EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Divinity: Original Sin 2 (Anyone play Divinty 1?)
View previous topic :: View next topic
pjknibbs

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 20. Sep 17, 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Well, that was a bit embarrassing. While wandering around looking for places I could teleport to, I found one just off the hidden alcove where Fane hangs out. Teleported up, and then realised that there was a set of vines I could have climbed up to get there anyway...

Anyroad, Arena done, underground done, and most of the magisters up on the surface of Fort Joy killed too. I could leave the fort at any time through at least three different exits I've discovered, but I want to get all the loot and XP I can here before doing so.

RegisterMe

MEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 20. Sep 17, 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Here's a bit of a steer...... you know the "causeway" that runs north - south from the beach where you washed up to Fort Joy? Check it, all of it Wink.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*

Rapier's search
pjknibbs

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 21. Sep 17, 09:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If you're talking about the Curious Chest up on the broken bridge, I already got that.

Jericho

PostPosted: Thu, 21. Sep 17, 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Just discovered the extra bit with the giant frogs at the back of the Elf cave. I saw the barrier about 15 hours ago, and meant to come back and check it out, then forgot all about it. Also found W down a hole pinned to the wall now I can spot things better.

Didn't have enough time to get stuck in properly last night though. I wish I'd taken the fort sooner, I was too over powered by the time I went back in to do it.

After I've escaped the island, I think I'll turn the difficulty up a notch, as I'm finding it all too easy on Explorer (Although the blood-rose witch fight killed me about 6 times, thanks to her shackles of pain and those bloody wasps).

RegisterMe

MEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 21. Sep 17, 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

pjknibbs wrote:
If you're talking about the Curious Chest up on the broken bridge, I already got that.

I'm not.

Spoiler
When you first wash ashore you are near a shrine with a broken stair case behind it. If you teleport somebody across the gap and go up the hill you will find a loot stash which for me included a weapon I used through to level seven.
Spoiler

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*

Rapier's search
Jericho

PostPosted: Thu, 21. Sep 17, 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RegisterMe wrote:

I'm not.

Spoiler
When you first wash ashore you are near a shrine with a broken stair case behind it. If you teleport somebody across the gap and go up the hill you will find a loot stash which for me included a weapon I used through to level seven.
Spoiler

Damn... So many things I forgot to go back for...

Will save it for another playthrough.

RegisterMe

MEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 21. Sep 17, 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Well, just saved game and exited. On relaunch it told me about a problem with a file something eco.exe, so I verified the game cache. Trying to update the file got a permissions error, so I deleted it. Now Steam refuses to download it again or update it Sad.

Full reinstall?

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*

Rapier's search
pjknibbs

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 21. Sep 17, 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RegisterMe wrote:

I'm not.

That's the same area where the Curious Chest is, so yes, I've already found that (and the stuff up the hill from it).

Just dinged level 5 after managing to kill Kniles the Flenser down in the fort basement. Really nice pair of daggers he had, too, Sebille was practically drooling over them! Since the traders restock when you ding I was able to score some slightly improved bits of armour and a better staff for Lohse, too. Still not sure I can take High Judge Orivand, though, he may only be level 4 but he hits like a truck and comes with 5 pretty tough adds...may leave him until I'm level 6!

Jericho

PostPosted: Fri, 22. Sep 17, 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I switched to Classic Mode last night... RIGHT before the boss battle at the end of the fist part. Yeah, stupid time to suddenly change difficulty. I didn't exactly get massacred, but it wasn't exactly close either. I changed back to explorer and wiped the floor with them...

There needs to be something in between the 2 modes. Think I'll start the next chapter in classic and start learning them 'tactics' that everyone is talking about.

(Everytime I get Ifan to high ground, some buttmonkey swaps him for the guy on fire and I have to start again).

pjknibbs

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 24. Sep 17, 01:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It has been a long, long time since I played a game where I lose track of time, look at the clock and suddenly realise it's twenty to one in the morning and I probably ought to be going to bed (normal bedtime is around 11pm for me!). Just escaped Dallis aboard the Lady Vengeance, will see what awaits tomorrow...

Tycow

PostPosted: Sun, 24. Sep 17, 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

So after reading your adventures, I looked at the game. I normally avoid turn based stuff as they bore me to tears, with few exceptions.

This is an exception. I was up till 4am exploring the fort. So many ways of doing things... I'm running around as the party with buckets on their head. Very Happy

pjknibbs

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 24. Sep 17, 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'm in Driftwood at the moment, interrogating ghosts and wondering what this chicken called Peeper who's following me around is going to turn into...

Jericho

PostPosted: Mon, 25. Sep 17, 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

pjknibbs wrote:
I'm in Driftwood at the moment, interrogating ghosts and wondering what this chicken called Peeper who's following me around is going to turn into...

Oooh!
I returned the egg to it's mother, never occurred to me to go back and check if it hatches.

I was winning a huge battle by the skin of my teeth... And I gave Fane a healing potion.

STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!

That turned the tide and I was wiped out.

Every time I forgot he needs poison. I have a load of poisoned fish just for him, and still I forget.

pjknibbs

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 25. Sep 17, 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Jericho wrote:

I was winning a huge battle by the skin of my teeth... And I gave Fane a healing potion.

Have you done the "hit the undead enemy with your poison staff attack, then realise your mistake" thing too? (Been there, done that!). Wink

RegisterMe

MEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 26. Sep 17, 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Has anybody figured out how to do any real crafting yet? I have heaps of stuff (including loads of essences) that I have no idea how to use.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*

Rapier's search