[XBTF] Using TL's

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Legionos
x3tc

[XBTF] Using TL's

Post by Legionos » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 14:46

Had a search and couldn't find if my specific issue had been covered before.

Is it possible to hire multiple TL's at a time and then transport multiple stations?

It seemed like I was able to hire both Split Elephants but now in Family Pride at the Shipyard there's only space to purchase 1 station.

When I went back out to double check, the TL I hired in Family pride had the dialogue to either dismiss or dock at same station as me, and the TL I hired in Thuruks Beard had the dialogue to dismiss or drop my cargo.

Docked back in the Shipyard and still no ability to buy a 2nd station, the FP TL is right next to the station so it's not a distance issue.

I'm wondering if I've bugged it out myself somehow, or if it's always been a thing you cant do.

Which is annoying as I was planning on having a 4 TL convoy to Paranid Space.

Cheers

Raztax
x4

Post by Raztax » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 14:58

Are you sure that the TL hired in Family Pride is docked at the shipyard?
When you click Landed Ships at the shipyard does it show both TLs as being docked there?

I have never tried hiring more than 1 TL and now have my own, but I don't see why it would not be possible.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 16:40

I had two hired in Seizewell, but they were inconveniently social with each other and thus giving orders was almost impossible. I think I eventually lured them to a round-trip of multiple sectors to get them a bit apart.

Never again.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 17:03

So no matter in what order I hired the split TL's, (or both at the same time), the Shipyard was definitely not accepting that there was a 2nd hired TL to purchase a station with.

I went on my merry way with one Split TL in tow, got to Ceo's Sprite and hired the Teladi TL (gotta try this again). Then at Seizewell I was able to load up the Teladi TL no problem. Hired the 2nd Teladi TL and again had no problem.

So maybe it's a specific bug with the Split TL's.

I trundled down to Argon Prime with 1 Split TL and 2 Teladi TL's in tow. Hired the Argon TL and again had no problem buying a station at the Shipyward.

Weird eh

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 05:01

does the TL already have a cargo in bay or has a destination pathed?

Raztax
x4

Post by Raztax » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 14:53

Legionos wrote:So no matter in what order I hired the split TL's, (or both at the same time), the Shipyard was definitely not accepting that there was a 2nd hired TL to purchase a station with.

I went on my merry way with one Split TL in tow, got to Ceo's Sprite and hired the Teladi TL (gotta try this again). Then at Seizewell I was able to load up the Teladi TL no problem. Hired the 2nd Teladi TL and again had no problem.

So maybe it's a specific bug with the Split TL's.

I trundled down to Argon Prime with 1 Split TL and 2 Teladi TL's in tow. Hired the Argon TL and again had no problem buying a station at the Shipyward.

Weird eh
That is weird. For science I would try hiring two TL's again, both from the same race but something other than Split. I wonder if it is some weird bug with the Split TLs or just trying to hire two of the same race?

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Thu, 19. Oct 17, 22:56

I think I recreated the bug again, and it seems to be when you hire both race TL's at the same time and then this bug cascades even if you re-load and only hire one at a time.

So after dropping off the Argon and Split stations in Argon Prime, I doubled back (with the two Teladi TL's in tow) and went to Kingdom End, hired the Boron TL and successfully bought a Boron station.

Next I traveled down to Paranid Prime with all 3 TL's in tow and then dropped all three stations there.

Went on my merry way for a few jumps, and then decided I wanted to take some Paranid stations back north to Boron space. At this point I went and found the two Teladi TL's (who were going to path through Xenon space, oops) and re-hired them both.

Got to the Paranid Shipyard and the same bug occurred. No matter what I did, dismissing the non-loaded TL and changing system or re-loading, re-loading and only hiring one, buying and then hiring the second. The bug persisted.

However, hiring the Paranid TL suddenly allowed me to purchase a new station, and that station loaded into the Paranid TL and not the Teladi TL (if i kept it hired) that was bugged.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”