No guidance for helping build URV Wharf

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wolvern
xr

No guidance for helping build URV Wharf

Post by wolvern » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 09:21

While the main mission has less issues now, the game is now missing fusion reactors entirely from buried treasure and i've searched so many damn places to find this one item that it's become frustrating.

There is no more tech lab 2 in buried treasure and all the PMC places to trade are useless... this mission for building needed some better guidance to where to find these deals now that every support site i've tried looked at is either from 2013-2015 or so damn useless for finding this...

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 14:35

Actually, finding fusion reactors is something that didn't change since many years. And yeah, it's one of the main challenge of the campaign for newcomers.

First of all, what you want to look at are Ship Tech Fabs, not Tech Labs. There should be two of them in albion, both under LI control (non-vr version).

Then, it all depends on how you want to get the reactors. Do a trade just at the right timing? Targeting ships carrying the reactors? Hacking the station's storage? Waiting for the very occasional universal trader to drop by in DeVries? Get the wares from DLC systems?
They are all good solutions, with various degrees of difficulty and time of completion.

My personal solution is usually the well-time trade: Scan the module producing fusion reactors (or place a trade agent on the station) to know when the production cycle ends, wait for the end of the cycle, then look at the trade window. The wares should be updated 30-60s after the end of the cycle. (Refresh your trade window often so you won't miss it.) However, they sell like hotcakes, so you really have to be quick about it. Sometime they don't even show up since they sell so fast. That's pretty rare, though.

Look on the bright side: before a recent update (can't remember if it was 3.60 or 4.00), we also had to get reinforced metal plate by ourselves to construct that station. The big problem is both construction shops in albion are owend by PMC, which are hostile and won't trade with you. That required creativity. :P
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 15:49

Ezarkal wrote:Look on the bright side: before a recent update (can't remember if it was 3.60 or 4.00), we also had to get reinforced metal plate by ourselves to construct that station. The big problem is both construction shops in albion are owend by PMC, which are hostile and won't trade with you. That required creativity. :P
And I actually miss that, as it was a good challenge, as you said it "required creativity" (I'm saddened that an easy fix was patched in to cater to the lowest common denominator - how "modern" :S Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if, by the same logic, ES next patch in some FRs onto that CV due to "popular concerns") - so I make a point of using up the RMP magicked in on the CV for other things, heheh :) (Though, that being said, I'm still USING it, right? I guess I really out to pick it up and flush it out an airlock or fly it into a star...)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 16:55

RAVEN.myst wrote: And I actually miss that, as it was a good challenge, as you said it "required creativity" (I'm saddened that an easy fix was patched in to cater to the lowest common denominator - how "modern" :S Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if, by the same logic, ES next patch in some FRs onto that CV due to "popular concerns") - so I make a point of using up the RMP magicked in on the CV for other things, heheh :) (Though, that being said, I'm still USING it, right? I guess I really out to pick it up and flush it out an airlock or fly it into a star...)
Well, in a way, we are given a CV to help restoring much-needed production facilities to a badly weakened area. It would make sense if the more critical construction materials were to be supplied with the CV, no?

Then again, I do welcome the challenge. :D
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 17:14

Ezarkal wrote:Well, in a way, we are given a CV to help restoring much-needed production facilities to a badly weakened area. It would make sense if the more critical construction materials were to be supplied with the CV, no?
A very good point, from a story plausibility perspective, yes - and arguably it makes more sense this way (though material shortage could be justified as "well, we are increasingly butting heads with PMC and our resources are mostly tied up, so here's a CV, that's the best we can do right now - will you be able to manage?" Also, Boringman at that point is still quite reluctant to spend resources on DeVries unless he can see a clear benefit for Heart(less?) of Albion... :D )
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”