[TC]Corporation HQ missions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ajime
x4

[TC]Corporation HQ missions

Post by ajime » Tue, 5. Sep 17, 03:15

I had had done corp missions(Jonferco HQ) halfway for them and rose in rank. then the HQ got blown to pieces by xenon passing through. The corp rep didn't respawn. Any chance without restarting a new game?

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Corp missions

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 5. Sep 17, 07:31

I think 'No'. If it did, you'd have to start the Corporation mission over again.

The Missions for The Duke in Lasting Vengeance are the worst. If a pirate is lost anywhere in TC, it can abort that campaign and it can't be restarted. Just a few dead pirates anywhere and it's over.

At least his HQ comes back in a game day if it's lost. It'll be blue if your pirate rating is good. You can't begin the Corporation missions for him unless the HQ is blue. Once you start you should stay with it until it's done. Like the OP's question, a lot of things can derail that campaign for good.

I blow up his HQ myself but make sure to have a good pirate rating when he comes back.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: [TC]Corporation HQ missions

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 5. Sep 17, 07:47

ajime wrote:I had had done corp missions(Jonferco HQ) halfway for them and rose in rank. then the HQ got blown to pieces by xenon passing through. The corp rep didn't respawn. Any chance without restarting a new game?
Unique stations eventually get replaced (with the exception of the Marine Training Barracks in X3TC, annoyingly), after about a day or so usually, as Bill mentioned. I suspect, however, that Bill is right about the corporation mission chain now being broken, for the following reason:

There is a particular taxi mission, where you have to bring a dignitary back to the corp HQ, after which that NPC becomes the new mission contact person for that corp. If you fail such a mission, that breaks the corp mission chain because the NPC that would be giving you the missions is no longer present. I suspect that a corp HQ being destroyed causes the same problem: the mission agent is destroyed or otherwise displaced, and when the station is replaced, that NPC is no longer there.

Although I've never used it myself, I know there is a mod out there that allows the player to reset plots. I don't know any more about it, though - for example, I don't know whether it works for the corp missions, and I don't know whether it's a "global" reset ie. whether it maybe resets ALL plots, or whether it can be used selectively. Sorry...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 5. Sep 17, 18:10

You are probably talking about Plot Reset 3.1 .
But afaik this will NOT reset the Corporation missions (see this post)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 5. Sep 17, 19:25

That could be one starting point:
1. Study what the Plot Reset MD-code has.
2. Study what the MD-code of affected plots have.
3. Study the MD.
4. Study what the MD-code of Corporation plot of interest has.
5. Apply the knowledge.
(I don't know any of that. The S&M Forum does.)

There is plan B:
Reload an earlier save from timepoint preceeding the fatal incident. The loss of progress is less than when starting from scratch. Unfortunately that plan requires that there are saves to load.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Wed, 6. Sep 17, 04:53

jlehtone wrote:That could be one starting point:
1. Study what the Plot Reset MD-code has.
2. Study what the MD-code of affected plots have.
3. Study the MD.
4. Study what the MD-code of Corporation plot of interest has.
5. Apply the knowledge.
(I don't know any of that. The S&M Forum does.)

There is plan B:
Reload an earlier save from timepoint preceeding the fatal incident. The loss of progress is less than when starting from scratch. Unfortunately that plan requires that there are saves to load.
meh left it along so far and i didn't realize when it died. had the same issue with duke bucaneers hq too. they only show -2 on my notoriety profile. must of gotten blown up by paranid task force some time ago. oh well.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 6. Sep 17, 17:07

The Corporations do, unfortunately, require exclusive focus and thorough preparations. When you start with one, you better push through all the way in one go and be ready to do shady business. Pausing such quest is an unnecessary risk.

The Duke in particular can be "fun". They favour certain mission types. If you are already a well known fighter, then you will get many Paranid Capital ships to deal with -- acts that Emperor Xaar will not be amused about. The quicker you do all the Duke's errands, the sooner you can renegotiate Priests favour (assuming you like the trinity blue).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”