2) we have glitch in game
3) impossible to construct station because no metal plating in game
4) the game craash frequently
5) you sell this game at a same price from a new game
6) this game bug by 2013 to now
7) the patch is really too long fromcome

just a fix for plot for wait the next really patch....this is the minimum

I have buy this game the day 1 and i can't play

this is the last Egosoft game for me !!!!!!!!!

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 06:33

I don't want to come across as impatient but some communication might be nice. Early access does come with an expectation of regular updates, both program and information wise.

The X4 reveal gave you a couple weeks grace cause I'm guessing it was all hands on deck but now, time to give us some love.

Cheers.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 06:52

Have to agree on this one. some info on progress and eta would be nice.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 09:54

Hello,

Thanks for your patience, we are working very hard on getting the patch out, but due to some changes in Vulkan, which got applied into the very latest NVidia and ATI drivers, which required changes in the latest Oculus 1.18 runtime, which in turn required changes in our game-code to make it work.

This all makes it a bit tricky since we need to release around the same time as Oculus releases their update, but we are in contact with them and working together to resolve this situation.

There will still be a statement shortly before we release the update with more details.

/R

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 11:04

i'm hungry because i have buy X Rebirth in 2014...with many bug and i have to wait more of 2 year for see this game work normally and now the same game just in VR had a same and new and old bug come back...ok for vulkan i can understand...but for the mission bug loose guidance....metal plating reinforced...this bug is in normal version before...why this come back this is not vulkan...yes?
The dev can enjoye a small fix for this problem...in waiting a big patch for the other problem...just for show than dev are sometime of this game.

Thanks.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 12:26

@rboerdijk,

Can you indicate whats likely to be in the patch when it comes?

Cheers
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 12:57

tuyijop wrote:i'm hungry because i have buy X Rebirth in 2014...with many bug and i have to wait more of 2 year for see this game work normally and now the same game just in VR had a same and new and old bug come back...ok for vulkan i can understand...but for the mission bug loose guidance....metal plating reinforced...this bug is in normal version before...why this come back this is not vulkan...yes?
The dev can enjoye a small fix for this problem...in waiting a big patch for the other problem...just for show than dev are sometime of this game.
The mission problems you describe are not the same ones that existed in early versions of XR, because these are new missions for the VR version. Unfortunately it isn't practical for us to extract just those fixes and release them before the rest of the update, but hopefully we are only looking at a matter of a few days.
Bazza wrote:Can you indicate whats likely to be in the patch when it comes?
He can't right now, but I can. :)

Please note that these are draft release notes and are subject to change before the update is actually released.

• Added Advanced Flight Tutorial explaining gesture steering.
• Added new mission available from around stations that allows you full station access (unlocking all station doors) for a limited time.
• Added support for keyboard steering in case player tries to use keyboard in 3D mode.
• Added automatic detection of VR controllers at run-time.
• [Oculus] Added handling for closing interact menus on pressing B-button on the Oculus Touch controller.
• [Oculus] Added support to deselect the current target by pressing B-button on Oculus Touch controller.
• Added option to use the entire range of a slider for forward speed.
• Improved mission descriptions for the Restoration Project mission chain.
• Improved highway flight by allowing roll axis to steer left/right instead of doing nothing.
• Improved mission enemy balancing.
• Changed UI VR pointer to be turned off while the in-game VR pointer is displayed.
• Fixed access to trade offers filtered by object from station and CV detail menu.
• Fixed bug where tutorial could become stuck because player tried to use mouse in 3D mode.
• Fixed Assign Trading Ship upkeep mission for warehouses being impossible to accomplish
• Fixed first person rotation being much too slow in certain cases.
• Fixed mission NPCs not being placed on some platforms because of priority issues.
• Fixed several other smaller mission issues.
• Fixed cases of dialog menu not being displayed, especially right after gamestart.
• Fixed incorrectly positioned dialog menu, mini-game and mission-bar in 2D-mode on certain resolutions.
• Fixed clicking on event monitor while ship is moving.
• Fixed rare case where the detail monitor would not work.
• Fixed successful player kill being registered if they destroyed a crate they were supposed to collect.
• Fixed issue with using non-bidirectional throttle together with gamepad mode.
• Fixed causes of several crashes.

Reprisal
x4

Re: Egosoft guys !!!: Wake up !!

