[X3AP] CLS2 freighter not refuelling and trade competition

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LSFKing
x3ap

Post by LSFKing » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 21:45

Oh, incidentally, since you will be servicing the Yaki production, you will gain access to IBLs should you want to use them - if not, you can buy them up when the factories are full (thus getting best purchase price) and flog them off to equipment docks. Also, keep in mind that that particular market is rather limited, but don't let that discourage you - all your freighters should be using jumpdrives, so you are not limited to serving the factories in Weaver's Tempest; you can take your trade far afield (you'll get to passively improve your Paranid reputation quite nicely, since they are your next-nearest neighbours.)
That's the idea! My overall scheme- er 'business plan' is to create a company called Pirate Sector Exports aka Pirsex (which may sound similar to Bowex from Freelancer, which is intentional ;) ) which primarily monopolizes the Space Fuel, IBL and PBG forges in Yaki and all pirate space for maximum profitsss. I'm going to have a TM per forge that buys the guns at minimum, jumps to the closest equipment dock, off-loads to a 'tank', and then jumps back so I can manually sell them at my convenience.

Well, chip superplexes like that certainly are profitable, but have a few disadvantages
Those are some potentially very damaging disadvantages :o But I must say, I'm glad to see that spamming factories isn't nearly as OP as it could have been. Kudos to the devs for this bit of balance!
I only ever own assets of my chosen starting race (a personal role-playing choice and constraint, to make the game more interesting for me - this way, whichever race I play with I have to make do with whatever they offer, be it good or bad, instead of always simply using that which I find optimal)
I like this! I personally roleplay according to 'companies'. In this one, as ive said, I'm taking over the pirate economy and that's all I'll be doing.The challenge will be in securing these high-risk high-reward shipments as they traverse the sectors in between jumps. Looking forward to building my 'defense force' :twisted:

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 22:11

@OP: maybe I'm missing something but what's the point of having three ships? Buying, transporting and unloading can be done with only one ship.

LSFKing
x3ap

Post by LSFKing » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 22:19

MrFiction wrote:@OP: maybe I'm missing something but what's the point of having three ships? Buying, transporting and unloading can be done with only one ship.
Elementary, my dear Fiction! This will ensure that the prices I want to buy and sell at are ALWAYS fulfilled. For example, if I wanted to buy energy at 12 credits per e-cell (which is minimum price) I won't have to worry about my single all-purpose freighter being otherwise occupied while some sly Teladi with her super-freighter comes by and buys it up when it hits that price. I always have a freighter there who can fill my order the second the price is agreeable.
Same goes for selling, if I wish to sell ore at slightly above-average price, I can leave an auto-seller 'tank' filled with ore who will sell the second the price is met.

Now you might be thinking "Is this really worth all the extra expensive freighters?" In the long run, absolutely. But if you're a 'live in the present' type of chap, you'll be happy to know that for the more enterprising individuals there are 'free' freighters readily available courtesy of Duke's Buccaneers :pirat:

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 23:05

MrFiction wrote:@OP: maybe I'm missing something but what's the point of having three ships? Buying, transporting and unloading can be done with only one ship.
A graduate of the Trapper Tim School of Trading.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

LSFKing
x3ap

Post by LSFKing » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 23:12

Timsup2nothin wrote: A graduate of the Trapper Tim School of Trading.
Proudly so :D Sorry I didn't give you credit in my explanation. Until today, I didn't realize there was a forum member who doesn't know your famous CLS strategy

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 23:36

No apology required. :)

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 21:52

LSFKing wrote:Until today, I didn't realize there was a forum member who doesn't know your famous CLS strategy
* Some users are much older than the Trapper Guide. They might not pay attention to "recent" events.
* Some users are still new. Do they find the stickies, guides, links in signatures, and other "old stuff"?
* Some might be aware, but chose to ignore, i.e. not really know.

PS. When TV news says "world-famous XYZ has died", I usually ask who? to show that the fame was assumed.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

LSFKing
x3ap

Post by LSFKing » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 21:58

jlehtone wrote:
LSFKing wrote:Until today, I didn't realize there was a forum member who doesn't know your famous CLS strategy
* Some users are much older than the Trapper Guide. They might not pay attention to "recent" events.
* Some users are still new. Do they find the stickies, guides, links in signatures, and other "old stuff"?
* Some might be aware, but chose to ignore, i.e. not really know.

PS. When TV news says "world-famous XYZ has died", I usually ask who? to show that the fame was assumed.
A fair point :D
~Disciple of the Gospel of Tim~

CEO of Pirate Sector Exports - "Trading the supplies for tomorrow with the pariahs of yesterday, today!"

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 22:10

Wait! What? I'm not famous?

How about infamous?

:lol:

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

LSFKing
x3ap

Post by LSFKing » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 04:33

Timsup2nothin wrote:Wait! What? I'm not famous?

How about infamous?

:lol:
A thousand unemployed Universal Traders drunkenly curse your name at every Argon bar's last call
~Disciple of the Gospel of Tim~

CEO of Pirate Sector Exports - "Trading the supplies for tomorrow with the pariahs of yesterday, today!"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”