[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 12:22

BlackArchon wrote:
You have linked the special LU version of zanzal's great "Ship browser" script - the default version works fine for XRM, which can be found here: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 19#4341419
Thank you! Will try it out immediately. :thumb_up:

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 11:52

It's been a long time since XRM was released but I haven't been playing X3 for years. This is my first try with XRM and I must say "Thank you. Good Job!". First I tried XTC but it quickly got boring because there isn't anything happening around the universe and all ships and weapons have been made more than less equal. In XRM there is lots of action and ships and weapon systems are varying a lot. Only the Khaak are completely overpowered in XRM but this can easily be corrected. ;)

Still, there is something bugging me:
paulwheeler wrote: PLOTS - For Terran Conflict all the plots are available.
I found out too late that this isn't true. I'm using version 1.30d of XRM with X3TC. I started as OTAS Operative and the Terran Plot gets disabled by XRM at game start. Is there a reason why this isn't mentioned in the opening post? I would like to enable it again but so far in the game I fear that it breaks things (all race sectors mapped, ATF rank 7, all other races 8, Final Fury started).

PS: Something worth mentioning in the list of recommended scripts is Gazz' OOS Combat Rebalance. This is a must have for anyone using OWPs. Per default they don't do anything OOS so I always had to jump to the sector to make them fire at attackers which quickly got annoying.

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Mon, 16. Oct 17, 11:03

Hi guys,can you tell me if mk3 traders is profitable??because jumpdrive cost 2m,trade software 3m,and military scanner(triplex) another 1,4m,total almost 8m and ship value..its recomended mk3 or only stations??

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 16. Oct 17, 19:15

Of course MK3 traders will be profitable one day, but it takes quite a while longer because of the increased costs of the jumpdrive and the MK3 software. I usually avoid MK3 traders in XRM because of this. In the end, you can earn a million credits by destroying an single enemy M6 with a bounty, or you can wait several ingame days for an MK3 trader to earn this money. The choice is yours. :)

bizbag
x3tc

Post by bizbag » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 05:18

I'm having some trouble progressing Operation Loose Ends, running XRM. The attached picture HERE shows my issue; it tells me to enter a Nova but won't progress beyond that despite me being in a Nova. I googled the issue but only came across a board in a language I cannot read.

lolcat
x3tc

Post by lolcat » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 06:45

Waladil wrote:I'm having a weird bug(?) with XRM.

Pirate Mammoths. Pirate Mammoths EVERYWHERE.

I'm seeing "wings" of four PMs led by a single Nova, and Hatikvah's Faith has something like 12-15 of them hanging around.

This is a fresh game, OTAS Operative start.

Expected behavior?

<snip>
Heya.. so I am entirely new, doing xrm + Tcap missions.. and started as terran. I am doing the pirate scan mission atm, and unlike vanilla, I have sooo many mammoths all over the sectors.. and now if I try to scan the ship I get a gazillion missiles and shotsfrom mammoths blowing me out from the sky every time :/

Is this how it is meant to be or is it a tships conflict or?

Also, the stock exchange is such a game ruiner innit? from AP? On my first game, TC humble merchant after 3 long days i had maybe 7-10 mill something in assets, whereas after a little hour on the stock I have 13 mill :/

What's the point of doing anything, like missions, capping, anything? ;p

Ah well.. I bought a kestrel and fully upgraded it but these missiles.....

:/ I kinda feel this xrm coul dbe awesome but ye, I wonder if virtually every sector is meant to have 5-10 mammoths battling away and blowing up constantly.. not to mention attacking me 90% of the time.

ADDENDUM: EL OH EL!! I found a cute, little quiet place on the pirate base itself I could hide my little kestrel long enough to scan... but in my joyous vigour, I accelerated a bit all too fast and blew up on the pirate base's hull doh.

20 reloads in and just nowhere near not getting blown up again from missiles sigh. There is too much in the world to keep reloading , especially in such a long, deep game. pff. Back to Tetris.
MARS'? incoming missile sound sounds like Marilyn Monroe farting at a cinema [not too loudly], going woo , wooo, wooo, wooo. <3

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 08:23

Mammoths all over the place is indeed a faulty install of a mod. I looked for info on it but im not finding anything. Either way its the result of a faulty install

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 09:48

My guess is that your tships file is not correct (i.e. you are using the vanilla tships file). The games tjobs file (responsible for setting up NPC ships) is trying to reference some ships, the game can't find them, so it subs in just the ship at the top of the list (Which is the mammoth)

Specifically, you need to ensure that you did the fake patching correct, copying the cat+dat files to the ADDON folder for AP, the normal folder for TC and that you have renamed the files correctly. (i.e. the next available number)

It is probably safer to follow all the steps again thou paying special attention to when it says to copy to the TC folder, vs the addon (AP) folder

onslow77

Post by onslow77 » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 21:08

Hello!