Post by Reprisal » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 16:46

tuyijop wrote:3) impossible to construct station because no metal plating in game
I haven't been paying much attention to my stations that are currently in progress, however my hardware plant did finish.

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 19:56

Ahh cool !! thanks CBJ but any idea for metal plating reinforced...he's not found
everywhere ;-)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 20:47

j.harshaw talked a bit about the availability of Reinforced Metal Plating in this thread, where other players posted their experiences too. Maybe you find some hints in there about where you could look for RMP.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 23:19

I have try i playing 1 monthe and 4 days everynight and i don't have to see just one metal plating reinforced..no on ship no on station...no have luck

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 20:53

I appreciate the patch notes (draft) but, as other doubtless will be, I am disappointed that when using Touch controllers, we will still fire missiles accidentally due to the fact that we cannot retract weapons or select a 'not deployed' option in the weapons selection screen.

Is it really that difficult to implement?

I also did not read anything about a cure for the UI locking-up, nor anything about making the mouse available in cockpit menus. Really, if it is possible in ED, surely Egosoft can manage it as well...

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 22:20

rp198419 wrote:I appreciate the patch notes (draft) but, as other doubtless will be, I am disappointed that when using Touch controllers, we will still fire missiles accidentally due to the fact that we cannot retract weapons or select a 'not deployed' option in the weapons selection screen.

Is it really that difficult to implement?

I also did not read anything about a cure for the UI locking-up, nor anything about making the mouse available in cockpit menus. Really, if it is possible in ED, surely Egosoft can manage it as well...
The missile issue you mention is present in classic X Rebirth too. It arose in 4.00 as a side effect of removing multiple missile entries for those that had been owned once, but were at zero stock (skipping many empty entries was not optimal even though that had the side effect of retracting missiles).

If Egosoft agree the current implementation is a problem, it's probably been considered a lower priority (Dev time being factored in as well as player enjoyment) than the many things they've worked on since 4.00 (2 XR updates, XRVR and X4).

Providing feedback on topics, like the missile issue, is very helpful to Egosoft. It is unlikely to be as effective when combined with digs like you last sentence.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 00:32

It is unlikely to be as effective when combined with digs like you last sentence.
Yowch - Burn! LOL @rp198419 someone in an earlier thread mentioned swapping the fire missile with ... can't recall, but a less easily pressed button (stick click maybe?).

I was kind'a hoping Egosoft would do something about the ship-board monitor situation, even just an option to use the virtual monitor that appears when you're docked.

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 12:04

CBJ wrote: He can't right now, but I can. :)
Thanks CBJ for this update.

A good collection of fixes and enhancements which will surely help enjoying the game. Good work.

But i'm still hoping for some more changes, too - most of them mentioned in the previous posts.

'Weapons hot button'
'Freeze of the slide out sidescreen input so it's not accessable by the 'Laserpointer' in VR any more'
'Option to use the Menu Screen like it comes up while docked instead of the slide out sidescreen'
'RMP issue - yes, there is some RMP somewhere out there but the search is VERY hard, especially for people who starts with XR:VR - make it at least a bit more accessible, otherwise i imagine you loose a lot of the new players that started now with VR'

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the patch...

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Mon, 11. Sep 17, 01:03

"Providing feedback on topics, like the missile issue, is very helpful to Egosoft. It is unlikely to be as effective when combined with digs like you last sentence.
Actually Sparky, it wasn't so much a 'dig' as an expression of incredulity.

Ego have, imo, created a VR experience that is as good or possibly better than ED. Why a mouse pointer cannot be included is just a mystery to me, given the obvious coding/design expertise shown by Ego.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 11. Sep 17, 02:08

Thanks for clarifying what you meant, and sorry for misunderstanding you.

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 17:10

Thanks for that Sparky.

Truth is that unsurprisingly, many of us players make comparisons. XRVR is a really good game, very immersive and an experience with real depth. But so often it is 'simple' things that have the power to make it even better; the mouse and missile deployment issues being just two of them.

In reality, we just want a wonderful game to become even better. Perhaps though, people like me don't always appreciate that to implement 'simple' improvements are actually more complicated to incorporate than perhaps we realise.

Nevertheless, such improvements make a significant difference to the enjoyment of the game.

In short, we just want a great game to become even better.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”