) into large complexes for MicroChips-supply during the Hub-plot, I can give you some more advice:

Some of the Border-Sectors are full of asteroids. You can make them into Silicon-producing Megaplexes and Silicon-Stores at the same time!

Put an L-Siliconmine (or bigger, if modded game) on ANY Asteroid in that sector. Yes, all Silicon asteroids and all Ore asteroids.
It might be neccessary to tow the most remote mines closer (< 20 km) to the majority of mines.
Now you can start to connect all those mines. Consider that you can make several complexes that connect two or more mines. Unless those Complex Centers stay within a 25-km-distance from other CC, you will be able to connect all CCs and therefore all asteroids/mines to ONE big Complex.
This complex will produce Silicon in the usual fast way (depending on the roid of those Silicon-astros) and in a SLOW way (on all ORE-asteroids).

Main advantage: This Complex has the enormous storing quantity of xx Silicon-L-mines on every asteroid instead of only yy-mines on the Silicon-asteroids.

In my main (Vanilla-)game I built several Silicon-Sector-Complexes as a steady supply for the 70'000-MC-production in several large MC-plexes. 14 hours 30 after the MC-part of the HUB-plot had started, my freighters delivered the last MC to the Hub.

This was about 8 years ago but I think I am still proud of it :mrgreen:

Bill Huntington
x3tc

answer

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 15:21

You haven't said if it's TC or AP. Assuming it's TC and you need chips for the HUB plot, I'd advise the biggest self contained complex you can build for Barren Shores. If you build it early you'll be producing and saving a lot of chips well before they're needed. And it still won't be enough!

I usually leave Barren Shores just producing chips while I shift production of other complexes to do the initial things.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Trevelvis
xr

Re: answer

Post by Trevelvis » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 15:39

Bill Huntington wrote:You haven't said if it's TC or AP. Assuming it's TC and you need chips for the HUB plot, I'd advise the biggest self contained complex you can build for Barren Shores. If you build it early you'll be producing and saving a lot of chips well before they're needed. And it still won't be enough!

I usually leave Barren Shores just producing chips while I shift production of other complexes to do the initial things.
To be honest I haven’t started the plot yet, and these are my first factories I am trying. I plan to build 5 chip plant complexes for each of main races.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 16:09

Trevelvis wrote: To be honest I haven’t started the plot yet, and these are my first factories I am trying. I plan to build 5 chip plant complexes for each of main races.
Hi,

you're planning big... You should start the plot as early as possible since it'll take very long, and you can use its benefits soon.

cu
Rainer

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 16:42

RainerPrem wrote:
Trevelvis wrote: To be honest I haven’t started the plot yet, and these are my first factories I am trying. I plan to build 5 chip plant complexes for each of main races.
Hi,

you're planning big... You should start the plot as early as possible since it'll take very long, and you can use its benefits soon.

cu
Rainer
I wasn’t sure what ship to use when doing plot so left it until have choices if I struggled at some point but planning to start as soon as built some factories

Have decided on Antigone Memorial,Hollow Infinity, Spring Of Belief, Rhonkers Trial or Tkr's Deprivation and Mines of Fortune for my 5 Complexes for each race. Thanks again for help
Ps Its TC lol

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 17:47

Trevelvis wrote:Guess I need to find sectors with plenty Silicon for each race as seems to be only raw materials needed
The Hub plot ... might require some Silicon and Ore too.

I did try to avoid building althogether and rely on NPC production. Buying and hoarding in advance as much as possible.

For the Mineral requests, I did set up a fleet of mobile miners. Some three sectors, with ~10 TS miners in each. Some logistics ships did haul the product to the Hub automatically.

By the time of the Chip request, that fleet had no plot-demand. Since my patience was exhausted, I simply did build several Chip Plants (in three "Complexes", three Food types). Each Chip "Complex" did buy ECells and local Food from NPC and the mining fleets did supply the Wafers.

The point is, that (1) there are more than one source of resources and (2) ships can haul cargo (a tradeoff between having everything in "good place" and distributing with ships).

The approach of starting early is good. Likewise, building on all (friendly) races is good (unless one suddenly wants to pick up a fight with some race).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”