I have X3AP with XRM installed and am wondering where I put the script from the "Hull Addon Pack"?

in:

.../X3 Terran Conflict/scripts

or:

.../X3 Terran Conflict/addon/scripts

Regards
Martin

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 31. Oct 17, 21:26

onslow77 wrote:Hello!

I have X3AP with XRM installed and am wondering where I put the script from the "Hull Addon Pack"?

in:

.../X3 Terran Conflict/scripts

or:

.../X3 Terran Conflict/addon/scripts

Regards
Martin
If you just wanted to start a new game with the hull pack, you don't need this script at all. Otherwise to AP's directory: .../X3 Terran Conflict/addon/scripts

JSalzbrunn
x4

Post by JSalzbrunn » Sun, 5. Nov 17, 18:53

Still enjoying this mod. Best Mod ever! :D

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Fri, 17. Nov 17, 03:31

I bundled together a bunch of scripts/mods that I'm using for my latest XRM playthrough. The idea behind this was to have a quick and easy drag/drop installation for XRM including a bunch of helpful scripts/mods.

Feel free to message me if you have any feedback for this (I've done minimal testing) or you feel I left something out.

Also, Paul if you don't want this posted here let me know and I will remove it.

Here is a list of mods/scripts included

Download Here (Google Drive)
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Raistlain
x4

Post by Raistlain » Tue, 21. Nov 17, 06:29

Loving this mod but having an issue with the PHQ. I tried searching the thread for the info but it is too long and I can not seem to find the right keywords for the search.

I am trying to produce ships in the PHQ and have noticed that even Commonwealth ships require Terran goods before they can be built but Terran ships do not require Commonwealth goods. Does anyone know if this ever got patched/know what I need to do to fix this? I am currently at war with the Terrans and have no desire to end it to get factories to build non-Terran ships.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 12:46

Hey all is this version of XRM compatible with the latest AP version. Thanks :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 16:22

NighTragE wrote:Hey all is this version of XRM compatible with the latest AP version. Thanks :)
No problems here. :)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 24. Nov 17, 19:18

NighTragE wrote:Hey all is this version of XRM compatible with the latest AP version. Thanks :)
It works just fine

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 11:00

Raistlain wrote:Loving this mod but having an issue with the PHQ. I tried searching the thread for the info but it is too long and I can not seem to find the right keywords for the search.

I am trying to produce ships in the PHQ and have noticed that even Commonwealth ships require Terran goods before they can be built but Terran ships do not require Commonwealth goods. Does anyone know if this ever got patched/know what I need to do to fix this? I am currently at war with the Terrans and have no desire to end it to get factories to build non-Terran ships.
My guess is that this is defined in "types\hq.pck". If you compare the vanilla hq.pck with the XRM hq.pck you will notice that XRM has a lot more data in it.

What puzzles me most are the "<factor racemask="0"..." entries for Water, Terran MRE and Hull Plating. I guess "racemask=0" means "all races". My suggestion is to mod this file with X3 Editor 2 and remove these lines (after making a backup of the original file of course). This way only Terran and ATF ships should require these resources.

edit: I was curious so I tested the change myself. It works. Just remove the "racemask=0" lines from the three Terran resource types. For testing I tried to build a Nova.

No more incorrect resource requirements:

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 05:18

Anybody else having issues with XRM now after the update? Different Races lost their corporations (ex. MMNC Showrooms are now Argon ship yards and they only sell torpados), some ships went missing entirely in the universe...

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 21:57

Lone Machete wrote:Anybody else having issues with XRM now after the update? Different Races lost their corporations (ex. MMNC Showrooms are now Argon ship yards and they only sell torpados), some ships went missing entirely in the universe...
I just did a fresh install of X3:AP 3.3, followed by XRM 1.30d. Starting in Kingdom End (as Boring Boron), I flew to Antigone Memorial and the Showroom there seems normal. Maybe you should consider a clean fresh install?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”