X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 17:24

Killjaeden wrote:Just a reminder for anyone still playing XTC: AP Experimental version -
There is an unfixed turret script bug, which prevents NPC ships from using their turrets properly.

To fix that, go into your X3AP Folder with the installed XTC version.
First go into the /addon/scripts folder and delete or rename all files beginning with "!turret."
Then go back into the main folder, and then into the /scripts folder.
Copy all files beginning with "!turret." from here into the /addon/scripts folder.

This will fix the bug over time. If you want to accelerate it you can use the script "plugin.XTC.Cheat.Genocide" via the script editor to kill the races (and cause a respawn). Just make sure you don't target any of your own ship while executing this, as that will kill the player race :twisted:
Thx for this Kj!
Was on my 3rd install and was wondering what the problem was

Xydonus
x3ap

Post by Xydonus » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 09:37

Could someone upload and subsequently post a link to the Paranid Plot Fix for Xtended? The non-AP version is what I need.

Its found here - http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/239 ... -2a)/page4

6 posts down.

I have an account (now two) on x-universe. My old account is inaccessible and resetting password never sends the email. A new account I created never sends the activation email so I'm unable to download the file.

I need it to continue the paranid plot.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 10:39

Xydonus wrote:Could someone upload and subsequently post a link to the Paranid Plot Fix for Xtended? The non-AP version is what I need.
http://www.filedropper.com/xtcparanidplotfix

I think this is the one as the other version I have says AP

Xydonus
x3ap

Post by Xydonus » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 11:53

Awesome! Cheers for that.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 17:40

I wanted to play XTC again. But i never liked the huge distances in our XTC universe. They made traveling tedious and everything take considerably longer and result very low density traffic. I prefer the X3 vanilla distances, they are more cosy.

So i reduced gate distances from average of 100 to 160 km down to 60-80 km. I also moved many suns above/below ecliptic, so you dont have to stare directly into suns when flying to a gate...
Backgrounds are more varied between sectors as well. Not just red and dark for split or blue for borons.

You can download it for standard XTC here
and for AP Experimental here
Read the readme.

* forgot to mention, the sensor ranges in XTC are suited to longer distance. So you might want to reduce it (TGlobals.txt if memory serves right) to match the reduced sector sizes.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 20:35

I have a question about XTC and i dunno where to post it, all threads and forums seem to be dead with last posts years ago.

I started a game and originally the pirates were neutral to me, all blue. After several missions to defend stations to raise my rep, all pirates seem to have turned hostile, their ships at least, not their stations.

Everywhere I go seem to be squads of pirates warping in and heading straight for my ships, destroying my sat network, and I'm too weak to defend everything.

Is there a way to increase my rep with pirates to turn them back to neutral ? Is my game permanently screwed ? Pirates seem to hunt me at every corner.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 23:26

What do you mean by warping in? If they just appear in sectors off scanner range, then its likely a pirate base. Look for the bases (far off the sector map) - you can destroy them.

You can do missions for pirate bases (combat missions are a double edged sword however, they do not always give you rep benefit - quite the opposite).

That said, pirates can spawn as hostile even if you have high reputation with them. So raising your rep will not help you in the long run. There will always be some prick that kills your stuff.

I have been looking into this issue, as it's been annoying me as well. Pirates sometimes spawn as hostile and might make a bee-line for your stuff even if you have high rep for some reason that i can't find. To some extend this has been a problem of vanilla too, so i'm not sure if one of the used notoriety script commands is responsible for this.
[ external image ]
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 19:50

Like I said, when i started playing, all pirates were blue. But then I picked missions to defend sectors to raise my rep, and some perhaps were done in sectors with pirate bases.

Bases didn't turn hostile, but pirates were, I guess i didn't kill only pirates spawned by missions but also Axis, Skulls etc ones too. I don't have the firepower to destroy a pirate base yet, I barelly have a TS, a M5, a M3 I scavenged and a TM. I'm trying to trade remotely, but pirates are really out for blood and there are like 4 pirate bases in the 20 odd systems i explored.

