EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[MOD] Ship extra docking mod v1.0
View previous topic :: View next topic
Zeron-mk7

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 30. Oct 11, 15:07    Post subject: [MOD] Ship extra docking mod v1.0 Reply with quote Print

Ship extra docking mod v1.0
====================================

Mod only for X2 The Threat 1.4 game version.

Mod add extra docking possibilities to M6 and M2 ship class:

- Allow M5, M4, M3 ship class dock to M6 class ships
- Allow TS, TP ship class dock to M2 class ships

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compatible with all mods, who doesn't change "x2story.obj", "x2galedit.obj" files.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:
Mod install as False patch.

=====================
Ship extra docking mod link
=====================

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 30. Oct 11, 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Zeron-mk7 wrote:
Mod only for X2 The Threat 1.4 game version.

is that a there is no chance that this will work with 1.5 or
my game is at 1.4 and won't be going to 1.5 so i have no idea if this will work with 1.5

had a quick try on a 1.5 super box game and it seems to work if you start a new game
and as a plus it makes the shift +(no. key 1 to 4) to assign a monitor work again
oh yeh forgot to say
thanks

Zeron-mk7

PostPosted: Mon, 31. Oct 11, 08:21    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Mod works only with 1.4 game version, because into the patch 1.5 are x2story.obj file (not remember, maybe also x2galedit.obj file).
Patch 1.5 replace obj file and add Uplink possibility into the game, therefore not compatible with this mod.

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 10. Nov 11, 18:14    Post subject: x2 docking mod/ added ships to x2 Reply with quote Print

i have been looking for some x2 mods it would be nice to put some of the x3 ships into x2 also, but so far i have not found any compatible. is it possible to make the script compatible with x2 version 1.5 also? steam automatically updated my version of x2 to 1.5 so far i have tried to import ships into x2 and the game freezes on loading the saved games, so i have not been able to use any of Cycrows mods for x2 so far, at least those that i have found. im still looking for, any suggestions?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SteelRush

PostPosted: Fri, 11. Nov 11, 03:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The changes from 1.4 to 1.5 are minimal. In order to use a mod like this, if it doesn't work properly as a false patch, you'd have to copy it into your mods folder, and use it like a regular mod. All you'd lose is the online stats ability of 1.5.

Of course, doing that, you couldn't use other mods, without knowing how to merge mods together.

Zeron-mk7

PostPosted: Fri, 11. Nov 11, 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@ cheetahhawk
I can suggest to try this variant - before doing something - beckup game files, before delete/change something:
You can try to delete last CAT and DAT files from the game folder - 05. cat and 05.dat files, because 1.4 game version have latest 04.cat and 04.dat files.
After that install this mod as False patch - rename mod files to that numbers - 05. cat and 05.dat (rename to the latest numbers).
About add X3 ships into the X2:
All X3 ships have too many polygons count, therefore you will need to decrease polygons to each ship model, that will take alot of time.
X2 can handle about +/-20 K polygons for one ship model.

PostPosted: Fri, 11. Nov 11, 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Actually, there's no problem running a mod for version 1.4 under X2 version 1.5 (at least, I haven't encountered any). Of course you loose the upload functionality.

bulgaria

PostPosted: Tue, 14. Feb 12, 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Laughing cool dock mod i coud dock my ts class for some trader transport defence thanks Smile

The Iron Duke

Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, sat in the middle with you.
PostPosted: Sun, 4. Mar 12, 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi. Please humour me. I'm comp illiterate. Can you give me 'walk through' how to install this mod. Step by step in laymans terms?

Zeron-mk7

PostPosted: Sun, 4. Mar 12, 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The Iron Duke wrote:
Hi. Please humour me. I'm comp illiterate. Can you give me 'walk through' how to install this mod. Step by step in laymans terms?

Mod install as False patch.
Copy NN.CAT and NN.DAT files from the folder into the X2 game directory, then rename it to the next highest availiable number:
If into the your X2 game folder are latest 04.cat and 04.dat files, then rename NN.CAT and NN.DAT files to the 05.cat and 05.dat files.

Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, sat in the middle with you.
PostPosted: Mon, 5. Mar 12, 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Xlnt cheers.
Would it be possible to expand this to increase the hanger capacity fot M6s, allow say 4-6 M3s to dock.
Also to allow M6 to dock with M2. That makes sense.

Zeron-mk7

PostPosted: Mon, 5. Mar 12, 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The Iron Duke wrote:
Would it be possible to expand this to increase the hanger capacity fot M6s, allow say 4-6 M3s to dock.

5 ships (M3, M4, M5) can docked to the M6 class ships and 5 ships (M3, M4, M5, TS, TP) can docked to the M2 class ship, but then you need to edit M6, M2 ship scene files (add more external ships docking markers) and into the Tship file add more docked ships count.
The Iron Duke wrote:
Also to allow M6 to dock with M2. That makes sense.

That can do only if edit "x2story.obj" and "x2galedit.obj" files, I don't have that kind of knowledge, therefore I can't do that.

PostPosted: Wed, 13. Sep 17, 03:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I hope it's not too rude dredging up a thread this old, but I'm curious if anyone knows if this mod has ever been updated to work with 1.5, or of another similar one will work with 1.5.

Thanks

Zeron-mk7

PostPosted: Thu, 14. Sep 17, 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Reven wrote:
if anyone knows if this mod has ever been updated to work with 1.5, or of another similar one will work with 1.5.

This mod is not compatible with 1.5 game version - Mod is only for 1.4 game version.
It's impossible to update mod for 1.5 game version, because mod was made with OBJ PATCH15 software, who not supported 1.5 game version (software developer author was lost in space long long time ago).