4.10 External camera stucked - Removing TrackIR software/hardware may help.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GDS_dmitry
x4

4.10 External camera stucked - Removing TrackIR software/hardware may help.

Post by GDS_dmitry » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 19:46

Fresh install of XR 4.10 (Reinstalled already twice). No mods, no savegames, fresh new game. Config files deleted from MyDocuments folder.
External camera just do not work. Num keys not rotating camera, + and - do not zoom in and zoom out. Target tracking camera (F3) do not work too.

Problem showed in a video: https://youtu.be/7NPLpVUNxLY

DxDiag file avaliable here: https://1drv.ms/t/s!Aq5HTveqKSZxga10QTqIASDs-YQUmw

{Link fixed. - Terre}

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 20:35

Hello. Just to make sure that I understand your problem from the video (make sure that Num Lock is 'off' for testing purposes):

If you press F2 and get the remote view of the Skunk, then do the Num Pad keys move the camera relative to the Skunk?

If you press F3 with another ship targeted, then do you get a remote view of the target and do the Num Pad keys move the camera view relative to that ship?

If yes to both then everything is working.

If the first about F2 works but not the second about F3 then check that you don't have a profile that remaps the remote view control away from F3.

If neither work then please check that you don't have a controller or joystick plugged in that is interfering with or cancelling your Num Pad control inputs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 22:01

I would also suggest, while checking the keybindings, to see what key/button mouse-look is bound to (I think the default is mid-button, but I'm not sure, as I remapped it a long time ago) - then try using this hotkey to see whether the external view (own on F2 or target on F3) can be rotated with that hotkey held down.

Incidentally, I have NumLock permanently on, so I don't know whether that affects the test (or, perhaps, even is required to be 'on' - not able to check right at this moment, though.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

GDS_dmitry
x4

Post by GDS_dmitry » Sun, 1. Oct 17, 19:14

Alan Phipps wrote: If you press F2 and get the remote view of the Skunk, then do the Num Pad keys move the camera relative to the Skunk?

If you press F3 with another ship targeted, then do you get a remote view of the target and do the Num Pad keys move the camera view relative to that ship?
If I press F2, then no Num Pad keys work, except 7,8,9 and 1,3. But they do strange thing: display some broken view pointing to above the ship or something of that sort. Camera do not moves at all, but if I start moving Skunk (3rd person control), then ship fly away without camera being fixed to the Skunk.

If I press F3, I can see the target from above, but again, the same behaviour of 7,8,9,1,3 keys and if the ship starts moving, it flies away from camera. So camera wasn't attached to a target.
I would also suggest, while checking the keybindings, to see what key/button mouse-look is bound to (I think the default is mid-button, but I'm not sure, as I remapped it a long time ago) - then try using this hotkey to see whether the external view (own on F2 or target on F3) can be rotated with that hotkey held down.
Default to mid-button. Nothing works in F2 or F3 mode. It works only in cockpit (the same for Num pad keys)
Incidentally, I have NumLock permanently on
I have the same and has no problems so far. Flying with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (have no problems in past). It happened abruptly and not so long ago. No any hardware or software modifications were made. Again, I even deleted all config files and saves and reinstalled the game. Didn't help

https://imgur.com/a/ep7lK
Last edited by GDS_dmitry on Sun, 1. Oct 17, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 1. Oct 17, 21:29

So this actually means that your Num Pad keys are not working correctly in-game but the other ones are.

I would be checking for double or incorrect key bindings for (any of) those key functions in your controls options profile or, as I said above, whether another controller or input device that you have is interfering with them.

One other thought is whether you have assigned any key macros to them - perhaps to do with your keyboard or with an external or OS macro application.

When you did your reinstalls of the game, were they clean ones as per the advice at the end of this thread? That part will pretty much apply for XR too.

One last thing, if your keyboard is wireless, have you checked the battery?

My vanilla Steam game all works correctly in that area so it is not a gamefiles issue that affects everybody. There has to be something unusual in your specific system or game set up.

GDS_dmitry
x4

Post by GDS_dmitry » Sun, 1. Oct 17, 23:25

Alan Phipps wrote:So this actually means that your Num Pad keys are not working correctly in-game but the other ones are.

I would be checking for double or incorrect key bindings for (any of) those key functions in your controls options profile or, as I said above, whether another controller or input device that you have is interfering with them.