I'm thinking to start over and this time don't attack pirates at all, sadly that will increase the reputation grinding 10 fold.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 21:29

You killed their ships which is why they are hostile, the bases will stay neutral(you will lose docking rights) until you attack them or they get spawned when your reputation is low.

Try to improve your reputation with them by doing the missions from the trading stations in all race sectors, they are bring X amount of good in set time.
In early game having them hostile is not worth it as they haunt some of the best sectors for trading or training ST's(twin paradox)
You can always change the amount of them in the difficulty menu and you can see your pirate reputation in the config menu of the console.
Also if you are neutral with them you can have a TS collect wares in the sectors where the bases are, this can be a nice credit earner.

There is a patrol mission script, that increases the chances of the kha'ak, xenon and yaki in patrol missions.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 25. Sep 17, 13:35

Killjaeden wrote:I wanted to play XTC again. But i never liked the huge distances in our XTC universe. They made traveling tedious and everything take considerably longer and result very low density traffic. I prefer the X3 vanilla distances, they are more cosy.

So i reduced gate distances from average of 100 to 160 km down to 60-80 km. I also moved many suns above/below ecliptic, so you dont have to stare directly into suns when flying to a gate...
Backgrounds are more varied between sectors as well. Not just red and dark for split or blue for borons.

You can download it for standard XTC here
and for AP Experimental here
Read the readme.

* forgot to mention, the sensor ranges in XTC are suited to longer distance. So you might want to reduce it (TGlobals.txt if memory serves right) to match the reduced sector sizes.
Making the distances in XTC sounds really interesting, traveling more than 100km in a slow ship (and most of them in XTC are slow) was becoming really tedious. I haven't ran any test but I hope it will make gameplay more lively.
One more thing... I don't have /maps folder in my installation, don't have any idea where to place these files...
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 15:13

You can create the maps folder and put them in there, if you are using the AP version you should have a maps folder already iirc

Is there any way to encourage the Xenon to launch invasions?
I have them in sector 1716 and 611(plot protection is off) but they never send real invasions just the odd R, that takes out a few stations and then gets overwhelmed, I took out the station in 1716 but a new one respawned there and still nothing
I have the Kha'ak in the unchartered sector south of glow of faith and they make regular invasions

Subtra
xr

Post by Subtra » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 16:10

Hey guys wanted to thank you for all the hard work on the X-tended mod and to post some annoying problems (annoying for me, i need the money) Some Weapons arent sellable at the Equipment Dock, Rockets included. Counting them now what i cant sell :

Alpha Kyon Emitter
Ion Pulse Emitter
Mosquito Missile
Photon Maser Cannon
Wasp Missile
Bolt Railgun

I dont know which weapons else cant be selled, but i hope you can hotfix it, just look over the file if guys forgot to make them sellable.

I wish you guys a good day.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Wed, 27. Sep 17, 12:48

You can sell all of those listed except the alpha kyons, I also presume the ion pulse emitter is really ion pulse generator.

You have to sell race weapons to the race that owns them eq docks
ion pulse generator - boron
photon maser cannon - argon
bolt railgun - teladi and pirates

The missiles you can sell to any commonwealth eq dock, the only missiles you won't be able to sell are kha'ak and xenon
You can always load them onto a ship and sell the ship, iirc you only get lowest price doing it this way.

You can use the ingame encyclopedia to find where to sell the weapons

Subtra
xr

Post by Subtra » Wed, 27. Sep 17, 18:09

Wish they would include such informations in the Readme, but thanks anyway that helps out greatly, now i just need to map out the Sectors, but it will take Time cause i only began to play again ^^.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 28. Sep 17, 01:28

Subtra, this stuff is written down in the manual.

You can disable the AL Plugin "Equip trade" - this thing causes some wares (esp. base weapons and shields) to always to be available in some quantity and always allows you to sell as many as you want. However, it will not accept wares it does not stock. You can still dump your excess wares that nobody wants inside a ship and sell the ship... also gets you some of the money.

