XR 4.10 Trade Deals screen fails to show and locks UI - Fix coming.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RainerPrem
x4

XR 4.10 Trade Deals screen fails to show and locks UI - Fix coming.

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 17:33

Hi,

I just docked on my newly built station and wanted to give one of my freighters new assignments. I hit Shift-Z and only Yisha appears in the corner of the screen. I reloaded, hit Enter-6-2 and the same happened. I completely quit the game, reloaded and the same thing happens.

My savegame is at https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArGmJm1-IkABh8k-gEbd1ydL9ObhiA

cu
Rainer

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 17:52

Hi,

followup: I used the prior save and everything went well until I gave one of my ships two transfer orders of drones "from" another of my ships.

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 18:28

Hi, I have to check, so here goes:

Any mods or edits (now or in the past in that game saved) and have you verified the Rebirth Steam gamefile cache? Is the game fully updated?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 18:37

Alan Phipps wrote:Hi, I have to check, so here goes:

Any mods or edits (now or in the past in that game saved) and have you verified the Rebirth Steam gamefile cache? Is the game fully updated?
Hi,

I'm always playing pure vanilla, and the game version is 4.10.

The game is running normally until I give that specific order.

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 19:33

Loaded your save and I have the same issue whereby clicking on Trade Deals, Enter 6-2, or Shift-Y all crash the UI (ie any way to select Trade Deals). Only an Alt-Tab out and back clears the UI block but Trade Deals will crash the UI again if chosen again. Trade Offers works OK.

Either your save is somehow corrupt, or there is something really odd in your Rebirth Galaxy trade environment. I'll try to get the devs to take a look at your save.

BTW, I am running the current Public Beta vanilla (4.21 beta 1) and so the newest Beta version doesn't fix the issue, whatever it is.

Trade Deals works fine from all my vanilla saves.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 21:07

Alan Phipps wrote:Loaded your save and I have the same issue whereby clicking on Trade Deals, Enter 6-2, or Shift-Y all crash the UI (ie any way to select Trade Deals). Only an Alt-Tab out and back clears the UI block but Trade Deals will crash the UI again if chosen again. Trade Offers works OK.

Either your save is somehow corrupt, or there is something really odd in your Rebirth Galaxy trade environment. I'll try to get the devs to take a look at your save.

BTW, I am running the current Public Beta vanilla (4.21 beta 1) and so the newest Beta version doesn't fix the issue, whatever it is.

Trade Deals works fine from all my vanilla saves.
Hi,

if you need, I have another save just before the effect happens. You just need to select Rahanas 03 and order it to transfer some drones from the Lyranae nearby (I'm not sure if it is 01 or 02).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArGmJm1-IkABh8k_MVMOIe-NB0WrsA

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 22:41

There is this Steam thread about the issue too - unless that is you as well. :wink:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 22:47

Have you verified your game files with Steam? Even though Alan is having the same issue with your savegame file, it's possible corrupt game files on your computer contributed to a corrupt savegame.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 12:28

Thank you for the very detailed report and for both saves. Issue should be fixed with the next update. (Affects both XR and XRVR)

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”