EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

X3R Odin class hangar (Created ship)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Reven

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 9. Oct 17, 04:38    Post subject: X3R Odin class hangar (Created ship) Reply with quote Print

All resources indicate the Odin class has capacity to hold 40 ships in X3R. Nothing seems to actually be able to dock with it. Is this 40 ship capacity only available in a mod?

Ex Turbo Modestum
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Mon, 9. Oct 17, 05:49    Post subject: Re: X3R Odin class docks Reply with quote Print

Reven wrote:
All resources indicate the Odin class has capacity to hold 40 ships in X3R. Nothing seems to actually be able to dock with it. Is this 40 ship capacity only available in a mod?

Only fighters can dock at that ship (and almost all [*] other carriers) - M5, M4, M4+ M3, M3+.

[*] The exceptions:
- Aran can also handle up to TP, TP+, TS, TS+, M6, M6+, M8 ships in all its docks, and ANY ship (ie. including a capital ship) at ONE of its docks
- [X3AP only] The Kyoto can also handle up to TP, TP+, TS, TS+, M6, M6+, M8 in all of its docking bays
- [X3AP only] The Guppy and the Ariadne can hold fighters as normal, but one docking slot can alternatively accommodate a TS, TS+, TP, or TP+ ship.

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 9. Oct 17, 10:15    Post subject: Re: X3R Odin class hangar Reply with quote Print

Reven wrote:

The Odin can neither be bought nor captured nor can you get it as a reward in X3R. If thats the case in any of the X games, it's a very good sign that the ship is not meant for player hands. Wink

Farnhams Legende und Nopileos als E-Books!

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

"If it's not impossible, there must be a way to do it." - Sir Nicholas Winton
RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Mon, 9. Oct 17, 12:30    Post subject: Re: X3R Odin class hangar Reply with quote Print

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Reven wrote:

The Odin can neither be bought nor captured nor can you get it as a reward in X3R. If thats the case in any of the X games, it's a very good sign that the ship is not meant for player hands. Wink

Oh crap, before I replied, I didn't even notice that this was about Reunion and not either of the next two titles. Very Happy

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
Reven

PostPosted: Mon, 9. Oct 17, 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yes, I meant X3R. Perhaps this should have been in the scripting/mod forum. I scripted up a method to create the ship, which is easy enough. Unlike some of the other odds and sods ships in X3R, the Odin seems otherwise complete. Its entry in TShips lists a hangar that can support 40 ships, but I can't tell from that what ship classes can actually land on it because that isn't in TShips. I don't remember where that is actually specified - it's been a while since I've looked at this.

In any case, I didn't want to get into the weeds modding this ship, I really just wanted to see if anyone knew if it actually did have a hangar in X3R for some limited class of ships.

Ex Turbo Modestum
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jlehtone

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 9. Oct 17, 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Reven wrote:
Perhaps this should have been in the scripting/mod forum.

Indeed. One cannot get Odin in vanilla X3R.

I don't know how to focus a (google) websearch to X3R S&M, but that I would attempt first.
* Whether someone has discussed modding Odin back then.
* Where the dock types are listed.
* Does the model have both landing bays and launch ports.