One other thought is whether you have assigned any key macros to them - perhaps to do with your keyboard or with an external or OS macro application.

When you did your reinstalls of the game, were they clean ones as per the advice at the end of this thread? That part will pretty much apply for XR too.

One last thing, if your keyboard is wireless, have you checked the battery?

My vanilla Steam game all works correctly in that area so it is not a gamefiles issue that affects everybody. There has to be something unusual in your specific system or game set up.
https://imgur.com/a/ep7lK Checked that twice.
Uploaded inputmap_x.xml for investigation: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq5HTveqKSZxga12wVURrEydxHjTlQ

Detached my Logitech Joystick - no changes.
I don't use any key macross programs. Again - no any new software was installed in the past two weeks. The problem just appeared from nowhere.
Yes, I'm familiar with this guide.
No, I have a wired keyboard. Checked with wireless too - no changes.
So far found similiar topic on Steam forums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/dis ... 750214515/ Sadly nothing solved.
Will continue to investigate.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 2. Oct 17, 12:17

It would have been interesting to see what common features in your systems and set-ups that you have with the other two players reporting the issue in that Steam thread. Unfortunately we cannot see such information from that thread but I don't know if you could chat to them privately about it.

hermattila

Post by hermattila » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 16:38

Hi!Im the one who first posted on steam whit exact same issues as described.Also was thinking that but no common in our setup as they using Intel+Nvidia combo on win 1p while im on win8.1 and using Amd cpu+ Card.if u need any file to upload let me know.

hermattila

Post by hermattila » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 23:10

Not for that im in hurry but anyone gonna look after 'em or we left alone whit that and trying on our own to fix these camera stuck issues??

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 11. Oct 17, 23:52

It's very hard to fix something that we cannot reproduce and for which currently have no clues to the cause of. One of the reasons for trying to find common factors is to narrow these things down, and perhaps even give us a chance to set up a similar system to test things on. The more information people can give us, and the more different things they can try, the better the chances of being able to do that.

hermattila

Post by hermattila » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 21:12

Sry if i sound rude.That is not i meant ro be and so i made a topic on Steam when i was back to XR after 2 years and so when i went to external wiev realize it is stuck on rhe same position when u enter(not following skunk or any other ship).Exact same problem as two other guys on steam.No other controller connected to my pc.so any file u whis to look at it im happy to uploaded.
So least we have a shot to fix it cuz it is might just effect right now 3 of us but might end up more player.Thx in Advance.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 21:23

@ hermattila: Your DxDiag (while with the issue) would be a good first step to allow us to compare yours with the OP's situation. I know that you have different OS and graphics, but it is any areas of commonality in devices, drivers, etc that we would be looking for first of all.

Beyond that, commonality in the more obscure system and game settings and options are much more difficult to compare unless the players involved can somehow compare notes. One example could be whether external gaming profiles or emulators, etc are being used.

hermattila

Post by hermattila » Mon, 16. Oct 17, 17:23

HI there is my DxDiagnostic if it is help.Sry i have been late busy in work in the past couple of days.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Qh5X ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. Oct 17, 18:45

Thanks, however there are no common device drivers or reported issues, etc within yours and the OP's DxDiags that I can see.

You will probably have to compare unreported game and system settings and options in this thread (or privately) to seek further clues. I'm sorry that I cannot be much more help.

hermattila

Post by hermattila » Mon, 16. Oct 17, 19:09

Thx.im thinking might HOTAS or XBox controller been attached to the pc and even reinstall the game somehow control settings stuck in maybe??i test it and will report back...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. Oct 17, 20:03

@ hermattila: The OP assured me that it had been tested with no controllers or sticks plugged in when I asked about that in my first 2 posts in this thread.

hermattila

Post by hermattila » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 19:40

So no luck in either control option.Even remapped the camera control but still stuck and shown some broke wievpoint,just like on the YT video.

GDS_dmitry
x4

Finally

Post by GDS_dmitry » Fri, 27. Oct 17, 19:06

Guys, I found a solution! Thx to dev kalmiya from Steam forum.
Make sure you don't use any software or hardware associated with Track IR. I've had installed FaceTrackNoIR. I didn't use it, but the program was still installed. Removed it using standard Win unistall, rebooted, problem gone.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”