About the smaller sector installation - just extract the zip into your X3 directory. It creates the folders and automatically uses the extracted files over the ones that are packed inside .cat files.
[ external image ]

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 28. Sep 17, 21:31

Killjaeden wrote: About the smaller sector installation - just extract the zip into your X3 directory. It creates the folders and automatically uses the extracted files over the ones that are packed inside .cat files.
Works :)

Have you reduced gate distance for each sector individually or there is one mathematic rule for all sectors when it comes to reducing the size?

Just started a new game because all saves with foundations of my future empire in XTC were lost during swap to a new pc.
Yeah travel time is shorter which I appreciate, especially when in XTC ships are relatively slow when compared to ones for other mods like XRM.
Sectors are large but not vast. Vast ones were fun for some time but after doing some trade routines it was becoming a tedious task.
At the moment can't say much about how the change is impacting the economy.

Speaking of modifications what I'd like to see for XTC is an addon that replaces jumpgates with trans-obrital accelerators and add jumpdrive beacons only in some important areas like core sectors and major intersections.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 21:27

Anyone knows if illegal fabs can be placed in the respective races core sectors safely ?

I'm looking at Atropos 2, to build a small spaceweed complex, will it be Ok or Teladi patrols will shoot it to pieces?
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 09:12

As your first question asks in general, the answer is: No, they cannot be placed safely in race core sectors.

For your second question: Spaceweed complex in Atropos 2 is fine :)

Explanation: Spaceweed in Teladi Sectors is accepted [by Teladi] as trading commodity and as product for fabrication. This is THE exception.

Other 'illegal fabs' will be attacked in Core Sectors by sector patrols or similar race forces aswell as traders transporting those wares if they are 'caught' by border control, police forces or military ships.
As far as I know the Argon will attack Spacefuel Production Facilities even in their Border Sectors, but only if they are Player-owned (they do not attack their own Spacefuel Fabs, of course).

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Sat, 7. Oct 17, 13:48

More questions.

1. Manual download link is dead, where can I get a hold on the manual, perhaps some of these questions are answered there.

2. Under Artificial Life seem to me many plugins, some turned on some not, what does each one do ?

3. Is there any way to enable autojump to safety feature (based on shield or hull %) for any other vessels besides M6 and up? Is not available for any TS nor TP class ships.

4. Is there a way to whitelist/blacklist sectors for your UT's? Perhaps buried somewhere in AI settings I don;t know what they do?

5. Is there a way to reserve e-cells for a ship when using command "sell ware for best price: e-cells" out of your SPP fab ? Although my dumb seller leaves full of e-cells and I enabled him to refill e-cells for 40 jumps, he sells everything to a clients and huffs it back at impulse instead of jumping. UT's don't seem to have this issue.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Sat, 7. Oct 17, 15:25

manniac wrote:More questions.

1. Manual download link is dead, where can I get a hold on the manual, perhaps some of these questions are answered there. There is a working Download in the OT of this thread, takte the link by X2-Illuminatus

2. Under Artificial Life seem to me many plugins, some turned on some not, what does each one do ? => Manual

3. Is there any way to enable autojump to safety feature (based on shield or hull %) for any other vessels besides M6 and up? Is not available for any TS nor TP class ships. IIRC you can activate this in the Options-Menu of the Mod; it will work for ALL ships. But this is not a "save-escape-from-attacks-feature!

4. Is there a way to whitelist/blacklist sectors for your UT's? Perhaps buried somewhere in AI settings I don;t know what they do? No

5. Is there a way to reserve e-cells for a ship when using command "sell ware for best price: e-cells" out of your SPP fab ? Although my dumb seller leaves full of e-cells and I enabled him to refill e-cells for 40 jumps, he sells everything to a clients and huffs it back at impulse instead of jumping. UT's don't seem to have this issue.No
Problems in Q 4&5 were solved by using Lucike's Scripts for EST and CAG . But officially they are not compatible with XTC; it is possible to make run both though, if you find the approriate files. Recommandations:
1. Make a copy of your working XTC-installation before adding additional scripts
2. Start your search here and get the newest version of the scripts at www.xuniversum.info

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”