EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1821, 1822, 1823  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
insolent1

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 9. Sep 17, 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

paulwheeler wrote:
Can't believe there are people still playing this mod 6 years after we released it.

You should not be surprised as its the best combat mod(personal combat and money from it) for x3, LU is more for fleet actions and xtended has a bit of a boring universe until the invasions start happening(its also a bit too balanced)

Quote:
Can capital ships bail without boarding? If not, is there a way to change this?

You can use the npc bail plugin for large ship bailing but I would not recommend it in XRM as there is so much combat it would make it absurdly easy(large ships everywhere)

BlackArchon

PostPosted: Sat, 9. Sep 17, 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

paulwheeler wrote:
Can't believe there are people still playing this mod 6 years after we released it.

As you may have now all guessed, development of this mod has ceased. Ive not fired up x3 for a couple of years now (I've got back into writing music in a big way - so no time for these in depth games any more)

I apologise for the broken download links. I will try and remember to get them back up and working again.
I really want to thank you for XRM. This and LU give me a perfect symbiosis for my X3 needs: If I want to have action and constant combat without the need to constantly care about empire management (or other threats like Phanon and the OCV), I choose XRM. Especially in days and weeks where my work is more mentally exhausting, I really appreciate XRM after work. Smile

This race-specific, really distinctive combat feeling is what lets me return to XRM every time.

And with my combat performance patch, I can really enjoy bigger fleet battles, because the game's performance isn't dropping so low.

SimB

PostPosted: Thu, 14. Sep 17, 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Is there a list where I can see which M7 / M1 / M2 can also dock TS / M6 ships?

I want to upgrad from my M6 Centaur Sentinel to a M7 Cerberus or M1 Galleon, but then I also need a TS / M6 dock on it.

PS: Great mod. Having loads of fun on my current playthrough!

Rutka

PostPosted: Thu, 14. Sep 17, 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4527544#4527544

BlackArchon

PostPosted: Thu, 14. Sep 17, 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Rutka wrote:
You have linked the special LU version of zanzal's great "Ship browser" script - the default version works fine for XRM, which can be found here: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4341419#4341419

SimB

PostPosted: Fri, 15. Sep 17, 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

BlackArchon wrote:
Rutka wrote:
You have linked the special LU version of zanzal's great "Ship browser" script - the default version works fine for XRM, which can be found here: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4341419#4341419

Thank you! Will try it out immediately. Thumb up

Khaakbuster

PostPosted: Thu, 5. Oct 17, 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It's been a long time since XRM was released but I haven't been playing X3 for years. This is my first try with XRM and I must say "Thank you. Good Job!". First I tried XTC but it quickly got boring because there isn't anything happening around the universe and all ships and weapons have been made more than less equal. In XRM there is lots of action and ships and weapon systems are varying a lot. Only the Khaak are completely overpowered in XRM but this can easily be corrected. Wink

Still, there is something bugging me:

paulwheeler wrote:

PLOTS - For Terran Conflict all the plots are available.

I found out too late that this isn't true. I'm using version 1.30d of XRM with X3TC. I started as OTAS Operative and the Terran Plot gets disabled by XRM at game start. Is there a reason why this isn't mentioned in the opening post? I would like to enable it again but so far in the game I fear that it breaks things (all race sectors mapped, ATF rank 7, all other races 8, Final Fury started).

PS: Something worth mentioning in the list of recommended scripts is Gazz' OOS Combat Rebalance. This is a must have for anyone using OWPs. Per default they don't do anything OOS so I always had to jump to the sector to make them fire at attackers which quickly got annoying.

Dock Manager
List Blueprints
XTC 2.2 - Repair Laser on Normal Difficulty
xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx

PostPosted: Fri, 13. Oct 17, 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

XRM + MSP 2.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j11X0lepquo

GDI-BOSS

PostPosted: Mon, 16. Oct 17, 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi guys,can you tell me if mk3 traders is profitable??because jumpdrive cost 2m,trade software 3m,and military scanner(triplex) another 1,4m,total almost 8m and ship value..its recomended mk3 or only stations??

BlackArchon

PostPosted: Mon, 16. Oct 17, 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Of course MK3 traders will be profitable one day, but it takes quite a while longer because of the increased costs of the jumpdrive and the MK3 software. I usually avoid MK3 traders in XRM because of this. In the end, you can earn a million credits by destroying an single enemy M6 with a bounty, or you can wait several ingame days for an MK3 trader to earn this money. The choice is yours. Smile

bizbag

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 18. Oct 17, 05:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'm having some trouble progressing Operation Loose Ends, running XRM. The attached picture HERE shows my issue; it tells me to enter a Nova but won't progress beyond that despite me being in a Nova. I googled the issue but only came across a board in a language I cannot read.

lolcat

PostPosted: Tue, 24. Oct 17, 06:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Waladil wrote:
I'm having a weird bug(?) with XRM.

Pirate Mammoths. Pirate Mammoths EVERYWHERE.

I'm seeing "wings" of four PMs led by a single Nova, and Hatikvah's Faith has something like 12-15 of them hanging around.

This is a fresh game, OTAS Operative start.

Expected behavior?

<snip>

Heya.. so I am entirely new, doing xrm + Tcap missions.. and started as terran. I am doing the pirate scan mission atm, and unlike vanilla, I have sooo many mammoths all over the sectors.. and now if I try to scan the ship I get a gazillion missiles and shotsfrom mammoths blowing me out from the sky every time :/

Is this how it is meant to be or is it a tships conflict or?

Also, the stock exchange is such a game ruiner innit? from AP? On my first game, TC humble merchant after 3 long days i had maybe 7-10 mill something in assets, whereas after a little hour on the stock I have 13 mill :/

What's the point of doing anything, like missions, capping, anything? ;p

Ah well.. I bought a kestrel and fully upgraded it but these missiles.....

:/ I kinda feel this xrm coul dbe awesome but ye, I wonder if virtually every sector is meant to have 5-10 mammoths battling away and blowing up constantly.. not to mention attacking me 90% of the time.

ADDENDUM: EL OH EL!! I found a cute, little quiet place on the pirate base itself I could hide my little kestrel long enough to scan... but in my joyous vigour, I accelerated a bit all too fast and blew up on the pirate base's hull doh.

20 reloads in and just nowhere near not getting blown up again from missiles sigh. There is too much in the world to keep reloading , especially in such a long, deep game. pff. Back to Tetris.

joelR

PostPosted: Tue, 24. Oct 17, 08:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Mammoths all over the place is indeed a faulty install of a mod. I looked for info on it but im not finding anything. Either way its the result of a faulty install

s9ilent

PostPosted: Tue, 24. Oct 17, 09:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

My guess is that your tships file is not correct (i.e. you are using the vanilla tships file). The games tjobs file (responsible for setting up NPC ships) is trying to reference some ships, the game can't find them, so it subs in just the ship at the top of the list (Which is the mammoth)

Specifically, you need to ensure that you did the fake patching correct, copying the cat+dat files to the ADDON folder for AP, the normal folder for TC and that you have renamed the files correctly. (i.e. the next available number)

It is probably safer to follow all the steps again thou paying special attention to when it says to copy to the TC folder, vs the addon (AP) folder

onslow77

PostPosted: Tue, 31. Oct 17, 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hello!

I have X3AP with XRM installed and am wondering where I put the script from the "Hull Addon Pack"?

in:

.../X3 Terran Conflict/scripts

or:

.../X3 Terran Conflict/addon/scripts

Regards
Martin

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1821, 1822, 1823  Next